PLEASE bring back torrents

Ever since torrents were disabled, and http became the default, my download speed has been 1/10 of it's normal speed. please please please bring torrents back.....

Specs: i7-7700, 16GB DDR4, GTX 970, win 10 x64, TM HOTAS warthog.

Modules: F-5, M-2000C, FC3, Mustang, Spitfire, Mig-15, Combined Arms, Black Shark.

And why they been removed?

This is the Third post since I reported this issue the first time.

It is so strange that they disabled Torrent download this version.

If Torrent download unavailable from now on, it will be unusable download update for me.

ED please fix this issue or I have to give up download.

I tried, and was told that it's just a case of unfortunate server location (I'm in Aus) and there's nothing they can do. I can't update my game or anything rn bc the download speed is unusable

Modules: F-5, M-2000C, FC3, Mustang, Spitfire, Mig-15, Combined Arms, Black Shark.

I tried, and was told that it's just a case of unfortunate server location (I'm in Aus) and there's nothing they can do. I can't update my game or anything rn bc the download speed is unusable

+1 I cannot download via HTTP, Extremely SLOW! In the past versions via torrent, although a little slow, I had some acceptable speed.

In all, ED disabled torrent download is not a good move. Please restart torrent download ASAP.

Also Oz based and same very poor download speed results under the current arrangement (~300kb/sec).

Be great to get the torrent back please.

The funny thing is, mine was reversed. In Perth, the torrent method would max at about 300kB/sec on NBN fixed wireless. Now I'm getting 5-8 MB/sec, so not sure if my ISP changed anything.

Cheers!

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

W10 Home 64Bit, Intel Skylake I5 6600K 3.50GHz, ASUS ROG Stryx Z270F MoBo, 32GB G.Skill RipJaws V DDR4 3200 RAM, Samsung 960 Pro 512GB M.2 SSD (OS), Samsung 850 Pro 512GB SSD, 2TB Seagate SDHD, 2TB WD Green HDD, GALAX GTX GeForce 1070 EXOC Sniper White 8GB VRAM

The funny thing is, mine was reversed. In Perth, the torrent method would max at about 300kB/sec on NBN fixed wireless. Now I'm getting 5-8 MB/sec, so not sure if my ISP changed anything.

Cheers!

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

Yea, most of my WA mates are getting good speed, on the east of the country its absolutely shocking tho

• 2 weeks later...

United States, West Coast on a 1Gb connection and my DL speed sits at 1.7MB.

I've been downloading Beta and my modules for more than 12 hours now.

This is getting pathetic.

Ticket submitted, just venting.

Edited by Deuce

Some say that all men should get in touch with their 'Feminine' side.

When I finally got in touch with mine, she turned out to be a Crazy Cat Lady.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Hello all,

I need to debug the issue with my openbeta update. I could not complete the openbeta update before today's update for the same unknown reason.

The update download always throw this error and update would get stuck never going pass a certain point.

Error message starts with this:

"04018.687 ERROR: size mismatch: got only 11349783392 out of 16420543568 bytes for Mods/terrains/PersianGulf/Surface/PersianGulf.surface5"

Done repair, restart the update again and it gets stuck downloading this part associated with persian gulf map.

I have turned off antivirus, firewall, done all network reset advised by ED technical crew to no avail. It looks like the persian gulf has got something to do with this because it at this point it get jammed.

Attached is my update log file for further anylysis

For weeks now I have been unable to update and enjoy some of the new features introduced.

I would appreciate help here.

autoupdate_log.txt

Edited by Eaglewings

Windows 10 Pro 64bit|Ryzen 5600 @3.8Ghz|EVGA RTX 3070 XC3 Ultra|Corair vengence 32G DDR4 @3200mhz|MSI B550|Thrustmaster Flightstick| Virpil CM3 Throttle| Thrustmaster TFRP Rudder Pedal /Samsung Odyssey Plus Headset

United States, West Coast on a 1Gb connection and my DL speed sits at 1.7MB.

I've been downloading Beta and my modules for more than 12 hours now.

This is getting pathetic.

Ticket submitted, just venting.

Yup i was in the same boat as you today. 1gb fiber connection and alternated between 200kb to 2mb/sec. Pretty bad. They have to figure out how to deliver better speeds. I see it being blamed on local ISP a lot in other threads. I do not believe that at all. I have downloaded files from overseas servers many times recently and get anywhere from 40-100mb/sec

System Specs: 13900K, Strix Z790 Gaming E, MSI 4090 Sprim Liquid X  OC'd, 64gb Gskill Trident Z DDR5, Samsung 980 PRO M.2 SSD,. Winwing throttle, Winwing panels/MIPs and VKB GF3/MCGU stick, MFG Crosswind V2, HP REVERB G2.

Yup i was in the same boat as you today. 1gb fiber connection and alternated between 200kb to 2mb/sec. Pretty bad. They have to figure out how to deliver better speeds. I see it being blamed on local ISP a lot in other threads. I do not believe that at all. I have downloaded files from overseas servers many times recently and get anywhere from 40-100mb/sec

Same thing here and it's not my ISP. If I can update every game I have (except DCS) in a matter of minutes and play mmo's I should be able to get a 24 GB update for DCS done in a day. So far it's been at least a week and I still have 16,420 MB left. Sent a ticket and submitted all the information I was asked for and heard nothing back.

I basically just gave up on updating it. I just check the forums to see if anythings been fixed yet.

Modules:

Owned:

P-51D, F/A-18C, AJS-37, NTTR, F-5E, M-2000C, Bf 109, Fw 190 D-9, F-86F, Mig-15Bis, A-10C, Combined Arms, Mi-8Mtv2, UH-1H, Black Shark 2, Mig-21Bis, FC3, F-14A/B, Mig-19, Spitfire, JF-17, Persian Gulf

Would Like to See:

Mig-29K, Su-24, Mig-25, J-8II, J-10 , Tornado

Specifications:

Windows 10 64Bit, i7-7700K 4.2Ghz, GTX 1080, 16Gb RAM, T.flight Stick X

Same thing here and it's not my ISP. If I can update every game I have (except DCS) in a matter of minutes and play mmo's I should be able to get a 24 GB update for DCS done in a day. So far it's been at least a week and I still have 16,420 MB left. Sent a ticket and submitted all the information I was asked for and heard nothing back.

I basically just gave up on updating it. I just check the forums to see if anythings been fixed yet.

This was literally 45 minutes ago. It's so hit or miss, sometimes I get the same thing in the low MB/s other times like just now. :dunno:

dl.thumb.png.a0f2fadc74e04ca98a39d6285a909fcf.png

This was literally 45 minutes ago. It's so hit or miss, sometimes I get the same thing in the low MB/s other times like just now. :dunno:

More miss than hit. :P

The last time I tried updating I got it up to 9 GB downloaded when it stopped. I canceled the download, started it again, and had to start the download all the way from scratch. :cry:

Modules:

Owned:

P-51D, F/A-18C, AJS-37, NTTR, F-5E, M-2000C, Bf 109, Fw 190 D-9, F-86F, Mig-15Bis, A-10C, Combined Arms, Mi-8Mtv2, UH-1H, Black Shark 2, Mig-21Bis, FC3, F-14A/B, Mig-19, Spitfire, JF-17, Persian Gulf

Would Like to See:

Mig-29K, Su-24, Mig-25, J-8II, J-10 , Tornado

Specifications:

Windows 10 64Bit, i7-7700K 4.2Ghz, GTX 1080, 16Gb RAM, T.flight Stick X