DELETED

very cool. Look forward to it. You allow anyone to join you TS correct?

System Specs: 13900K, Strix Z790 Gaming E, MSI 4090 Sprim Liquid X  OC'd, 64gb Gskill Trident Z DDR5, Samsung 980 PRO M.2 SSD,. Winwing throttle, Winwing panels/MIPs and VKB GF3/MCGU stick, MFG Crosswind V2, HP REVERB G2.

Hi BMG, yeah our teamspeak is open to anyone to swing by and say hello.

Ha yes Dawgie this mission is based on the Al Bhundee universe.

Hi Eldur, the VR performance is great but of course the more objects you add in a mission the more your system is hindered. In this video I’m flying with 1.5 pixel density and fairly high settings in game. If I scale the graphics back a bit the frame rate goes up a lot. You just have to find a happy medium.

3PDpPy4h7L0

Hi guys, ED was kind enough to grant the virtual Stingers preview access. This video was created live from my POV and is a one take mission.

My settings were mostly high and flown in VR the performance is fantastic for me. You can from the video how smooth things are in MP / VR.

I grabbed a few shots from the track file just to add some clarity here and there.

SUPERCARRIER is an amazing module, we couldn’t be happier. Thank you for the incredible work you’ve done Eagle Dynamics.

Very nice video Jar....

You always produce fun and high quality video material....

Cannot wait for the next episode of your tale

🖥️ R7-5800X3D 64GB RTX-4090 LG-38GN950  🥽  Valve Index 🕹️ VPForce Rhino FFB, Virpil F-14 (VFX) Grip, Virpil Alpha Grip, Virpil CM3 Throttle + Control Panel 2, Winwing Orion (Skywalker) Pedals, Razer Tartarus V2 💺SpeedMaster Flight Seat, JetSeat

CVW-17_Profile_Background_VF-103.png

Great job, Jar. I was in the Constellation BG in '85 when the Stingers first flew the A model. VFA-113 and VFA-25; first deployment for the Hornet.

Always had a soft spot for the Stingers...and Perth was awesome as well...

Watching this video I have a doubt.

Is there no working IFOLS on the carrier port side anymore? Is it just the popup thing?

IFOLS is still there. Some people just have a hard time seeing the lights and ED has added a popup window - as an option.

Win 10 Pro 64Bit | 49" UWHD AOC 5120x1440p | AMD 5900x | 64Gb DDR4 | RX 6900XT

Watching this video I have a doubt.

Is there no working IFOLS on the carrier port side anymore? Is it just the popup thing?

Hello Haptor,

Yes there is a working IFOLS but as an example I love the overlay due to my Rift CV1 resolution, the CV1 screen door effect and my eyesight not being what is used to be when I was younger! I believe you will be able to move the overlay to a different location and disable if needed.

The pop up meatball is definitely going to help some pilots greatly but personally I will disable it and just use the Supercarrier mounted meatball. I can see it just fine in a Rift S at 0.6nm and I find the pop-up distracting.

YouTube videos don’t give you a good idea of what the ships ball looks like in game, I think it’s easier to see in game.

You can from the video how smooth things are in MP / VR.

Can I start to get excited and read this as VR performance has increased over current 2.5.6 OB?

System spec: Intel i9 13900KF @ stock,  Gigabyte GeForce RTX 4090 Gaming OC 24GB GDDR6X, Gigabyte Z690 UD DDR4, Corsair Vengeance RGB PRO SL 32GB (2 x 16GB) DDR4 3600MHz C18, Samsung 980 EVO 500 GB NVME M.2 SSD (system drive), Samsung 970 EVO 1 TB NVME M.2 SSD (games drive), Cooler Master ML360 Illusion CPU Cooler, Asus XG43UQ Monitor, Oculus Quest Pro, Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS, MFG Crosswind Rudder Pedals

Hi Hippo, DCS always advances greatly with updates and obviously increased graphic detail might mean an impact on frame rates. As ED continues to update with further patches they always do a fantastic job of refining and improving performance.

I have a 2080ti / Rift S combo and I find I can run SUPERCARRIER just fine at high levels of graphics options. What you’re seeing in the video is real time great graphics and smooth frames in Virtual Reality, all in multiplayer while connected to ‘Junks’ client PC (not a dedicated server) which is on the other side of the planet to me.

Look at how smooth the other aircraft are to my view, no warping, deck sliding or stutters. It’s amazing.

If I ever do find my frame rates drop off after an update I just dial back a couple graphics settings until it’s smooth again.

The constant battle of performance vs visual quality has been waging for decades. I’d rather have a great looking flight sim that pushes my hardware to its limits than a lesser sim that ran maxed out easily on my system.

JAR,

How did you get that view from inside the bubble between cats 1 & 2?

Thanks!!!

i9 9900k @5.1GHz NZXT Kraken |Asus ROG Strix Z390 E-Gaming | Samsung NVMe m.2 970 Evo 1TB | LPX 64GB DDR4 3200MHz

EVGA RTX 3090 FTW3 Ultra | Reverb G1  | HOTAS Warthog | Saitek Flight Pedals