Carrier Comms with VoiceAttack

Blarney

Since the carrier inbound comms are not key bound like Salute, anyone have a solution besides saying 1, 2, 3, etc to follow the F key sequence in the menu? Since the carrier F# can be different every time in the ATC menu.

486DX w/turbo button

I have used the "Hornet Ball", call. Right now bound to a spare key. Other than that I use verbal versions of "F1" etc. I'm hoping as they refine the coms it will get better, but happy with it for now.

I have used the "Hornet Ball", call. Right now bound to a spare key. Other than that I use verbal versions of "F1" etc. I'm hoping as they refine the coms it will get better, but happy with it for now.

Viacom you just say the words you want. Inbound is inbound. Hornet ball is hornet ball etc. It's pretty good.

The latest update to VIACOM works very well. You need to pay a couple of $ for the add on though.

You can also define keypresses for hornet ball and salute..... I personally have salute assigned to the same HOTAS switch (warthog pinky switch) as my lights on/off. Since I believe cycling your lights is the night time equivalent anyway.

Nice. So you need to plug it into VoiceAttack or is it stand-alone?

Yes Vaicom Pro is a plug in for Voice Attack.

So worth the cost of entry.

See sub-forum here:

https://forums.eagle.ru/forumdisplay.php?f=733

Don B

EVGA Z390 Dark MB | i9 9900k CPU @ 5.1 GHz | Gigabyte 4090 OC | 64 GB Corsair Vengeance 3200 MHz CL16 | Corsair H150i Pro Cooler |Virpil CM3 Stick w/ Alpha Prime Grip 200mm ext| Virpil CM3 Throttle | VPC Rotor TCS Base w/ Alpha-L Grip| Point Control V2|Varjo Aero|

Nice. So you need to plug it into VoiceAttack or is it stand-alone?

Ya Vaicom will allow you to force a lot of the commands you normally have to go through the entire inbound call process after wave off or bolters. It can be a little tough to understand how to get up and running at first. I am having issues with it recognizing my inbound to carrier calls. Sometimes it works and others it doesn't mostly due to speech recognition limitations that I think has to do with my microphone quality and speech training within windows. I need to be deliberate with every word.

You can also combine Vaicom with Baileys F18 V2.0 profile which is awesome and provides a ton of other voice commands with actual audio responses he programmed in.

The install of Vaicom is shown in a youtube video but the res of the more intricate setup and programming is not shown and you have to read through the manual to understand a lot with how it works.

Just a side note: Buy the Pro version with realistic ATC and AIRIO for the F14 but dont bother with the Chatter extension since it is just a novelty. It just gives you a bunch of canned radio chatter background on the radios contently. It is fun for about 5 minutes but I should have save the money.

Edited by BMGZ06

System Specs: 13900K, Strix Z790 Gaming E, MSI 4090 Sprim Liquid X  OC'd, 64gb Gskill Trident Z DDR5, Samsung 980 PRO M.2 SSD,. Winwing throttle, Winwing panels/MIPs and VKB GF3/MCGU stick, MFG Crosswind V2, HP REVERB G2.

Viacom you just say the words you want. Inbound is inbound. Hornet ball is hornet ball etc. It's pretty good.

True, until you are using the predetermined keywords/expressions, collected in Vaicom Pro manual, pages 50 through 70.

Inbound is indeed inbound, but a simple "Inbound" will give you reply from a (nearest?) land based airfield. "Inbound for carrier" what you should use for a carrier check in, I guess... :smartass:

True, until you are using the predetermined keywords/expressions, collected in Vaicom Pro manual, pages 50 through 70.

Inbound is indeed inbound, but a simple "Inbound" will give you reply from a (nearest?) land based airfield. "Inbound for carrier" what you should use for a carrier check in, I guess... :smartass:

I'm still new to it! Is that the same with easy comms off? I'll try the inbound carrier command.

I'm still new to it! Is that the same with easy comms off? I'll try the inbound carrier command.

For good measure I simply printed out those VAICOM manual pages 50-70 as a pdf adobe print menu "booklet" format (resulting in a A/5 size (in Europe at least) little page flipper). Just because there might be alternatives or modifications for better VA recognition/distinction. I definitely recommend it to every VAICOM user.

Be sure to first say the name of the Carrier then inbound or Name of Carrier then Marking moms. Works well. Same goes for airfields on caucasus map. The airfield inbound calls do not work for me on persian gulf. I also found that using the VSPX option works better for me also. I am using easy comms and have the preferences in vaicom selected for it also.

System Specs: 13900K, Strix Z790 Gaming E, MSI 4090 Sprim Liquid X  OC'd, 64gb Gskill Trident Z DDR5, Samsung 980 PRO M.2 SSD,. Winwing throttle, Winwing panels/MIPs and VKB GF3/MCGU stick, MFG Crosswind V2, HP REVERB G2.

I find turning off easy comms and ensuring you have the correct freq dialled in gets the best response. I find if I use callsigns it gets confused, probably due to an Aussie accent.

It isn't exactly standard phraseology but if you are on the right freq, just saying the instruction (i.e "inbound, hornet ball, on station) works and is 1000% more immersive and less disruptive than menus.