Testing VC with an independent server

mch_zh

Did all steps here https://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?p=4119075,

started a "new server" and tried to setup VC with a friend, both Oculus Rift S.

I could hear him all the time, but he could never hear me. We tested all different audio settings (Default / Rift S), restartet, did 10309 Port forwarding, etc. I did not help.

Is there any possibility to test VC with a third party server so that we can narrow in the problem? Can one check whether or not an audio signal is recieved? At least we would know whether its a server problem, my settings or his.

Thks.

• 2 months later...

Was just troubleshooting a similar issue with 2 PCs trying to use DCS voice chat.

PC1 was a USB headset/mic/track IR setup and PC2 was a Rift S. The Rift S could NOT hear the USB headset from PC1. The USB headset could hear the Rift S from PC2 without issue.

On the Rift S PC2, I switched the Voice Chat output over to the Realtek Soundcard and tried again. I could now hear the USB headset from PC1 over the Desktop Speakers on PC2.

I then closed out of DCS on the Rift PC, and within windows, selected the Rift S as the default sound out device (it was previously set on the Realtek). I then fired up DCS, selected Rift S as the Voice Chat Output source and now had 2 way comms between both PC's.

Hope that helps!

• Like 1