Super Carrier Template

Kayos

The problem with a template is, that you need to select every unit that you want to save. On the carrier there are sometimes units on top of each other , which makes it impossible to select all.

It can be done. Zoom in on the units. press (and keep pressed) Lshift+Lalt. Click on the superimposed units. A small window will open with the names of all units on that location. Click on those names to select the unit. In this way you can select all units on top of each other. Keep Lshift+Lalt pressed and work your way around the carrier.

here is a cool template (lots of deck crew and deck static planes) I made. (lots of details to be looked at)

it also include 4 clients hornet and 4 clients tomcats hot on ramp. I left the area in front of the tower empty so that it doesn't interfere with spawns

you will also have a tanker and an awacs taking off right at spawn.

frequencies and tacans are in the brief

(CVN-73 on 270, tacan 25X, ILS 17)

182131241_DigitalCombatSimulatorBlackSharkScreenshot2020_05.23-15_37_53_79.thumb.jpg.54c9392f71c9b88a2de23fa42d3d2511.jpg

1731686364_DigitalCombatSimulatorBlackSharkScreenshot2020_05.23-15_39_14_46.thumb.jpg.d91e09987786b51ed9cd97a5df02015f.jpg

439551667_DigitalCombatSimulatorBlackSharkScreenshot2020_05.23-15.40_05_56.thumb.jpg.49ae7ec2afa0aa2bb80baa1dc89ab649.jpg

template_supercarrier_MIS2.miz

[sIGPIC]https://forums.eagle.ru/signaturepics/sigpic70550_3.gif[/sIGPIC]

Asus Z390-H - SSD M.2 EVO 970 - Intel I9 @5.0ghz - 32gb DDR4 4000 - EVGA 3090 - Cougar FSSB + Virpil WRBRD + Hornet Stick - Thrustmaster TPR Pedal + WinWing MIP + Orion + TO and CO pannels - Track IR5

It can be done. Zoom in on the units. press (and keep pressed) Lshift+Lalt. Click on the superimposed units. A small window will open with the names of all units on that location. Click on those names to select the unit. In this way you can select all units on top of each other. Keep Lshift+Lalt pressed and work your way around the carrier.

I just tried that, and while I was able to select all units from my mission, it only saved the ships into the template. It did not save the static units on deck or the rescue helicopter I have flying nearby.

Starting to think this may not be possible. :unsure:

Screen_200523_100126.thumb.png.f148012fec00d76349d1271fb46a5234.png

PC: MSI X670E, Ryzen 9 7900X, 64GB DDR5 RAM, RTX 3090 Ti, TM Warthog HOTAS, Saitek Pro Flight pedals, Opentrack

Link to my Youtube Channel: https://www.youtube.com/c/DieselThunderAviation

Commander, 62nd Virtual Fighter Squadron

Join the 62nd VFS today! Link to our discord server: https://discord.gg/Z25BSKk84s

Patch_v1.2 small.jpg

Guys, is there a way to change the spawn point of your plane on the deck in SP? I'm just messing around with my own SC config in the editor and I'd like to specify exactly where on the deck I want to spawn... unlike an airfield you can't choose a particular stand. And solution to this 1st World problem?

Guys, is there a way to change the spawn point of your plane on the deck in SP? I'm just messing around with my own SC config in the editor and I'd like to specify exactly where on the deck I want to sapwn... unlike an airfield you'ce choose a particular stand. And solution to this 1st World problem?

I've noticed that as well, I start pretty much on the middle of the deck aft of cats 1 and 2. I usually takeoff from ramp cold. I don't think pre-defined parking spots have been implemented yet.

PC: MSI X670E, Ryzen 9 7900X, 64GB DDR5 RAM, RTX 3090 Ti, TM Warthog HOTAS, Saitek Pro Flight pedals, Opentrack

Link to my Youtube Channel: https://www.youtube.com/c/DieselThunderAviation

Commander, 62nd Virtual Fighter Squadron

Join the 62nd VFS today! Link to our discord server: https://discord.gg/Z25BSKk84s

Patch_v1.2 small.jpg

The only way I can figure out how to change the spawn location is by putting a static aircraft on your normal spawn location and keep adding planes on every new location until you are happy where you spawn, except by that point you've added about a billion extra polygons and dropped your fps down to 18...

here is a cool template (lots of deck crew and deck static planes) I made. (lots of details to be looked at)

it also include 4 clients hornet and 4 clients tomcats hot on ramp. I left the area in front of the tower empty so that it doesn't interfere with spawns

you will also have a tanker and an awacs taking off right at spawn.

frequencies and tacans are in the brief

(CVN-73 on 270, tacan 25X, ILS 17)

Huge thanks for putting that up, just tried it today. It’s a perfect carrier setup. Really looks the part.

Thankyou.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Fighter pilots make movies, Attack pilots make history, Helicopter pilots make heros.

:pilotfly: Corsair 570x Crystal Case, Intel 8700K O/clocked to 4.8ghz, 32GB Vengeance RGB Pro DDR4 3200 MHZ Ram, 2 x 1TB M2 drives, 2 x 4TB Hard Drives, Nvidia EVGA GTX 1080ti FTW, Maximus x Hero MB, H150i Cooler, 6 x Corsair LL120 RGB Fans And a bloody awful Pilot :doh:

Huge thanks for putting that up, just tried it today. It’s a perfect carrier setup. Really looks the part.

Thankyou.

thanks ! I did my best !

[sIGPIC]https://forums.eagle.ru/signaturepics/sigpic70550_3.gif[/sIGPIC]

Asus Z390-H - SSD M.2 EVO 970 - Intel I9 @5.0ghz - 32gb DDR4 4000 - EVGA 3090 - Cougar FSSB + Virpil WRBRD + Hornet Stick - Thrustmaster TPR Pedal + WinWing MIP + Orion + TO and CO pannels - Track IR5

I've noticed that as well, I start pretty much on the middle of the deck aft of cats 1 and 2. I usually takeoff from ramp cold. I don't think pre-defined parking spots have been implemented yet.

The only way I can figure out how to change the spawn location is by putting a static aircraft on your normal spawn location and keep adding planes on every new location until you are happy where you spawn, except by that point you've added about a billion extra polygons and dropped your fps down to 18...

I just found out that if you start your player flight one second after the others, this can determine where you start on the ramp. You have to pay attention to the parking diagram in the manual. It lets you know which order the flights are handled in the parking spot sequence. If I have a mission with 4 2-ship flights and I want to start on elevator 2, my flight's start time needs to be 1 second after the flight occupying spots 3 & 4. If I want to start on elevator 4, my flight's start time needs to be 1 second after the flights occupying spots 3-6. See attached test mission.

This post is helpful in determining which spots uses which catapult: https://forums.eagle.ru/showpost.php?p=4344957&postcount=8

SC_Ramp_Start_Test_CAUC.miz

Edited by pimp

i9 9900k @5.1GHz NZXT Kraken |Asus ROG Strix Z390 E-Gaming | Samsung NVMe m.2 970 Evo 1TB | LPX 64GB DDR4 3200MHz

EVGA RTX 3090 FTW3 Ultra | Reverb G1  | HOTAS Warthog | Saitek Flight Pedals

I could use the location of the INGAME Supercarrier missions given in the install. I could use these as a templet.

Never did a lot with mission editor until recently so can you tell me what a template is for and does?

Thanks

Never did a lot with mission editor until recently so can you tell me what a template is for and does?

Thanks

The mission editor uses the concept of template that allows you to save a group of units for later use. You can then add it to any mission file.

Unfortunately all units need to be in one group. So you cannot add static units and you cannot mix ships, planes or ground units.

What was meant as template in this context is however Something different. It uses a set of scripts that accomplish different things, add a group of static objects at a specific place or remove them. You are supposed to include these scripts to your mission and call the one that sites your mission. Don’t worry, it is not that difficult. Just watch the video..

Truly amazing work .

Edited by kunterbunt

My Rig: AMD Ryzen 9 3950X | 64GB DDR4-3200 Ram | NVIDIA GeForce RTX 2080 Ti | Thrustmaster Hotas Warthog | MFG Crosswind rudder pedals | HP Reverb

The mission editor uses the concept of template that allows you to save a group of units for later use. You can then add it to any mission file.

Unfortunately all units need to be in one group. So you cannot add static units and you cannot mix ships, planes or ground units.

What was meant as template in this context is however Something different. It uses a set of scripts that accomplish different things, add a group of static objects at a specific place or remove them. You are supposed to include these scripts to your mission and call the one that sites your mission. Don’t worry, it is not that difficult. Just watch the video..

Truly amazing work .

Thanks for the explanation

Hi all,

here are two of my deck configs i use for personal flights.

Both have a parking place after landing in the six pack.

One of the pics it´s from the old Stennis but i use the same config with Supercarrier.

On the Supercarrier pic (CVN-72) i have parking slot in position 1, i start in position 2, and if i want to start in one elevator i just change/delete the statics on position 3 or in other elevators, and then i will start from there.

Hope it´s useful for someone who wants to copy/create a deck config.

Best regards,

F.

Template.thumb.png.2a9cd12373ee5f7a4749c3e52a2c26b3.png

202078474_TemplateCVN-72.thumb.jpg.4e217b197fbe6e89d7e0c08eb516c4bc.jpg

- "Don't be John Wayne in the Break if you´re going to be Jerry Lewis on the Ball".

About carrier ops: "The younger pilots are still quite capable of holding their heads forward against the forces. The older ones have been doing this too long and know better; sore necks make for poor sleep.'

PC: I7 4790K 4.6ghz | 32GB RAM | Zotac GTX 1080Ti 11Gb DDR5x | Water cooler NZXT AIO Kraken x53 | 3.5TB (x4 SSD´s) | Valve Index| Andre´s JeatSeat.