Super Carrier COMS Logic (Case 1 Landings)

Adam

Hi,

Just wondering if there is any location where I can find the logic for the super carrier communications?

I and a few mates have been having problems getting the radio options to change to give us new options. We normally don't get options to kiss off, clara, or call the ball (hornet ball) - even though we've been given Charlie. The radio stays stuck on option to 'See you at 10' - even after the our pilot's automatic 'overhead' call goes out.

Every now and then it appears - but it seems random (and rare) and I was just wondering what the logic / trigger is for the coms menu to update/change?

I'm able to Alt+F9 into the LSO position and see our aircraft stacked up. The first one gets the Charlie call and heads into the pattern.

We get all other passive radio calls. (Right, Left, too low, Power, Bolter, etc where appropriate - so the system seems to know that we're inbound to land) as well as the landing score - but the radio coms never change.

Case 2 & 3 seems to be working fine although mostly have been doing case 1 - haven't done too many of the others.

Not sure if this is a bug or more likely we're doing something wrong. Either way - understanding the logic behind the scenes that changes the radio menu would be very handy if available please.

TIA

Edited by Adam

Looks like I can 'cheat' by binding the BALL communication to a key/button - but we don't have the same option for CLARA.

Thanks for the reports - I'm assuming this may be a bug and not me after all. :-)

I am trying out the case 1 mission and I am getting " Go to alternate" when I go marking moms.....what's that about?

System specs: PC1 :Scan 3XS Ryzen 5900X, 64GB Corsair veng DDR4 3600, EVGA GTX 3090 Win 10, Quest Pro, Samsung Odyssey G9 Neo monitor. Tir5. PC2 ( Helo) Scan 3XS Intel 9900 K, 32 GB Ram, 2080Ti, 50 inch Phillips monitor

F/A-18C: Rhino FFB base TianHang F16 grip, Winwing MP 1, F-18 throttle, TO & Combat panels, MFG crosswind & DFB Aces  seat :cool:                       

Viper: WinWing MFSSB base with F-16 grip, Winwing F-16 throttle, plus Vipergear ICP. MFG crosswind rudders. 

Helo ( Apache) set up: Virpil collective with AH64D grip, Cyclic : Rhino FFB base & TM F18 grip, MFG crosswind rudders, Total controls AH64 MFD's,  TEDAC Unit. 

thanks, am using viacom, with simple comms, it does not do it if I use the on screen menu...any ideas?

System specs: PC1 :Scan 3XS Ryzen 5900X, 64GB Corsair veng DDR4 3600, EVGA GTX 3090 Win 10, Quest Pro, Samsung Odyssey G9 Neo monitor. Tir5. PC2 ( Helo) Scan 3XS Intel 9900 K, 32 GB Ram, 2080Ti, 50 inch Phillips monitor

F/A-18C: Rhino FFB base TianHang F16 grip, Winwing MP 1, F-18 throttle, TO & Combat panels, MFG crosswind & DFB Aces  seat :cool:                       

Viper: WinWing MFSSB base with F-16 grip, Winwing F-16 throttle, plus Vipergear ICP. MFG crosswind rudders. 

Helo ( Apache) set up: Virpil collective with AH64D grip, Cyclic : Rhino FFB base & TM F18 grip, MFG crosswind rudders, Total controls AH64 MFD's,  TEDAC Unit. 

Should be, that the ship you have tacan and or radio tuned too should appear first that would make more sense. :joystick:

Intel core I9 10900K 3.7 ghz

Asrock Z490 Extreme4

G-SKill Ripjaws V 32GB

Cooler Master 120m

GTX 980 Superclocked

Corsair AX850w psu

Samsung 1 T M.2 2 X 850 ssd's

Sony 48 in HD TV

Trackir 5

Hotas Warthog F/A-18C Hornet Grip

Logitech Pro Peddles

Windows 10 64

I've been experimenting with this. I have found so far that:

1. You have to call inbound for any comms options to show up

2. You should call see you at 10 when hitting 10 miles

3. You should leave the comms menu off until you call in overhead and they give you signal charlie. Then, when you turn comms menu on, it will say hornet clara/kiss of/etc.

I think the biggest key is not opening comms again until you get signal charlie.

v6,

boNes

"Also, I would prefer a back seater over the extra gas any day. I would have 80 pounds of flesh to eat and a pair of glasses to start a fire." --F/A-18 Hornet pilot

Im using Viacom Pro, and having the same issue of transmitting to the wrong ship and getting the Go to alternate reply too, even though I set the radio frequencies of the other ships to 124.500. For me, it seems the main problem to be that when I transmit on Ch 1 with the radio set to 127.500 AM, I push the Tx button and say Inbound, the radio changes to Ch M, 124.500. Even if I try to enter a new frequency of 127.500, on the next transnission, it reverts back to 124.500.

So, now I'm at a loss.