AN/APG-63 range is under-represented

It isn't a bug.  Bugs are software operating in a manner that is not intended.  A piece of incorrect data is not a bug, it is incorrect data.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Reminder: SAM = Speed Bump :D

I used to play flight sims like you, but then I took a slammer to the knee - Yoda

It's behaving exactly as the developer intended, thus not a bug.  We're asking for a data correction, not a change of code.

• Like 1

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

I used to play flight sims like you, but then I took a slammer to the knee - Yoda

39 minutes ago, =4c=Nikola said:

I don't see what's the big deal. F-15 radar works just fine. 

depends on your definition of "fine". If fine = useable sure its fine. But by that logic the AMRAAMs lacking INS is "fine" because its useable. Or the broken F-18 TWS AUTO is "fine" because TWS MAN is still useable. Or the F-16 underperforming in BFM is "fine" because its still useable. The list goes on. The point is, the fact that is "works fine" doesnt really matter. If its underperforming 30+% in detection range, it absolutely should be fixed. And its not an insignificant difference either.

• Like 6

Eagle Enthusiast, Fresco Fan. Patiently waiting for the F-15E. Clicky F-15C when?

HP Z400 Workstation

Intel Xeon W3680 (i7-980X) OC'd to 4.0 GHz, EVGA GTX 1060 6GB SSC Gaming, 24 GB DDR3 RAM, 500GB Crucial MX500 SSD. Thrustmaster T16000M FCS HOTAS, DIY opentrack head-tracking. I upload DCS videos here https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC0-7L3Z5nJ-QUX5M7Dh1pGg

9 hours ago, dundun92 said:

depends on your definition of "fine". If fine = useable sure its fine. But by that logic the AMRAAMs lacking INS is "fine" because its useable. Or the broken F-18 TWS AUTO is "fine" because TWS MAN is still useable. Or the F-16 underperforming in BFM is "fine" because its still useable. The list goes on. The point is, the fact that is "works fine" doesnt really matter. If its underperforming 30+% in detection range, it absolutely should be fixed. And its not an insignificant difference either.

Not just usable, FC3 F-15C as a package is among most powerful aircraft in the game.  

As someone said above, it is not a bug. Whole radar is simplified. Modes and functions are missing. It is what it is for 15USD.

Do not expect fairness.

The times of chivalry and fair competition are long gone.

Yep, it's not a bug but it is wrong, the detection ranges are shorter than they ought to be by a very significant margin.

• Like 2

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

20 minutes ago, GGTharos said:

Yep, it's not a bug but it is wrong, the detection ranges are shorter than they ought to be by a very significant margin.

Well, RWR is all wrong, radar modes are wrong, ECM is wrong, startup is wrong... where to stop?

There are issues with F-15 like losing navigation after selecting a flight without switching to spectators first. Radar is just fine. I fly F-15C since first lock on - the radar is not a limiting factor for successful engagement.

Do not expect fairness.

I don't know what and why you're trying to argue.  This is a matter of literally changing a single number in one LUA file.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

1 hour ago, =4c=Nikola said:

Not just usable, FC3 F-15C as a package is among most powerful aircraft in the game.  

As someone said above, it is not a bug. Whole radar is simplified. Modes and functions are missing. It is what it is for 15USD.

The F-15 isn't particularly strong. The only advantage it really has is above average number of AMRAAM carried. Its weak radar is compounded by a lack of datalink, and personally I find it less fun to have a radar that barely sees beyond missile range. It doesn't feel like a BVR fighter, right now the F-16 feels like a better representation of the F-15.

• Thanks 3

Awaiting: DCS F-15C

Win 10 i5-9600KF 4.6 GHz 64 GB RAM RTX2080Ti 11GB -- Win 7 64 i5-6600K 3.6 GHz 32 GB RAM GTX970 4GB -- A-10C, F-5E, Su-27, F-15C, F-14B, F-16C missions in User Files

25 minutes ago, GGTharos said:

I don't know what and why you're trying to argue.  This is a matter of literally changing a single number in one LUA file.

Don't get me wrong, I fly F-15C almost exclusively in DCS, and I would like to fly full DCS F-15C more than anything they have in production right now.

That being said, I understand they do not want to invest time and money to fine tune FC3 modules. They do not even want to invest time and money to fix real bugs in FC3.

It's probably one line in some lua file to disable ecm warm-up time, yet they will not do it.

20 minutes ago, Exorcet said:

The F-15 isn't particularly strong. The only advantage it really has is above average number of AMRAAM carried. Its weak radar is compounded by a lack of datalink, and personally I find it less fun to have a radar that barely sees beyond missile range. It doesn't feel like a BVR fighter, right now the F-16 feels like a better representation of the F-15.

It has performance advantage, it has missiles advantage, it has RWR datalink, it has like million CMs, it has fuel to the moon and back... It's easily the most capable A2A platform in the game together with Su-27 family.

Edited by =4c=Nikola

Do not expect fairness.

7 minutes ago, =4c=Nikola said:

It has performance advantage, it has missiles advantage, it has RWR datalink, it has like million CMs, it has fuel to the moon and back... It's easily the most capable A2A platform in the game together with Su-27 family.

yeah I mean who needs situational awareness? other than the horsepower advantage everything you just said was inaccurate

I've seen or heard so many pilots of other platforms IRL mention that they're "glad it's on our side" with regard to the F-15 due in no small part to the fact that it can be mach 2 at 45000 feet casting down long-range thunderbolts like zeus on mount olympus...  in game the eagle's limited onboard radar and lack of a datalink (any kind) means you can be mach 2 at 45k feet if you want but zeus may as well be blindfolded

34 minutes ago, =4c=Nikola said:

Just build one in your head. It's not that hard and it's great brain excercise.

I've got enough of exercise trying to comprehend what are you trying to accomplish here. Are you simply against these radar performance corrections?

🖥️ Win10  i7-10700KF  32GB  RTX3060   🥽 Rift S   🕹️ T16000M  TWCS  TFRP   ✈️ FC3  F-14A/B  F-15E   ⚙️ CA   🚢 SC   🌐 NTTR  PG  Syria

56 minutes ago, =4c=Nikola said:

I don't have turn rates, but looking at other data, it's not really ahead of the rest of the teen series:

image.png

The F-14B and F-16 tend to perform better or at worst on par, and F-16 even outranges the F-15 unless you load up 3 tanks. The Eagle beats out the Hornet speed wise, but that's more because the Hornet is slow. Detectability isn't too bad, but it's not great either.

29 minutes ago, =4c=Nikola said:

Just build one in your head. It's not that hard and it's great brain excercise.

In a sim you shouldn't have to if the plane can do it for you though.

• Thanks 1

Awaiting: DCS F-15C

Win 10 i5-9600KF 4.6 GHz 64 GB RAM RTX2080Ti 11GB -- Win 7 64 i5-6600K 3.6 GHz 32 GB RAM GTX970 4GB -- A-10C, F-5E, Su-27, F-15C, F-14B, F-16C missions in User Files

All pilots build SA in their head, the datalink makes it a lot easier and gives timely updated compared to other methods.  So it isn't about the 'sim doing it for you' but about correctly simulating the capabilities.

In DCS the AWACS for example is not really good at providing SA, which while not a real replacement for a datalink would add a lot of SA if done right.

• Like 2

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

2 hours ago, Exorcet said:

I don't have turn rates, but looking at other data, it's not really ahead of the rest of the teen series:

We can disagree, but I would always take F-15's 6 minutes more and 5k ft more at 350kts over F-16. I would always take F-15's M2.1+ at 40k ft over F-16's M1.6-1.7. All of that with more CMs and two more missiles.

2 hours ago, GGTharos said:

All pilots build SA in their head, the datalink makes it a lot easier and gives timely updated compared to other methods.  So it isn't about the 'sim doing it for you' but about correctly simulating the capabilities.

In DCS the AWACS for example is not really good at providing SA, which while not a real replacement for a datalink would add a lot of SA if done right.

All RL pilots build SA in their head, but in DCS as soon as data-link is not available, most people are lost in space and time.

And as I've already said, FC3 F-15 RWR kind of serves like primitive datalink.

Edited by =4c=Nikola

Do not expect fairness.

3 hours ago, Exorcet said:

image.png

The F-14B and F-16 tend to perform better or at worst on par, and F-16 even outranges the F-15 unless you load up 3 tanks. The Eagle beats out the Hornet speed wise, but that's more because the Hornet is slow. Detectability isn't too bad, but it's not great either.

In a sim you shouldn't have to if the plane can do it for you though.

Thanks for linking this chart I was already really dubious about RCS values in DCS as being not accurate i've been debating making a post on it:

Spoiler

new_bitmap_image.jpg

gh.png

av-8b-radar-scattering.png

f-15.png

• Like 1

On 4/10/2021 at 4:48 PM, henshao said:

certainly, the unrealistically low RCS figures of the various aircraft above aren't helping matters

Can anyone confirm that these RCS figures are taken into account for FC3 aircraft?

I have been told that fighters/helos are basically all the same to the FC3 radars and large aircraft are another - i.e. it's binary. But that's only a rumour I heard so I don't know for sure.

2 hours ago, SgtPappy said:

Can anyone confirm that these RCS figures are taken into account for FC3 aircraft?

There is a difference between different RCSs in DCS FC3, ive tested this, and its been tested by others

• Thanks 1

Eagle Enthusiast, Fresco Fan. Patiently waiting for the F-15E. Clicky F-15C when?

HP Z400 Workstation

Intel Xeon W3680 (i7-980X) OC'd to 4.0 GHz, EVGA GTX 1060 6GB SSC Gaming, 24 GB DDR3 RAM, 500GB Crucial MX500 SSD. Thrustmaster T16000M FCS HOTAS, DIY opentrack head-tracking. I upload DCS videos here https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC0-7L3Z5nJ-QUX5M7Dh1pGg

8 hours ago, TotenDead said:

So, it's been almost a year since the "data" was sent to Chizh. Was it counted as unreliable? Because MiG-29s radar will be fixed and F-15s seems to be left as it is

Exactly how long has it taken for ED to do a CFD for the R-27ER? Yea, I think you very well know that this is simply how ED operates; the MiG-29 radar bug was reported for just at long and it still hasnt been fixed. So yea, no, just stop trolling honestly.

HP Z400 Workstation