Warthog throttle button mixup

Badger1815

Hello,

Did anyone ever have problems with their Warthog throttle's buttons?

I have several hotas buttons that seems to be triggered just by moving the throttle. Eg speed brakes only extend & retract when moving all the way up, into afterburner.

Same with the comms button.

I don't know if i've explaining it right, as it renders the throttle buttons almost unusable...

Best regards

Badger

I have a problem with the apu start switch, trigger's comms menu. This did not happen until after, if I remember correctly the second 2.5.6 update, and it is still a problem.

Intel core I9 10900K 3.7 ghz

Asrock Z490 Extreme4

G-SKill Ripjaws V 32GB

Cooler Master 120m

GTX 980 Superclocked

Corsair AX850w psu

Samsung 1 T M.2 2 X 850 ssd's

Sony 48 in HD TV

Trackir 5

Hotas Warthog F/A-18C Hornet Grip

Logitech Pro Peddles

Windows 10 64

You have to open the base to examine the state of some of the wires that are close or in touch with the throttle levers, if they (or just one) are pinched it's not always easy to find, if the isolation of the wires is worn (because of rubbing against the levers) it's easier to detect and repair. But then that depends on the tools you have and the skills to do it.

Win11 Pro 64-bit, Ryzen 5800X3D, Corsair H115i, Gigabyte X570S UD, EVGA 3080Ti XC3 Ultra 12GB, 64 GB DDR4 G.Skill 3600. Monitors: LG 27GL850-B27 2560x1440 + Samsung SyncMaster 2443 1920x1200, HOTAS: Warthog with Virpil WarBRD base, MFG Crosswind combat pedals, TrackIR4, Rift-S.

Personal Wish List: A6 Intruder, Vietnam theater, decent ATC module, better VR performance!

Hey all,

I've opened the base & the left grip to inspect the wires. None were visible damaged, i guess is the one with the 7 rainbow colored strands that caused the issue.

I've disonnected it & pulled it along in both directions (base to grip & grip to base) and the buttons seem to be fine again :dunno:

Could be helpfull to try for anyone else having this problem. Not sure what it did exactly though...

Thx

• 4 weeks later...

I have this problem, the bindings change for no reason when the throttle is at different positions, i will have a look at the cable's to see if anything is going on there but the bindings change to the same set of bindings every time it happens so i doubt that a pinched cable would be responsible for that