HP Reverb for DCS NON STEAM (Standalone)

leo2510

Hi

Yes, another post about the Reverb :music_whistling:

I ordered the HP reverb 2 days ago and can't wait to receive it

But in the meantime a question popped in my head

Can we use a WMR without steam VR as I use dcs standalone ?

I couldn't find any proper tutorial on how to setup the reverb especially for dcs....

Thanks for your answers

Leo

As the previous contributors have said. I have WMR home starting on windows startup. Then i start steam and click on steam VR. The steam window can be closed as steam vr will remain open. Then on the desktop I just double click the DCS icon and put on the HMD.

You can also create a shortcut for SteamVR. I have one on the taskbar.

AMD 5800X3D · MSI 4080 · Asus ROG Strix B550 Gaming  · HP Reverb Pro · 1Tb M.2 NVMe, 32Gb Corsair Vengence 3600MHz DDR4 · Windows 11 · Thrustmaster TPR Pedals · VIRPIL T-50CM3 Base, Alpha Prime R. VIRPIL VPC Rotor TCS Base. JetSeat

OK cool thanks for your answers,

I was scared I'd need DCS steam version...

Also is it easy to switch from VR to flat screen(e.g. for mission editor) ?

Does closing steamVR just make it ?

I usually edit the missions in VR (clarity is not an issue with the Reverb), bit you can always start DCS in non VR mode via SkateZilla`s DCS Updater GUI / Launcher Utility.

https://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=160053

Yes an option ingame to switch between 2d and VR would be nice for mission editor. But it works quite well in VR. Sometimes for small adjustments I just use the mirrored image on the monitor. I only put my HMD on when I enter the plane.

VIC-20@1.108 MHz, onboard GPU, 5KB RAM, μυωπία goggles, Competition Pro HOTAS

Yeah i use Skatezilla's GUI daily . Very easy to switch vr/pancake . I close the utility as soon as i see the "logging in" screen so no overhead .

Got succesive updates to Steam VR (for a WW2 sim i fly) and it broke mouse and window focus . Got tired of their cr*p and downloaded Open Composite . Much better ! Bug-free and smoother . Uninstalled Steam and Steam vr .

Dunno if it works for WMR or not...

9700k @ stock , Aorus Pro Z390 wifi , 32gb 3200 mhz CL16 , 1tb EVO 970 , MSI RX 6800XT Gaming X TRIO , Seasonic Prime 850w Gold , Coolermaster H500m , Noctua NH-D15S , CH Pro throttle and T50CM2/WarBrD base on Foxxmounts , CH pedals , Reverb G2v2

Hi

Yes, another post about the Reverb :music_whistling:

I ordered the HP reverb 2 days ago and can't wait to receive it

But in the meantime a question popped in my head

Can we use a WMR without steam VR as I use dcs standalone ?

I couldn't find any proper tutorial on how to setup the reverb especially for dcs....

Thanks for your answers

Leo

Hi leo, you only need the WMR software and the steamVR, this is a software that you need to download from steam. You on need to double click the Dcs icon and the rest (WMR and SteamVR only) is executed automatically, you don’t need the steam DCS.

Dream Commodore 64C, 1530 datasette, 1541 floppy disk drive, DCS cartridge, competition pro joystick, 14” Tv with VCR.

Arturo "Chaco" Gonzalez Thomas