VR nose pointer vs mouse pointer

Hello lads, hope everybody's fine. I would like to know if its possible to deactivate that blue nose cursor pointer that appears when you move the mouse inside the 3d cockpit while flying in VR. I find that very disturbing and would like to have only the yellow mouse pointer effectively deactivating the blue nose pointer.

Cheers

Banned by cunts.

apache01.png

That's the opposite of what they are asking.

Use mouse ticked gives you the double mouse, unticked only the "nose" mouse.

Win11 Pro 64-bit, Ryzen 5800X3D, Corsair H115i, Gigabyte X570S UD, EVGA 3080Ti XC3 Ultra 12GB, 64 GB DDR4 G.Skill 3600. Monitors: LG 27GL850-B27 2560x1440 + Samsung SyncMaster 2443 1920x1200, HOTAS: Warthog with Virpil WarBRD base, MFG Crosswind combat pedals, TrackIR4, Rift-S.

Personal Wish List: A6 Intruder, Vietnam theater, decent ATC module, better VR performance!

Like when you press Escape and mouse tracking works but VR pointer stops.

It is not possible. Live with it for now.

Either that or perhaps a way to activate and control the clicks of the nose cursor using the HOTAS without the mouse.

This, you can just disable mouse tracking from VR tab of settings like Draco said. And map a left and right mouse button to your HOTAS through your HOTAS programming. But I find this to be more annoying because I have to point exactly at a button with center of my head. With the mouse + nose pointer, I just have to keep my head still as long as the button is in the view and use the mouse to the side or below or whatever.

Edited by Taz1004

Double mouse? I'm not sure what you're talking about. When I click "Use mouse" I have a single mouse controlled cursor that disappears after a few seconds of inactivity. Or are you talking about how the cursor changes shape when you mouse over a usable switch?

Double mouse? I'm not sure what you're talking about. When I click "Use mouse" I have a single mouse controlled cursor that disappears after a few seconds of inactivity. Or are you talking about how the cursor changes shape when you mouse over a usable switch?

When you use the "Use mouse" option, the pointer moves when you move your mouse. On top of it, pointer follows your head movement. Double mouse "Effect"

In the menus, pointer does not move with the head. This is what people want. And it's not possible.

Edited by Taz1004

Exactly. The problem with double mouse is that whenever you need to click anything in the cockpit, if you move the headset ever so slightly, the cursor will deviate from where your mouse is pointing and will follow where your nose is going to.

Banned by cunts.

apache01.png

I'm sure everyone who uses DCS VR sees the problem. I really am not sure why it's difficult to implement either. Just detach the pointer from the HMD. My guess is that they're trying to keep both option which would be more challenging.

For now, if I need to stick my head down the IP and click stuff, I rest my chin on my hand with elbow on the armrest so the head stays still.