All non-view keyboard binds non-functional in 2.5.6 open beta for f/a18cl20

VIDEO:

Issue: All non-view keyboard controls (so throttle, gear, flaps, hook, etc.) are not working; all keyboard view commands work.

Did I check the control settings to verify: yes

Aircraft effected: f/18 only (tested a10 to check if place bug or game functionality bug. a10 worked fine).

Maps tested: caucasus & NV

Additional testing steps: uninstalled game. rebooted. reinstalled game. installed f/18. made no adjustments to any settings. doublechecked bindings. tested. failed. tested A10, successful.

notes: this is only in open-beta, and this is my first time running OB, anything i need to know?

Seems like too big of an issue not to have been noticed previously.

Edited by photobeau

While not ruling out a bug that you encountered, that seems highly unlikely... that's literally the first time I've ever heard someone describe something like this since the Hornets release. Doublecheck if you set up the F-18 Sim and not the F-18 Game controls, for a start?

i7 - 9700K | 32 GB DDR4 3200 | RTX 2080 | VKB Gunfighter Mk II /w MCG Pro | Virpil T-50CM2 Throttle | TrackIR 5 | VKB Mk. IV

AJS-37 | A/V-8B | A-10C | F-14A/B | F-16C | F-18C | F-86F | FC3 | JF-17 | Ka-50 | L-39 | Mi-8 | MiG-15bis | MiG-19 | MiG-21bis | M2000-C | P-51D | Spitfire LF Mk. IX | UH-1H

While not ruling out a bug that you encountered, that seems highly unlikely... that's literally the first time I've ever heard someone describe something like this since the Hornets release. Doublecheck if you set up the F-18 Sim and not the F-18 Game controls, for a start?

I hear ya, but there is something going on 100%. I am a former tester for THQ and went through quite a bit before posting. I'm attaching a screenshot of my settings and I've included a link to youtube where you can view the issue live.

throttle.thumb.jpg.57b0a95806da4eed15109f42520f825b.jpg

Well I give up, I'm going back to 2.5. I only went to open for the supercarrier purchase I made, but after I installed the module, it will not let me open it, the option to run it is non-selectable. If I cant use the expansion i bought or the aircraft functions, I'll go back to where it works.

Try deleting the keybinds files, they're located at C:\Users\username\Saved Games\DCS\Config\Input\FA-18C_hornet. Next time you start DCS, it'll rebuild the files. You'll have to re-bind the keys, but it might solve your problem.

The vCVW-17 is looking for Hornet and Tomcat pilots and RIOs. Join the vCVW-17 Discord.

CVW-17_Profile_Background_VFA-34.png

F/A-18C, F-15E, AV-8B, F-16C, JF-17, A-10C/CII, M-2000C, F-14, AH-64D, BS2, UH-1H, P-51D, Sptifire, FC3
-
i9-13900K, 64GB @6400MHz RAM, 4090 Strix OC, Samsung 990 Pro

I tried several keyboard commands like flaps, speedbrake and gear up/down, and they all work as usual.

In your video you mention that you cannot mouse-control the throttle, but that's normal as far as I know. Throttle and stick and the switches on them are generally not clickable.

LeCuvier

Windows 10 Pro 64Bit | i7-4790 CPU |16 GB RAM|SSD System Disk|SSD Gaming Disk| MSI GTX-1080 Gaming 8 GB| Acer XB270HU | TM Warthog HOTAS | VKB Gladiator Pro | MongoosT-50 | MFG Crosswind Pedals | TrackIR 5