DCS: Supercarrier First Impressions & First Missions by Spudknocker

Eldur

Just had this in my notifications:

Edit: Works now, initial post in spoiler:

Won't embed because the Tube has issues at the moment and won't even let me see Spud's uploaded videos from his channel unless I have a direct link to it. May edit this later when it works, here's it in a spoiler though:

Edit 2: New vid added:

Edit 3: He just made it private... dunno why, but I'll leave it in here so it will work as soon as he opens it up again.

Edit 4: Another one that I haven't been notified for:

Edit 5: Here's the one that was removed:

Edited by Eldur

dcsdashie-hb-ed.jpg

Several good videos on YouTube today about the super carrier module, can't wait, next week!

i7-7700K 4.20Ghz | GeForce GTX 1080Ti DUKE | ASUS Maximus IX Hero Z270 | Samsung 960 | Corsair CPU Cooler | G.SKILL 32GB | Oculus VR Rift | Saitek PRO Pedals & TM HOTAS Warthog Throttle & Joystick |

Very nice video! Thanks!

However, I'm more than a little concerned with the IFLOLS not being visible, to the degree you need an artificial IFLOLS overlay. I want immersion above all, since I fly in VR. An artificial overlay like that seems very immersion breaking. Is the "real" IFLOLS usable at all?

Very nice video! Thanks!

However, I'm more than a little concerned with the IFLOLS not being visible, to the degree you need an artificial IFLOLS overlay. I want immersion above all, since I fly in VR. An artificial overlay like that seems very immersion breaking. Is the "real" IFLOLS usable at all?

The talk about the option to disable it.

Also talking about immersion. In VR the poential of the eyes are so much bad that you will never pass the medicine check to come to the military at all.

Very nice video! Thanks!

I recently saw either Nineline or Bignewey posting about a visibility issue with the IFLOS on SC and it's being fixed for the 20th. Hopefully this fix will eliminate the need to use it unless requested.

I'll try to find the post in a few hours for you

F-14 | F/A-18C | F-16C | AJS-37 | M-2000C | A-10C | UH-1H | F-5E | P-51 | Bf 109

Nevada | Persian Gulf | Normandy | Supercarrier

YouTube | Steam | Discord: JayBird#4400

i7-7700K | GTX 980 | 32gb RAM | 500gb SSD | 2TB HDD| Track IR | TM Warthog HOTAS | Logitech Pro Pedals

I recently saw either Nineline or Bignewey posting about a visibility issue with the IFLOS on SC and it's being fixed for the 20th. Hopefully this fix will eliminate the need to use it unless requested.

I'll try to find the post in a few hours for you

Newy was kind enough to answer a PM of mine and confirmed that the IFLOLS is working as of now and it is planned to be ready for the 20th, but stated that they will know more closer to release day.

F/A-18C | F-16C | JF-17 | F-14 | FC3 | AV-8B | AJS-37 | F-5E | M-2000C | Mig 15bis | C-101 | F-86 | A-10C | P-51D | Fw 190 A-8 | Christen Eagle II | Bf 109 K-4 |

Ryzen 5 2600 | MSI RTX 2070 Super | ASROCK B450m Pro | 16GB G.SKill Ripjaws 3200 DDR4 | 500GB WD Blue Internal SSD | 1TB Samsung Evo 860 SSD | Logitech X56 HOTAS | PSEYE Track IR | Delan Clip | :joystick:

Great to know. I'm not even sure, but I think when I last did a CV landing (was in 255, I fly less since 256), I could even see the ball in the CV1 without zooming, although it was hard. Got the Quest now as well though, I'll try to see if it's better there. Should be, as the res is much higher with 1440x1600 vs 1024x1200, but you'll have to take the image compression into consideration as well. In a quick test it worked quite well via VD even with the router sitting in the next room and I had absolutely no problems playing HL:A in the living room (which was the main reason for me to get that thing as I can't play 360° roomscale in the room my rig is in) for over 2 hours. Had the impression the image was better than in the CV1 as well. I also think I could read the F-16 HUD and MFCDs better and spot things a little easier in the quick freeflight mission. So I expect to be able to see the ball more easily as well dealwithit.png

dcsdashie-hb-ed.jpg

• ED Team

the team are tweaking the ball visibility, hopefully that will be in for the 20th, if not it wont be long after.

I am using a vive cosmos and not having problems seeing it once I am 3/4 mile.

thanks

smallCATPILOT.PNG.04bbece1b27ff1b2c193b174ec410fc0.PNG

Forum rules - DCS Crashing? Try this first - Cleanup and Repair - Discord BIGNEWY#8703 - Youtube - Patch Status

Windows 11, NVIDIA MSI RTX 3090, Intel® i9-10900K 3.70GHz, 5.30GHz Turbo, Corsair Hydro Series H150i Pro, 64GB DDR @3200, ASUS ROG Strix Z490-F Gaming, HP Reverb G2

They will be Rikus. They are planning to add them in early access.

Steve

PC: ASROCK Z370 Gaming K6 | Intel i7 8700K | GeForce 2080TI | 32GB GeSkill 3200 RAM | GeForce 2080TI | 500GB Samsung 850 EVO M.2 | 1TB Samsung 860 EVO M.2

FLIGHT STUFF: Rift S | Warthog Base | Virpil Base | Hornet Grip | A-10 Grip | Cougar Grip | Virpil F-14 Grip | Cougar MFD's | A-10C UFC | Saitek Flight Panels | MFG Crosswind Rudder Pedals

A new video is up:

Edit: Shoot, he just made it private... I'll leave it in here though.

the team are tweaking the ball visibility, hopefully that will be in for the 20th, if not it wont be long after.

I am using a vive cosmos and not having problems seeing it once I am 3/4 mile.

thanks

Well, you've got 1700 pixels vertical resolution there which is amazing. Only the Reverb and Pimax HMDs are providing a sharper image I guess.

Edit 2: Found another vid I didn't get a notification for, cheeky Google:

Edit 3: Here's the one that was removed:

Edited by Eldur

dcsdashie-hb-ed.jpg

Nice find on the Kuz video. :) I've been wanting to see it put through it's paces. Spudknocker didn't have that drop in his Su-33 that we've seen from the AI, so it's not a flight thing at least.

"These are NOT 1 to 1 replicas of the real aircraft, there are countless compromises made on each of them" - Senior ED Member

Modules - Damn near all of them (no Christian Eagle or Yak)

System - i7-12700K, 64Gig DDR4 3200 RAM, RTX-3080, 3 32" monitors at 5760 x 1080, default settings of High (minor tweaks)