So still no news about AG radar,SLAM,and new FLIR function?

flankerjun

• Replies 106
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

From what Wags said, I would presume that it's good enough to be released -- BUT -- if sometime between now and release they discover that it interacts badly with something else that's being added/changed when they put everything together it might not get included. They've had that before where a serious bug pops up at the last second and means something isn't included. If BN says it's in the patch today and it doesn't make it then some freak out that it was "promised" and they didn't get it. It's a no win situation for ED.

But there in lines the problem, if you are still testing at the 11th hour then it shouldn't be released. I'm not talking run of the mill testing, I mean major game breaking bug testing should not still be going on the 11th hour, you would think that probably should be done before the 72 hr before release. You beg for trouble if that's the way you want to do it. Stuff will slip through, I mean that is what OB is for right? At this point those features should be wrapped up sitting in line to leave the floor. If it ain't ready to do that, be open and honest and push it to the next patch, nothing wrong with that.

Yap, absolutely. It was promised to come with the next patch, which was promised by the end of April(!). So now it's 48 hours from the next patch and ED can't tell us if it's in or not? Come on!

Have to agree 1000% This saving info until the last possible second has gotten old. These features were supposed to come in APRIL. We're almost in June at this point and for some reason ED still thinks its a good idea to play mum with supposedly less than 48hrs from said patch that is supposed to have these features. They are either going to be in the patch or not. This 11th hour nonsense needs to stop.

https://i.pinimg.com/originals/ea/64/58/ea6458e2d324aa68f5ac76922536c033.jpg

"Straighten up and fly right"

But there in lines the problem, if you are still testing at the 11th hour then it shouldn't be released. I'm not talking run of the mill testing, I mean major game breaking bug testing should not still be going on the 11th hour, you would think that probably should be done before the 72 hr before release. You beg for trouble if that's the way you want to do it. Stuff will slip through, I mean that is what OB is for right? At this point those features should be wrapped up sitting in line to leave the floor. If it ain't ready to do that, be open and honest and push it to the next patch, nothing wrong with that.

Yup, and its an increasingly bad pattern of the 11th hour testing. The Supercarrier got pulled a few days before release because the weekend test didn't go well. I mean a patch with new features is one thing, but not knowing 3 days before if your new product works just seems like a bad policy to me.

New hotness: I7 9700k 4.8ghz, 32gb ddr4, 2080ti, :joystick: TM Warthog. TrackIR, HP Reverb (formermly CV1)

Old-N-busted: i7 4720HQ ~3.5GHZ, +32GB DDR3 + Nvidia GTX980m (4GB VRAM) :joystick: TM Warthog. TrackIR, Rift CV1 (yes really).

Forget all that. Just get the AIM120 back on track. right now its a complete mess on MP. fix ONE thing before moving to another.

All missiles are currently a mess in MP. I have a great track of an SD 10 dodging a target and then formation flying with it till it runs out of E. I don't even want to talk about the phoenix...

New hotness: I7 9700k 4.8ghz, 32gb ddr4, 2080ti, :joystick: TM Warthog. TrackIR, HP Reverb (formermly CV1)

Old-N-busted: i7 4720HQ ~3.5GHZ, +32GB DDR3 + Nvidia GTX980m (4GB VRAM) :joystick: TM Warthog. TrackIR, Rift CV1 (yes really).

All missiles are currently a mess in MP. I have a great track of an SD 10 dodging a target and then formation flying with it till it runs out of E. I don't even want to talk about the phoenix...

Agreed. But right now the TWS bug is only an F18 bug. SD10 and Phoenix need complete rework, but since they come from 3rd party, I'm skeptical about when that could happen.

Besides the game breaking bugs, the F18 needs to get 120 fixed. I'd settle for that and wait another month to get any upgrades else for it.

Agreed. But right now the TWS bug is only an F18 bug. SD10 and Phoenix need complete rework, but since they come from 3rd party, I'm skeptical about when that could happen.

Besides the game breaking bugs, the F18 needs to get 120 fixed. I'd settle for that and wait another month to get any upgrades else for it.

Yeah, the TWS bug is specific to the F-18 and honestly, it's pretty annoying being effectively unable to use TWS. I'm not even talking about engaging multiple targets, just keeping other bandits tracked, for example. Off topic, but the existing MSI decrease SA even further.

The vCVW-17 is looking for Hornet and Tomcat pilots and RIOs. Join the vCVW-17 Discord.

CVW-17_Profile_Background_VFA-34.png

F/A-18C, F-15E, AV-8B, F-16C, JF-17, A-10C/CII, M-2000C, F-14, AH-64D, BS2, UH-1H, P-51D, Sptifire, FC3
-
i9-13900K, 64GB @6400MHz RAM, 4090 Strix OC, Samsung 990 Pro

What’s the tws bug? I’ve had my tws locking targets while I was weight on wheels, is it related to that?

No they are referring, I think, to mid-course guidance. Missiles make abrupt energy draining maneuvers as soon as they go pitbull.

Another thing that REALLY irritates me is: the ASE, the steering dot, and NIRD are all incorrect. Essentially none of the HUD targeting cues reflect the situation your in.

DCS F/A-18C :sorcerer:

Yes, yes, yes....

Lot of things was promised in 2018, and 2008, and....

Now just relax. That is exactly the attitude that why ED doesn't want to tell anything as some people think everything is a promise...

i7-8700k, 32GB 2666Mhz DDR4, 2x 2080S SLI 8GB, Oculus Rift S.

i7-8700k, 16GB 2666Mhz DDR4, 1080Ti 11GB, 27" 4K, 65" HDR 4K.

There's a reason those are called missiles after all... icon_idea.gif

Well I'd be glad to see the features that were planned for the end of April (as in OP + F-16 Mavs) on When'sday, but if they didn't make it in the end... the reasons could be vast. I can imagine that ED concentrated forces to address the performance issues since those definately would be totally unbearable in the long term. Same goes for the SC - they want to get this thing out to us the most. I mean, we've also been "promised" to get the Jug this month. Since she wouldn't hit tomorrow, the realistic guesses vary in between "shortly thereafter" as in Flyday, or next When'sday or again at the end of that very week. And I'd just think the same regarding the noted features. A week more or less wouldn't make a big difference after all. And TBH, getting a decent performance of all of DCS back finally is worth a lot more than any new feature. If you won't get your A/G radar, TGP completion, 84E or 65s on the 16, well, that is. Just have fun with the SC instead or anything else that's in DCS already. But if we'd still be stuck at 20fps or less, well, we could fly other sims that shall not be named instead icon_question.gif

dcsdashie-hb-ed.jpg

1. Completion of the Litening Targeting Pod (to be delivered with next update)

2. Dynamic launch zone, AUTO mode for JDAM (to be delivered with next update)

3. AG radar. MAP + Fixed Target Track (FTT) (to be delivered with next update)

4. SLAM air-to-surface missile (to be delivered in next update)

"to be delivered in next update" means to me clearly, that this feature has been already implemented and will become available with the next OB update. After 20th May we will know wether I was right or not. Let yourself be surprised and don't ask permanently if an already announced feature will be released or not ;)
Edited by AstonMartinDBS

[Modules] A-10C, A-10C II, AH-64D, F-14A/B, F-16C, F/A-18C, FC3, Ka-50, P-51D, UH-1H, CA, SC
[Maps] PG, NTTR, Normandy, Sinai, Syria, TC

[OS] Windows 11 Pro
[PC] MSI Pro Z790-A, i9-13900K, 64 GB DDR5-5200, RTX 4090 24 GB GDDR6X, 2 x SSD 990 PRO 2 TB (M.2), Corsair 5000D Airflow, HX1500i, H150i RGB Elite, Acer X28, TM HOTAS Warthog (Grip@WarBRD Base), MS SW FFB2, Thrustmaster TFRP, TrackIR 5 & TrackClip Pro
[Checklists] A-10C, F-16C, F/A-18C, AH-64D, Ka-50, UH-1H

"to be delivered in next update" means to me clearly, that this feature has been already implemented and will become available with the next OB update. After 20th May we will know wether I was right or not. Let yourself be surprised and don't ask permanently if an already announced feature will be released or not ;)

None of those features are coming tomorrow, if there is even a patch tomorrow. Kate just posted an update and literally nothing she mentioned back in April is ready yet. Now estimating those for a "June patch" :lol: ....

https://i.pinimg.com/originals/ea/64/58/ea6458e2d324aa68f5ac76922536c033.jpg

"Straighten up and fly right"

Now estimating those for a "June patch" :lol: ....

2020?

Devils Canyon i7 4790K @ 4.9GHz |16gb DDR3 | MSI GeForce GTX 1080Ti | Samsung 860 EVO

Thrustmaster Warthog | Virpil WarBRD | Virpil TM-50CM2 Grip | VKB-Sim T-Rudder Mk.IV | Acer X34A (21:9) | Oculus Rift S

A-10C | AJS-37 | AV-8B | C-101 | F/A-18C | F-14A/B | F-5E | KA-50 | L-39 | M-2000C | SA342 | Spitfire LF Mk IX | UH-1H

2020?
A good question... I just tried to understand the style, how ED communicates with the (paying) community, but I failed obviously :(

How should we understand this prase...?

Update for Litening Targeting Pod and Dynamic launch zone and AUTO mode for JDAM will be delivered as expected.

Litening Targeting Pod will not include updates for LTD/R and LST (laser), automatic laser illumination, OFFSET cursor and AA mods. The features will be delivered with update for June 3rd.

[...]will be delivered as expected (remember: expected was the "Completion of the Litening Targeting Pod"), but without five features...:megalol:
Edited by AstonMartinDBS

[Modules] A-10C, A-10C II, AH-64D, F-14A/B, F-16C, F/A-18C, FC3, Ka-50, P-51D, UH-1H, CA, SC

[OS] Windows 11 Pro
[PC] MSI Pro Z790-A, i9-13900K, 64 GB DDR5-5200, RTX 4090 24 GB GDDR6X, 2 x SSD 990 PRO 2 TB (M.2), Corsair 5000D Airflow, HX1500i, H150i RGB Elite, Acer X28, TM HOTAS Warthog (Grip@WarBRD Base), MS SW FFB2, Thrustmaster TFRP, TrackIR 5 & TrackClip Pro

Thanks for the update and for keeping us in the loop.

+1 :thumbup:

Intel i7-12700K @ 8x5GHz+4x3.8GHz + 32 GB DDR5 RAM + Nvidia Geforce RTX 2080 (8 GB VRAM) + M.2 SSD + Windows 10 64Bit

DCS Panavia Tornado (IDS) really needs to be a thing!

Tornado3 small.jpg

Not gonna lie, they don't help themselves with the wording of some of these posts. The update is appreciated for sure though.
Hopefully they have at least fixed some bugs in the core when they don't bring new features for the Hornet. But I suspect, all energy went into the SC

[OS] Windows 11 Pro

A good question... I just tried to understand the style, how ED communicates with the (paying) community, but I failed obviously :(

How should we understand this prase...?

[...]will be delivered as expected (remember: expected was the "Completion of the Litening Targeting Pod"), but without five features...:megalol:

Haha. It will be delivered as expected.... like everything DCS. Late, incomplete, and probably buggy A F

Lots of disappointments in the last couple of months. This is getting ridiculous, but I will say that the fallout from adapting to a work from home lifestyle has an effect on things as well.

Intel i5-9600K @ 3.7GHz

Gigabyte Z370XP SLI Mobo

G.SKILL Ripjaws V Series 32GB (2 x 16GB) 288-Pin DDR4

GIGABYTE GeForce RTX 2070 8GB 256-Bit GDDR6(Assume the latest driver version)

Thermaltake Water 3.0 Certified Liquid Cooling System

Windows 10 Professional

Oculus Rift-S /TrackIR 5 in case VR dies

Thrustmaster HOTAS Warthog w/ Thrustmaster T-Flight Rudder Pedals