[WIP] lightning pod uncage/cage command

blue281269

Another thread has stated that the tpod is starting stby mode rather than off when spawning (i'm not sure if this relates to hot or cold start). If that is the case VVSLV will never show up... UNTIL you flip flir to off first and then back to stby or on it should show. Not realistic but it's there for now. Until maybe Jun 3 hopefully.

Another thread has stated that the tpod is starting stby mode rather than off when spawning (i'm not sure if this relates to hot or cold start). If that is the case VVSLV will never show up... UNTIL you flip flir to off first and then back to stby or on it should show. Not realistic but it's there for now. Until maybe Jun 3 hopefully.

IIRC that was fixed in a previous OB update.

The vCVW-17 is looking for Hornet and Tomcat pilots and RIOs. Join the vCVW-17 Discord.

CVW-17_Profile_Background_VFA-34.png

F/A-18C, F-15E, AV-8B, F-16C, JF-17, A-10C/CII, M-2000C, F-14, AH-64D, BS2, UH-1H, P-51D, Sptifire, FC3
-
i9-13900K, 64GB @6400MHz RAM, 4090 Strix OC, Samsung 990 Pro

The issue hasn't been fixed in the most recent OB. Furthermore the VVSLV push button option disappeared on the right side of the screen, so the only way to cage is to turn the pod to standby? This makes using the pod so frustrating.

Intel i7 9700k CPU

Nvidia GTX 1080Ti

16GB RAM

Samsung 256GB SSD

Thrustmaster T16000m HOTAS

I was having issues before after this patch with VVSLV missing and Undesignate not returning the pod to Snowplow; oddly enough those problems went away after restarting my client. I cannot guarantee that'll work for others.

REAPER 51 | Tholozor
VFA-136 (c.2007): https://www.digitalcombatsimulator.com/en/files/3305981/
Arleigh Burke Destroyer Pack (2020): https://www.digitalcombatsimulator.com/en/files/3313752/

Thanks Santi for the tip on the cage uncage. IRL, not sure what version of the lot 20 though, the first press of the undesignate button just erases the TGT and leaves the pod where it was pointing, second press (or pressing undesignate when no TGT exists) returns to snowplow. Can't say where I got this information due to forum rules and no one will care if I'm saying the truth or not, so I was hoping ED already had that data.

So ED finally implemented this. Way to go! Now if you are in A o P track and press undesignate, the first time it will let the tgp pointing in the last direction and second press will snowplow!

Stay safe

So ED finally implemented this. Way to go! Now if you are in A o P track and press undesignate, the first time it will let the tgp pointing in the last direction and second press will snowplow!

It's not intended and I haven't been able to reproduce it, if you can reproduce it please post a track.

Hello Pb 180°

Tpod just looks 180 degrees back whenever I try to recenter.Before Update workly good with ''S'' Bind key And VVSL But Disapear !!! Impossible to Go noise WTF !GRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR

Same here. I am coming back off a break and sometimes I need to turn the FLIR off then on again in order to get it to slew after a cage uncage. I also have to press the right sensor switch twice after an uncage or it wont move at all. THen if I mess with the VVSLV btn is when it freezes and I need to turn off then on and it works again. But not like it used to, it used to be so easy to use now I have to keep pushing Sensor control sw right to cycle back to OPR

Does anyone know if there is documentation explaining how the litening system is supposed to work now?