F18 TPOD AA Mode and Cage

Zweeg

Does anybody know why the TPOD goes into velocity vector slave mode when in AA mode? I’m under the understanding that it should be tracking the locked radar target. Instead I can only move it vertically, and isn’t very useful. Also, when I cage/uncage the tpod it goes into the stow position. Is that a bug?

Air to air mode is not yet implemented.

Virpil WarBRD | Thrustmaster Hornet Grip | Foxx Mount | Thrustmaster TWCS Throttle | Logitech G Throttle Quadrant | VKB T-Rudder IV | TrackIR 5

AMD Ryzen 5 3600 | Nvidia GTX 1060 6GB | 32GB DDR4 3200 | SSD

Does anybody know why the TPOD goes into velocity vector slave mode when in AA mode? I’m under the understanding that it should be tracking the locked radar target. Instead I can only move it vertically, and isn’t very useful. Also, when I cage/uncage the tpod it goes into the stow position. Is that a bug?

Now the cage/uncage indeed gets it stowed. If you want it on boresight hit the Undesignated button. If you want it on the flight path marker hit the VVSLV OSB on the right side of the DDI.

whats the gray option on the TGP for?

My Rig:I7 4790K OC to 4.5 GHz .Memory ram 16GB 64 Bit MOB Asus Maximus hero VII Nvidia NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1080 T Asus Monitor 4K at 3840x2160 Windos 10 64-bit on SDD 500 and DCS on separate SSD drive. Thrustmaster Hotas Warthog CH pro pedals

Shows you gray color in tgp's green parallel universe

FC3 | UH-1 | Mi-8 | A-10C II | F/A-18 | Ka-50 III | F-14 | F-16 | AH-64 Mi-24 | F-5 | F-15E| F-4| Tornado

Persian Gulf | Nevada | Syria | NS-430 | Supercarrier // Wishlist: CH-53 | UH-60

Youtube

MS FFB2 - TM Warthog - CH Pro Pedals - Trackir 5

whats the gray option on the TGP for?

The gray option is used to provide two things: an adjustment scale at the bottom of the screen, to adjust the brightness of the screen I think it works a bit like that in video games:

fifa-19-change-brightness.jpg

You have to adjust until you see all the color bars and this allows you by pressing zoom once to switch to the brightness setting that you can adjust with the arrows, if I'm not mistaken