X-52 trouble can you help

Ok i instaled my x-52 and also the SST software and drivers. Then i downloaded a profile from lockonfiles site, placed the profile in the saitek/sst program folder like it says to, then started my sst software, opened the profile and it was there, then i right clicked on the little joystick button on the bottom right of my computer and selected the correct profile. Then i started Lockon, cleared all input for view,flight,combat except i set my pitch, roll and rudder to my stick, then went to play and there was nothing, no profile controls or anything, the only thing that worked was my pitch, roll and rudder, but no profile at all. My joystick showed the profile was loaded in the throttle window with the lights but in game i had no profile what so evver, any ideas. Is that right, that i had to clear all the inputs under flight, combat and view? or should i leave it all at default.

First of all, it sounds like you're leaving the profile editor open when playing Lock On. You don't need to open this unless you're editing the profile.

To load your profile ready for flight, you just need to right click on the joystick icon in the system tray and select the profile.

You also say that you got the profile from Lockonfiles. You need to make sure that the key stroke configuration within the Lock On options matches those in the profile. For example, I have the air brake mapped to the large button on the thottle (in the centre of the rotary). In my Saitek profile, the button is mapped to the 'B' keystroke. In the Lock On options, the 'B' key is linked to the air brake command.

You need to look in the profile using the profile editor and see what buttons are mapped to which keystrokes, then update the Lock On options accordingly.

Otherwise, it might be best just to make your own joystick profile.

I hope that's clear and/or helps! :P

• Like 1

Ok still having a little problem, mate you say to check to match the keystrokes in the lockon options with those in the joystick profiler, should i match them under the keyboard or jpystick option in lockon? it has been a long time since i played and i forgot nearly everything, been a hard year for me. Any help would be great.

You have to make sure to match the KEYBOARD-layout to your stick-profile!

Controller button-settings should be clean within LOFCs options menu.

Because: Creating a profile for your game-controller means you make the stick buttons perform keyboard actions - i.e. Pressing "fire" on your stick will do the same like pressing "spacebar" on your keyboard.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Asus ROG STRIX Z390-F Gaming, Intel Core i7 9700k , 32gb Corsair DDR4-3200

Asus RTX 2070 super, Samsung 970 EVO Plus M2, Win10 64bit, Acer XZ321QU (WQHD)

TM HOTAS Warthog, SAITEK Rudder Pedals, TIR 5

• 2 weeks later...

New Siatek X-52 Pro questions

Okay, I broke down and bought a new X52 Pro. I do have to say that having a throttle again is a great feeling. :thumbup:

Now for the questions. Does LOMAC have a cfg file or some text file that it saves all the control input settings to ? Is there an X-52 basic 101 setup thread ? (trust me, if there isn't I am going to make one). Can someone post theirs if it does so I can get an idea of what I might assign to which button. At the moment I really have no idea what commands that I might assign to the wheels and extra sliders. Maybe I lack a certain amount of imagination.

I was going to ask if I needed to edit both the input panel and do the software profile editing, but it seems after reading a few posts that I do have to do that. Is that so ? Do I need to open the input screen and clear all the items as someone posted then edit the X52 profile only ?

Is there a way to adjust the stick ? It seems VERY loose and sloppy. Also as the stick approached the max limits of its travel it seems to "bump over" a detent (similar to a throttle detent at burners). Is this supposed to happen ? Is there an adjustment to remove that ? Can this be limited so as not to travel past that ? :dunno:

After I tested the combination, I thought that I did't immediately love the feel but I am sure that I will get used to it. The throttle feels great though. I had a Logitec Extreem Pro stick before and liked the feel of that so it will take some getting used to. However, on my first test flight with an A-10, I took off, pulled up and banked right. As I rolled out on departure I turned, then I began to yaw (sort of side sliping like a skier stopping), then the game (stick input ?) sorta locked up, and the side slip became permanent. I probably "slid" 8 miles before I finally ALT CONTROL DEL'd my way out. Is this an odd bug / problem with this stick combination or is this a regular happening ? Do I need updated drivers for this ? I downloaded the drivers off their site prior to flying using the setup pages instructions (or at least i think that is what the install program did). :joystick:

Thanks for the help guys. :helpsmilie:

Hoping to get on line in hyper lobby in the near future.

Havok

Mechanical engineers design weapons ... civil engineers design targets.

Let me know if you need any profiles for the pro. I have ones for the Sukhois and MiG, F-15, and the 25T.

As for the detent, there isn't any detent on the stick. The dual springs can be stiff at first, trust me you'll break them in. If you think the x52 pro is loose, you should try the regular x52 or a CH stick -- especially the CH stick. The pro has duel springs which to me gave a very nice feeling of resistance. My Fighterstick seems perfectly fine now, but at first it felt really weird having a stick with so little resistance.

• Like 1

X-52 trouble can you help

Thanks for the quick response guys.

Rattler, I was talking about the new stick, not the throttle having a weird "bump" in the travel out towards the max travel, but thanks for the help. The bushing is a good idea, one that I will keep in mind as I break it in. If after some time I am still thinking it bothers me, that is a great idea.

Thanks Red, the springs bending over must be that odd feeling, glad to know that they will break in ... in some time. Odd I used to have a CH setup, and I don't remember them being this loose, but it was some time ago and I am sure it is just being used to the logitek I upgraded from.

Could you send me a profile for your F-15 (or post it). I can use it as a base for my work and see what you did with yours. Specifically I am looking to create a good profile for an A-10. I was, am and probably always be a mud-mover. Thanks !

Havok

Sure, I'll set up a link when I get home from work. My F-15 profile definately has room for improvement since its basically just my Su/MiG profile with minor modifications.

P.S.

The Fighterstick isn't really "loose", it just hase very little resistance, I'm talking pure PSI needed to move it around. The x52 has two springs on a single gimbal which provide a significant amount of resistance the more you push it around.

Great - thanks.

Playing with the setup last night, I decided it wasn't really that loose, it just has a lot of travel from side to side and top to bottom. It is just "that much different" from my old setup.

Anyone have any idea if and where LOMAC writes it's user provided input changes to ? The info you give it that maps key inputs to commands ?

Great - thanks.

Playing with the setup last night, I decided it wasn't really that loose, it just has a lot of travel from side to side and top to bottom. It is just "that much different" from my old setup.

Anyone have any idea if and where LOMAC writes it's user provided input changes to ? The info you give it that maps key inputs to commands ?

I wish I could help but I'm not sure of the file off-hand. Keep in mind that most profiles you will find are assuming that you're using the default key config. The idea is that you keep the default and program the key strokes with your programming software.

I've only ever made one change. The PRF cycling in the Su/MiG by default is Alt-Windows Key. The Windows key is the bane of my existance and I wonder why anyone would make a default key map to it, so I changed it to one of the number pad's unused keys.

That's funny, as I can't tell you how many times, I have been just finishing a hard night of gaming, returning from a good sortie and about to land, or just checking my stats but having not saved a game in hours ... only to hit that damned key ... and find that I crashed, died, or got booted to desk top due to that damned key. :doh:

Thanks

Now for the questions. Does LOMAC have a cfg file or some text file that it saves all the control input settings to ? Is there an X-52 basic 101 setup thread ? (trust me, if there isn't I am going to make one). Can someone post theirs if it does so I can get an idea of what I might assign to which button. At the moment I really have no idea what commands that I might assign to the wheels and extra sliders. Maybe I lack a certain amount of imagination.

Yes, but you should use the SST to make a profile. The only thing you should use lockon\options\input for is axis assignment. Look.

http://www.freewebs.com/konkussion/flighthardwaresetuppage.htm

Hoping to get on line in hyper lobby in the near future.

Havok

Don't delay- the sooner you take the plunge, the better.

So do I set all the input choices to "default" settings and edit the settings in the SST software ?

I think I am seeing some conflicting info on several threads. If that is so I think that may be the problem that Emenance is having ... see his thread on page 4 of General Discussion - "Another x52 bites the dust"

No- to use SST for porfiling you need to delete ALL of the default BUTTON assignments in lomac- as I show you on that page. You only use the AXIS input menu in LOMAC.

Although not required- it's no time at all to clear off each axis and re map it real quick. I would bet money that:

the PITCH and ROLL axes were put in correctly

the THRUST is wrong- (check LEFT THRUST)

and the rudder is not assigned at all.

Don't try to blow through this @ mach 2. Slow down, read carefully, and you'll be fine as far as the initial setup goes. It's the actual creation & layout decisions of the profile that will have you pulling your hair out for a while.

I give some tips on how to keep things reasonably organized- I think I have a picture of my old X45 either on that page or on my help desk forum. DON'T download any of my X45 profiles- even though they use the "filename.dat" like the 52's do. It won't work. It's best to take your time. Get organized, come up with a plan on paper and then get busy. Accept the fact that your initial layout might suck, and changes might be needed.

EDIT: Is there some old pics on this page? (I can't see anything hosted by my website here at work, :P )

Start with thinking about common controls that are needed regardless of what you're doing..

Speedbrakes

Trim

PTT/ comms

Then- look at controls that are common to any combat mode

weapon select

cursor controls

chaff/ flare

jammers

Just sort it all out on paper using the key command list so you don't miss anything

I found that shared commands were easy to organize for A2A & A2G. Example:The HAT that controled my radar TDC, also controlled my Shkval & Maverick cameras.

It's when you get into what I called "NAV" mode (short for takeoff, landing, taxiing evolutions) This is where I found it harder to keep things similar & common- more memorization on my part was needed.

You should know that my preference was to not TOUCH the damned keyboard- so yes- I made things a bit harder on myself at first, but received dividends later on as I learned & tweaked.. You may or may not want the same things..

Good stuff there. THANKS for clearing that up for me. Needless to say, I was fairly confused.

Is the blank stick/throttle pic in the SSt software printable ? For planning purposes ?

I saw you had a pic on your site, but having the empty numbered lines would help as well.

Here are the profiles I used for the x52 pro:

http://rapidshare.com/files/90307768/Lockon_SST_Profiles.zip.html

You have a MiG-29/Su-27 or 33, a Su-25T, and a F-15C.

You can use these and hopefully they'll get you started on making your own. Take a look at them and you should figure out how to use the software. These were the first profiles I made, and they certainly have room for improvement.

You'll need the most recent SST software, the one that uses the pr0 file format.

Thanks Red and Kunkussion, You two are the best.

Between the F-15 and the SU-25T profiles I think I can cobble together something that will work for me. At the moment I have been 24 straight hours without a lockon fix ... I reloaded an old mod and it 'broke" something ... so I had to do a re-install last night. I went to work and then had to play Everquest with my wife ... she's a healer and needs me (meat tank) occasionally ... at least she can admit it.

Now it's late and I finished re-loading all my mods ... but I still have yet to get to setting up my stick properly. Thanks for the help, tomorrow comes early and I am hoping to get in a couple missions before i have to head out ... new training class for umpires. Season starts early this year !

Thanks again.

Havok