Kaspersky Internet Security problem with edCore.dll

Toastman

I don't think so. What do you want ED to do?

Sent from my ANE-LX1 using Tapatalk

See my reply here in another thread of the same problem.

https://forums.eagle.ru/showpost.php?p=4343816&postcount=18

Also, Kaspersky has been working for me for years without any problem. It is the first time in at least two years it reports me of an issue. This doesn't necessarily mean ED did something wrong, but certainly worth a check before we call it a "false alarm". We don't have visibility of the source code, so only ED can tell.

i9-9900K, G.Skill 3200 32GB RAM, AORUS Z390 Pro Wifi, Gigabyte Windforce RTX 2080 Ti, Samsung 960 Pro NVMe 512G + 860 Pro 1T, TM Warthog HOTAS, VKB T-Rudder, Samsung O+

F/A-18C, F-16C, A-10C, UH-1, AV-8B, F-14, JF-17, FC3, SA342 Gazelle, L-39, KA-50, CEII, Supercarrier Preordered. (Almost abandoned: CA - VR support please?)

PG, NTTR

So not running Kaspersky is the solution then, since this doesn't happen to me and I don't run Kaspersky at all.

That's like blaming ED for mods that "break" when ED updates their software, instead of telling the modders to keep up with ED instead.

You don't kill the barking dog who's trying to do its job and keep the quiet dogs, unless you want your house eventually left unguarded... Well, a mad dog that keeps on barking for no reason is a different story, but I don't think that is the case here.

Mods are entirely different thing as they live on DCS, while you don't want your system security to live on ED. Having said that, it is still of ED's interest to at least provide some best effort to allow a good ecosystem around ED/DCS. But that's another topic, so I'll stop here.

i9-9900K, G.Skill 3200 32GB RAM, AORUS Z390 Pro Wifi, Gigabyte Windforce RTX 2080 Ti, Samsung 960 Pro NVMe 512G + 860 Pro 1T, TM Warthog HOTAS, VKB T-Rudder, Samsung O+

F/A-18C, F-16C, A-10C, UH-1, AV-8B, F-14, JF-17, FC3, SA342 Gazelle, L-39, KA-50, CEII, Supercarrier Preordered. (Almost abandoned: CA - VR support please?)

PG, NTTR

You don't kill the barking dog who's trying to do its job and keep the quiet dogs, unless you want your house eventually left unguarded... Well, a mad dog that keeps on barking for no reason is a different story, but I don't think that is the case here.

Mods are entirely different thing as they live on DCS, while you don't want your system security to live on ED. Having said that, it is still of ED's interest to at least provide some best effort to allow a good ecosystem around ED/DCS. But that's another topic, so I'll stop here.

I've read your posts in the other thread and I think you nailed it. This crap's been going on for quite some time and I'm sure the devs know which part of code causes this.

Someone mentioned it was part of some sort of new 'protection' scheme a while back, if I remember correctly. Who knows what it does. Whatever it does was enough to trigger crapload of alerts.

it seems most people need to speak more with simple words so they will understand.

My dog bark once in 10 years. and yes i am suspicious now.

Because Bignewy said to me to provide the file to kaspersky to excluded. the problem is this. I don't have the file to send it because Kaspersky delete it imminently.

But.....I don't let anyone to get in my house. From time my PC is my house I am not intending to let everything open (to exclude this file to exclude this folder etc etc etc).

From the time ALL companies in Massive online games they have everything tide up. Yes it is their work to check that all files are clean and set up properly so any antivirus program not to start barking. each of your PC is your home. and of course. it is your business about what you want to do with your home. Just to inform you. these Massive online games are the visitors to your home. Do you let everyone in? even if he has virus?

Think about it.

http://104thphoenix.com/ "Failure Is Not An Option" - Online Combat Simulation Since 1997

www.youtube.com/user/AntonioGR201 www.twitch.tv/104th_Tiger www.facebook.com/TIGER.GR.Tiger/

Discord: 104th_Tiger#1883

I am in the same case as the companions.

My antivirus warns me that edCore.dll is a dangerous virus and removes it.

DCS does not work without this file and to get it to work I have to copy the edCore.dll file provided by a friend and it has worked for me as long as I disable my antivirus.

This is not to my liking as I leave my computer unprotected with the consequent danger that this implies.

I would like to know why ED does not solve this problem and checks what happens to this file instead of blaming the dog that guards the house.

"Original message in Spanish"

"Mensaje original en español"

Estoy en el mismo caso que los compañeros.

Mi antivirus me avisa de que edCore.dll es un virus peligroso y lo elimina.

DCS no funciona sin este archivo y para conseguir que me funcione tengo que copiar el archivo edCore.dll que me facilite un amigo y me ha funcionado siempre y cuando desactive mi antivirus.

Esto no es de mi agrado pues dejo sin protección mi ordenador con el consecuente peligro que esto supone.

Quisiera saber por que ED no soluciona este problema y comprueba que sucede con este archivo en lugar de echar las culpas al perro que guarda la casa.

Well, a mad dog that keeps on barking for no reason is a different story, but I don't think that is the case here.

"I used to love her, but I had to kill her. I used to love her but I had to kill her. She bitched so much she drove me nuts. And now I'm happier this way."

I don't bother locking my door as well.

I completely got your analogy. But you don't blame the builders of the house that this particular smoke detector goes off. My point wasn't that you report this and are worried. I get they. My rant didn't point to you at all. It was for those idiots getting their "torches and pitchforks out (new buzz expression on this forum I've noticed ), screaming kill kill!

I'm happy for you that you're happy for paying for you're solution. Whatever floats your boat.

I repeat, my initial response wasn't to you, but you picked up the relay stick.

Cheers!

If you dudes are so scared and worried. Why don't you protect yourselves by surfing and doing internet sandboxed VMs? Running games on your work computer? Run work in a totally protected snapshotted VM. It's beyond easy and totally free!

Yeah. You're somewhat correct. In my case I actually changed my sloke detectors for false positives all the time.

As after every update, some guys here comes along complaining about false positives. And some of you even pay for that shitty software. Why?

Yes, I would also expect that ED fixes it. I have been using Kaspersky products both at my home (personal edition) and at my work for almost 20 years (corporate edition). I have tried various other Antivirus/Anti-Malware/Firewall solutions during those years, but none came close to both efficiency and reliability of Kaspersky. Not only it is not a s.... software as you called it, but one of the best out there. But, let's set aside my personal experience. There are many reviews/comparisons by highly reputable sources to read.

I have noticed that someone said that Malwarebytes (which is top-notch AV/malware cleaning solution) also shows positives.

My all-around AV protection is always turned on. Right now, DCS folder and all DCS applications are excluded, and I'm not one bit happy about that. So, I expect software developer (ED in this case) to cooperate with AV software providers to prevent these issues, as many have been doing. Have no doubt that AV software providers do that all the time by either cooperating with software developers, their users or by studying their application's reports, if available.

If you dudes are so scared and worried. Why don't you protect yourselves by surfing and doing internet sandboxed VMs? Running games on your work computer? Run work in a totally protected snapshotted VM. It's beyond easy and totally free!

Hacking/intrusion attempts into personal PCs and networks are quite frequent.

• ED Team
Guys , good news ! DCS open beta now runs fine !

I removed the Kis2020 exception I had on edCore.dll on the off chance that it was updated in the latest OB update , ran the game and NO PROBLEMO's

:)

Good! Our method did help.

Thanks for the feedback!

Dmitry S. Baikov @ Eagle Dynamics

LockOn FC2 Soundtrack Remastered out NOW everywhere - https://band.link/LockOnFC2.