Posit BE on FCR

thechaps16

Hi DCS team!

Thank you for your great work. Do you have an ETA for the FCR BE indicator? The current system doesn't allow us to work properly Air Defense flows. I don't know if this is a complicated thing to implement, but it's for sure a needed one to play real CAPx or SWEEPx missions. Thanks a lot again for your passion.

Best regards.

Win10-64 / MAG Z-790 Tomahawk Wifi / Intel i7-13700 KF / MSI MAG Coreliquid 360R V2 / MSI RTX-4080 SuprimX / Kingston SK Hynix 64Go DDR5-6400-C32 / 1*Nvme Crucial CT2000P3 2.0Tb / 5*SSD Samsung 860QVO 1Tb / 3*Samsung S27E330 Monitors / HP-Reverb G2 / Track-Ir 5 / Thrustmaster: Warthog Throttle + Warthog Stick + F/A-18 Stick + T.Flight Rudders / Home Cinema LG HT503TH / Home-Cockpit F/A-18C (currently only right console, others being build) / Samsung Galaxy Tab S7+ as a Flypad and Sim control

• 3 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...
Any plan for that FCR A-A cursor bullseye position is going to be included in the next update?

I think many would like to have it for A-A realistic CAP Sweep missions

94-2.jpg

Can ED answer to us if the A-A FCR cursor bullseye is W.I.P

If yes could that include in the next update?

kind Regards

• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

My most used radio call in the F-16:

"Ehhh.... Magic, Viper 2-1, could you ehh.... give us that in BRAA?"

• Like 2

-Col. Russ Everts opinion on surface-to-air missiles: "It makes you feel a little better if it's coming for one of your buddies. However, if it's coming for you, it doesn't make you feel too good, but it does rearrange your priorities."

DCS Wishlist:

MC-130E Combat Talon   |   F/A-18F Lot 26   |   HH-60G Pave Hawk   |   E-2 Hawkeye/C-2 Greyhound   |   EA-6A/B Prowler   |   J-35F2/J Draken   |   RA-5C Vigilante

• 2 weeks later...

Still not here.... i looked into the code of the f16's MFD, and the code line exists but is desactivated beaucause not completed. I think this is a 30min work time for ED coders... so why still not here!!!!!

PLEASE ED, your Viper is not playable in BVR without this!!!

Aim high!

• Like 1

Win10-64 / MAG Z-790 Tomahawk Wifi / Intel i7-13700 KF / MSI MAG Coreliquid 360R V2 / MSI RTX-4080 SuprimX / Kingston SK Hynix 64Go DDR5-6400-C32 / 1*Nvme Crucial CT2000P3 2.0Tb / 5*SSD Samsung 860QVO 1Tb / 3*Samsung S27E330 Monitors / HP-Reverb G2 / Track-Ir 5 / Thrustmaster: Warthog Throttle + Warthog Stick + F/A-18 Stick + T.Flight Rudders / Home Cinema LG HT503TH / Home-Cockpit F/A-18C (currently only right console, others being build) / Samsung Galaxy Tab S7+ as a Flypad and Sim control

2 hours ago, thechaps16 said:

Still not here.... i looked into the code of the f16's MFD, and the code line exists but is desactivated beaucause not completed. I think this is a 30min work time for ED coders... so why still not here!!!!!

PLEASE ED, your Viper is not playable in BVR without this!!!

Aim high!

Whilst a must have, you’re rather over egging the “Not playable in BVR”

• Like 2

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Do You know How to do BVR flow without this? I don't... So, unplayable!

Aim high!

• 4 weeks later...

i don't know your job... but i know mine!

Thank's for this good Time.

Aim high!

Y’all are getting way too hung up over this. Yes, it’s needed I grant you that. But “unplayable” is wrong. I’ve passed the BVR Trg sortie in my virtual Sqn with the Viper BE limitation 

This is maybe because you fight with "virtual tactics" in your "virtual sqn" but not as real one. Trust me, you can't play air to air combat in bvr without BE, whatever your sqn created as "tactics" or you can see on YT from arcade "pilot". You may trust me

Aim high!
  • Like 1

7 hours ago, thechaps16 said:

You may trust me

..or we could not 🙂

Eagle Enthusiast, Fresco Fan. Patiently waiting for the F-15E. Clicky F-15C when?

HP Z400 Workstation

Intel Xeon W3680 (i7-980X) OC'd to 4.0 GHz, EVGA GTX 1060 6GB SSC Gaming, 24 GB DDR3 RAM, 500GB Crucial MX500 SSD. Thrustmaster T16000M FCS HOTAS, DIY opentrack head-tracking. I upload DCS videos here https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC0-7L3Z5nJ-QUX5M7Dh1pGg

Aim high!

11 hours ago, thechaps16 said:

This is maybe because you fight with "virtual tactics" in your "virtual sqn" but not as real one. Trust me, you can't play air to air combat in bvr without BE, whatever your sqn created as "tactics" or you can see on YT from arcade "pilot". You may trust me emoji41.png

Aim high!

Ah the bashing of the virtual Sqn. Are we not talking about a virtual game???

I guess my “Virtual” Sqn found a way to improvise, adapt and overcome the current limitations with a newly delivered EA capability, rather than declare the game “Unplayable”. 

• Like 2

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

You are right. Sorry for all! Please ED, do what you want with all aircraft systems, don't be any more precise and close to real Life because they are used by virtual sqn and so don't care about that.........

If i want to play a virtual arcade game, i don't play DCS. This sim is the best simulator and will stay a simulator, not a virtual game as you said. So, do what you want with it, but if i say that simulating A2A engagement are not possible at this time without a BE in the Viper, this is because DCS is a sim and we are playing it as IN REAL LIFE! I'm sorry if you don't understand this fact but, PLEASE, stop to focus on the "playable" word... i think you can easly understand the sub-meaning of it.....

By the way, the main point of this thread was to head up ED for the need of this BE, not to speak about the degree or sense of "unplayable". Keep it in mind if you want to recomit again without SA.

Aim high!

• Like 1