New Pilot model?

DAN

No new template as far as I've seen, but the new texture supports having asymmetrical helmet artwork (e.g. like the Tomcat HGU-33). The new model has some enhanced animations for the pilot looking around (plus saluting left and right), much less robotic head motion, and the pilot will angle his torso when looking over the shoulder, it looks pretty good. Plus the patches have finally been fixed with the shoulder ranks and flag.

Below is a WIP shot for the next update to my VFA-136 livery.

Capture.thumb.PNG.dde7776a51162c671a098f0bd8cfb336.PNG

REAPER 51 | Tholozor
VFA-136 (c.2007): https://www.digitalcombatsimulator.com/en/files/3305981/
Arleigh Burke Destroyer Pack (2020): https://www.digitalcombatsimulator.com/en/files/3313752/

No new template as far as I've seen, but the new texture supports having asymmetrical helmet artwork (e.g. like the Tomcat HGU-33). The new model has some enhanced animations for the pilot looking around (plus saluting left and right), much less robotic head motion, and the pilot will angle his torso when looking over the shoulder, it looks pretty good. Plus the patches have finally been fixed with the shoulder ranks and flag.

Below is a WIP shot for the next update to my VFA-136 livery.

Did you observe the new animations (eg salute) on player aircraft? Because I only saw them on AI ones. I also noticed that the visor shows up in front of the canopy glass at certain angles, kind of like z fighting, but I'm not sure.

The vCVW-17 is looking for Hornet and Tomcat pilots and RIOs. Join the vCVW-17 Discord.

CVW-17_Profile_Background_VFA-34.png

F/A-18C, F-15E, AV-8B, F-16C, JF-17, A-10C/CII, M-2000C, F-14, AH-64D, BS2, UH-1H, P-51D, Sptifire, FC3
-
i9-13900K, 64GB @6400MHz RAM, 4090 Strix OC, Samsung 990 Pro

Haven't seen the salute animation outside of ModelViewer (and the SC release video), but I'm glad it's there to get hooked up later.

As far as the visor goes, partially-transparent textures layered with other partially-transparent textures (visor glass and canopy glass) have always looked a little odd to me, but usually under certain lighting conditions.

On the right, the image looks pretty normal, but on the left, the light kinda bleeds through or bends around the visor where it should be obscured by the glare off the canopy. It doesn't bother me that much, but I've never see it do something that could be described like Z-fighting except maybe when transitioning through a cloud layer (clouds are already kinda strange anyway, but we can see what happens once the new cloud render starts coming along).

visor_light_diff.png.304cd175ac40ad743927a897a5a3f8a6.png

Edited by Tholozor

REAPER 51 | Tholozor
VFA-136 (c.2007): https://www.digitalcombatsimulator.com/en/files/3305981/
Arleigh Burke Destroyer Pack (2020): https://www.digitalcombatsimulator.com/en/files/3313752/

Haven't seen the salute animation outside of ModelViewer (and the SC release video), but I'm glad it's there to get hooked up later.

As far as the visor goes, partially-transparent textures layered with other partially-transparent textures (visor glass and canopy glass) have always looked a little odd to me, but usually under certain lighting conditions.

On the right, the image looks pretty normal, but on the left, the light kinda bleeds through or bends around the visor where it should be obscured by the glare off the canopy. It doesn't bother me that much, but I've never see it do something that could be described like Z-fighting except maybe when transitioning through a cloud layer (clouds are already kinda strange anyway, but we can see what happens once the new cloud render starts coming along).

Yeah, maybe z fighting isn't the correct term for it, but it's what you describe, the visor kinda looks like it's not hidden by the canopy reflection. I'm pretty sure it started after the last update, since I work a on some liveries and I've even modified the visor glass, so I'd definitely have noticed.

The vCVW-17 is looking for Hornet and Tomcat pilots and RIOs. Join the vCVW-17 Discord.

CVW-17_Profile_Background_VFA-34.png

F/A-18C, F-15E, AV-8B, F-16C, JF-17, A-10C/CII, M-2000C, F-14, AH-64D, BS2, UH-1H, P-51D, Sptifire, FC3
-
i9-13900K, 64GB @6400MHz RAM, 4090 Strix OC, Samsung 990 Pro