Kuznetsov

-Martin-

Hello. I would like to get the new Kuznetsov aircraft carrier, but I do not find the existing offer as a good deal. As I am not and never will be an owner of F/A-18 or F-14, I would be using little content of the carrier module while paying more than F/A-18 owners. This feels little bit like adding insult to injury. Not only the deck crew feature was not developed for the Kuznetsov carrier, to get at least the new model I need to pay for the deck crew and other features on Nimitz-class aircraft carriers that I will never see. Would it be therefore possible to sell the new Kuznetsov aircraft carrier separately at a lower price? This is not currently the case, see the quote below.

We will keep the exiting Kuznetsov aircraft carrier as a free version, but under a different name than the new one as part of the Supercarrier module. The new Kuznestov is an entirely new model with new geometry, textures, animations, and AI taxi behaviors. In single player, ownership of the Supercarrier module is required to use the new Kuznetsov and Arleigh Burke. In multiplayer though, they will be visible to all players and can be attacked and attacked by them. This will allow players that do not own the module to still join a server that includes the module. However, in order to takeoff or land on the Kuznetsov or Burke (helos) in multiplayer, ownership is required.
I have no problem paying for it, but just not under the current deal. To understand me better, imagine the situation was reversed. That the Kuznetsov aircraft carrier would have had all bells and whistles, and to get at least a new Nimitz-class aircraft carrier model you would need to pay for the whole package, even though you would never fly Su-33.
  • Like 3

I would have to agree with this, it has never made sense why the Kutz and AB are part of this. If this was DCS:Naval Assets, with much more to come fair enough. But its not...

Justy stick to it being the super carrier and add those two assests to the core, its not as if they are going to have any advanced features anytime soon.

• Like 1

I would love if the Kuz was with the crew and comms!

I use Hornet and Flanker D.

What's the problem? Is it the money or you just don't feel like their work is worth it?

• Like 2

Intel i7-13700KF :: ROG STRIX Z790-A GAMING WIFI D4 :: Corsair Vengeance LPX 64GB ::  MSI RTX 4080  Gaming X Trio  :: VKB Gunfighter MK.III MCG Ultimate :: VPC MongoosT-50 CM3 :: non-VR :: single player :: open beta

I can purchase one license today (few hours left of sale, non Steam only) as a gift for a person that would like the module and finds themselves in a financial struggle. Let me know via PM your ED shop user name / email.

Update:

Through the powers of this forum, another person is a happy owner of the Supercarrier module.

Order #971374 - enjoy mate.

Edited by Gierasimov
order completed

Intel i7-13700KF :: ROG STRIX Z790-A GAMING WIFI D4 :: Corsair Vengeance LPX 64GB ::  MSI RTX 4080  Gaming X Trio  :: VKB Gunfighter MK.III MCG Ultimate :: VPC MongoosT-50 CM3 :: non-VR :: single player :: open beta

What's the problem? Is it the money or you just don't feel like their work is worth it?

You are a kind person, but money is not a problem for me; perhaps because I try to purchase things wisely. And buying the whole carrier module just the get a new Kuznetsov model does not appear a wise purchase to me. Since it is obvious that the ED does not find developing full features for the Kuznetsov carrier cost effective, which would have indeed convinced me to purchase the whole package, I am suggesting that they sell the new Kuznetsov model separately.

...Since it is obvious that the ED does not find developing full features for the Kuznetsov carrier cost effective, which would have indeed convinced me to purchase the whole package, I am suggesting that they sell the new Kuznetsov model separately.

Have you taken a moment to contemplate that ED mat bring those features to the Russian carrier? I don't remember any discussion on it, though it makes sense that all of these features will eventually make their way to the Kutz.

Win 10 Pro 64Bit | 49" UWHD AOC 5120x1440p | AMD 5900x | 64Gb DDR4 | RX 6900XT

Good enough

You are a kind person, but money is not a problem for me; perhaps because I try to purchase things wisely. And buying the whole carrier module just the get a new Kuznetsov model does not appear a wise purchase to me. Since it is obvious that the ED does not find developing full features for the Kuznetsov carrier cost effective, which would have indeed convinced me to purchase the whole package, I am suggesting that they sell the new Kuznetsov model separately.

OK, thanks for answering. There is a person who would like to take my offer, so in that case, I will gift it to that person. Thanks!

I can purchase one license today (few hours left of sale, non Steam only) as a gift for a person that would like the module and finds themselves in a financial struggle. Let me know via PM your ED shop user name / email.

Update:

Through the powers of this forum, another person is a happy owner of the Supercarrier module.

You people from an undisclosed NATO country are nice guys. smilewink.gif

Some of the planes, but all of the maps!

Update:

Well done, I was thinking of doing the same.

Mizzy

It felt good

Thanks @Beirut and @Mizzy

First time I offered a gift to a DCS forums stranger. It felt good, I recommend doing that at least once in a lifetime!

The guy who received it seems to be happy makes this little effort even more pleasing.

i think with the SC theyre trying to get people into the kuznetsov. Theyre giving out the SU-33 free with it so they obviously want use from it?

I agree, the Kuznetsov should at the very least be offered separately as a paid module. Doing it like this feels like ED just doesn't care much about what red players do or don't do, making them pay for the whole Supercarrier package when they are only going to use a very minor fraction of it. Afaik it's not coming with any of the new toys that the Supercarrier brings to the table, which really makes me wonder why in the first place would ED lose their time updating a carrier that very few people uses already, putting the new model behind a pretty big paywall and then don't offer anything interesting with it. Seems like a great way of wasting your time. Those who have bought the Supercarrier probably don't care about the Kuznetsov, those who would buy the Kuznetsov probably don't care much about the Supercarrier. Making it this way you are just offering something "for free" to people that really doesn't care about it while giving pretty good reasons to those who actually care about it to not pay for the package either. It just seems a really, really bad move.

Pretty much tells me that red has become an afterthought for ED at this point. Which is sad, because having an actual red team is what makes DCS special for me. I could be flying another sim that would be just as awesome, but in that one I can't fly red planes. It's fine because those were never the purpose of it. However now in DCS red planes feel more and more abandoned, and making the red portion of the playerbase pay for things that are exclusive to the blue part just doesn't feel right. It's kind of a joke, in fact. Like, how much time would ED need to repackage the Kuznetsov individually and sell it by itself? 5 minutes? To potentially sell more?

I know this feels ranty and somewhat off-topic but I think this gives us a good view of how ED thinks now. They aren't even chasing the money, they are just ignoring a good chunk of their playerbase.

• Like 1

Main: MiG-21bis, because pocket rockets are fun

Si Vis Pacem, Para Bellum

I am very excited about the Kuznetsov. Truly hope they consider making it a full blown carrier in the future same as the Nimitz class.

My plan is when the Mariana Islands map releases is to have a sever up like "Capture the flag" but the Islands being the objective from a Blue vs Red Naval Ops. Blue CV in the Philippine Sea and the Red CV in the North Pacific Ocean.

Rack Rig: Rosewill RSV-L4000 | Koolance ERM-3K3UC | Xeon E5-1680 v2 @ 4.9ghz w/EK Monoblock | Asus Rampage IV Black Edition | 64GB 2133mhz | SLI TitanXP w/ EK Waterblocks | 2x Samsung 970 EVO Plus 1TB | Seasonic 1000w Titanium | Windows 10 Pro 64bit | TM Warthog HOTAS w/40cm Extension | MFG Crosswind Rudders | Obutto R3volution | HP Reverb

I look at it in reverse: now that we own both blue and red carriers, we can't be charged twice (hopefully) when the new Atc and grew-animation tech will be adopted for the Kuznetsov. It might take a long time, but it would be a total waste to not do this one day. So i have bought the SC module despite not owning the F/A-18 nor F-14 yet, simply to financially support the coresim "Life-things" like ATC, fluid crew, personell and infantry animations etc. I sure hope that that my financial support will help fund that core enhancement so we have better ATC at airports and eventually animated life there as well. We already know that the upcoming civilian flight sim has this in the works, so hopefully ED is encouraged to implement something similar. Develop that for the SC first, then roll that tech out to airports further down the road.

I've asked Bignewy about the Kuznetsov in the Discord: Kuznetsov is not planned to be released as an standalone module, and is also just a model update. That means no crew, no hangar/lifts, no nothing. He didn't say any "yet" or anything, so maybe that's final

• Like 1

Funny thing is, in the model viewer, the old Kuznetsov has animated elevators and a hangar...

EDIT: The new one has a pretty detailed hangar and animated lifts too

I'm going to hope for more stuff in the future though, even if it takes a while - the thing is it isn't full fidelity (on stable the Su-33 doesn't have it's AoA indexer repeater on the nose wheel modelled).

Edited by Northstar98
E

Modules I own: F-14A/B, Mi-24P, AV-8B N/A, AJS 37, F-5E-3, MiG-21bis, F-16CM, F/A-18C, Supercarrier, Mi-8MTV2, UH-1H, Mirage 2000C, FC3, MiG-15bis, Ka-50, A-10C (+ A-10C II), P-47D, P-51D, C-101, Yak-52, WWII Assets, CA, NS430, Hawk.

Terrains I own: South Atlantic, Syria, The Channel, SoH/PG, Marianas.

System:

GIGABYTE B650 AORUS ELITE AX, AMD Ryzen 5 7600, Corsair Vengeance DDR5-5200 32 GB, Western Digital Black SN850X 1 TB (DCS dedicated) & 2 TB NVMe SSDs, Corsair RM850X 850 W, NZXT H7 Flow, MSI G274CV.

Peripherals: VKB Gunfighter Mk.II w. MCG Pro, MFG Crosswind V3 Graphite, Logitech Extreme 3D Pro.

I've asked Bignewy about the Kuznetsov in the Discord: Kuznetsov is not planned to be released as an standalone module, and is also just a model update. That means no crew, no hangar/lifts, no nothing. He didn't say any "yet" or anything, so maybe that's final

Thank you for asking him. It is really sad then, but it is consistent with what has been stated in the FAQ thread. No further updates to the Kuznetsov carrier are currently planned. That shatters hopes of all those who previously wrote that additional updates might be coming to the Kuznetsov carrier, and perhaps bought it having that expectation.

The most striking thing is that those of us who were interested in Su-33 and bought it, while not being interested in western planes, would be paying 50/35 USD for just a new Kuznetsov model. It is such an obvious oversight from the ED that it could be perhaps explained only by what you have written previously, and I agree; we are just so a small fraction of the playerbase that we can be ignored.

Doing it like this feels like ED just doesn't care much about what red players do or don't do, making them pay for the whole Supercarrier package when they are only going to use a very minor fraction of it. [...] Those who have bought the Supercarrier probably don't care about the Kuznetsov, those who would buy the Kuznetsov probably don't care much about the Supercarrier. Making it this way you are just offering something "for free" to people that really doesn't care about it while giving pretty good reasons to those who actually care about it to not pay for the package either. It just seems a really, really bad move. Pretty much tells me that red has become an afterthought for ED at this point. Which is sad, because having an actual red team is what makes DCS special for me. [...] in DCS red planes feel more and more abandoned, and making the red portion of the playerbase pay for things that are exclusive to the blue part just doesn't feel right.
  • Like 1

When I bought the Supercarrier, I didn’t know it also had the Kuznetsov. I didn’t think that maybe I’d overpaid for SC (because I wasn’t in the market for the K, even though it was something that I would eventually buy). I was very happy with price!

Given that you do get both (even though you only want one), how much would you pay for the new K? Would it have been worth it to buy both when the sale was half off? Also, a number of YouTube creators had their own 10% off coupon which also worked on the half-off price...

Seeing the new K’s impressive firepower in several YouTube videos would have made it an immediate purchase for me!

Thank you for asking him. It is really sad then, but it is consistent with what has been stated in the FAQ thread. No further updates to the Kuznetsov carrier are currently planned. That shatters hopes of all those who previously wrote that additional updates might be coming to the Kuznetsov carrier, and perhaps bought it having that expectation.

The most striking thing is that those of us who were interested in Su-33 and bought it, while not being interested in western planes, would be paying 50/35 USD for just a new Kuznetsov model. It is such an obvious oversight from the ED that it could be perhaps explained only by what you have written previously, and I agree; we are just so a small fraction of the playerbase that we can be ignored.

I'm actually interested in the Hornet, and the Hornet+Supercarrier package is kind of a no-brainer. But I also love flying the Flanker, I started playing DCS with it. Even if I fly planes from both sides I feel more sympathy for the red side in the sim. Blue gets all the toys and when red gets something it feels mostly ignored by the community at large. It's sad, and seeing a company like Eagle Dynamics, who started making sims around the Flanker, of all planes, kind of ignoring the red side of their sim makes it even more sad. It's not just the lack of modern planes, there are very good reasons why they aren't making them. It's now also in the assets that have almost nothing to do with classified documentation. It's...disheartening. Really it feels like the Kuznetsov has been updated so that blue pilots get a nicer view of it through their TGPs...

• 2 years later...

I really want the Kuznetsov for Su-33 multiplayer operations but aren't willing to pay for Supercarrier. I asked again if they would consider selling the Kuznetsov separate and they refused. It's such a shame. They really don't care much for REDFOR players. Yak-38 for example is older than MiG-29A but they have no interest in the module. Oh well...

Edited by Baltic Dude

1 hour ago, Baltic Dude said:

really want the Kuznetsov for Su-33 multiplayer operations but aren't willing to pay for Supercarrier.

You can use the non-SC Kuznetsov, as it’s free.

• Like 1

For work: iMac mid-2010 of 27" - Core i7 870 - 6 GB DDR3 1333 MHz - ATI HD5670 - SSD 256 GB - HDD 2 TB - macOS High Sierra

For Gaming: 34" Monitor - Ryzen 3600X - 32 GB DDR4 2400 - nVidia GTX1070ti - SSD 1.25 TB - HDD 10 TB - Win10 Pro - TM HOTAS Cougar - Oculus Rift CV1

Mobile: iPad Pro 12.9" of 256 GB