SUNTSAG - Lockdown Mods/Liveries Collection (New and Revised)

SUNTSAG

Hi Suntsag,

Yes, it is a modification of my original texture. I would not post anything before comparing it with my map, it was easy for me to recognize as I also invested plenty of time for this texture. Take a look at it yourself if you are up to it.

https://www.digitalcombatsimulator.com/en/files/3301720/

Thanks for not getting angry with my post... My intentions are not hostile :]

Best

• Like 1

Tacan Mod provides you with a functioning TACAN you can place anywhere on any map. First you must make the following amendment to a core sim file (using notepad++) that will allow you to place an aircraft starting on the ground. If you are not confident doing this I would recommend not proceeding any further. The file can be found here:

Program Files/Eagle Dynamics/DCS World OpenBeta2.5/MissionEditor/modules/me_route.lua

Keep a copy of the original just in case you make a mistake. It should look like this when you are finished:

attachment.php?attachmentid=235510&stc=1&d=1589297624

Once extracted simply place the folder in C: Saved Games/Mods/aircraft

Download TACAN TTS3030 Mod:

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1lt-yc51bmW_3OUgviqMHOZziDfm-oSkQ/view?usp=sharing

UPDATE: now works correctly at night. Fresh link above

Hi Sunts!

Does the TACAN Mod (modified lua - starting from Ground) work again? After the big update it has caused crashes.

cheers

Hi Aureliuz,

It has been and still is working for me without any issues at all. So long as you update the file following each update there should not be an issue.

I know some people may think they can get away with simply copying the entire .lua file and pasting it back after the update and this is where potential issues will creep in. Cheers.

Callsign: NAKED

My YouTube Channel

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Hi Aureliuz,

It has been and still is working for me without any issues at all. So long as you update the file following each update there should not be an issue.

I know some people may think they can get away with simply copying the entire .lua file and pasting it back after the update and this is where potential issues will creep in. Cheers.

Hi Sunts!

Thx for your clearing - it works, everything is fine! (Now I know, that I always have to re-edit the original .lua after every big - core code changing - upate) :book:

:thumbup:

• 3 weeks later...
I have two mat mods for you that will allow rearming and refuelling in a field location or indeed additions to an airfield for more parking slots. They now have improved placement but they are by no means perfect. One contains modern AM2 mats and the other WWII Marston type mat, as well as tents and camo netting etc etc.

Once extracted simply place the folder in C: Saved Games/Mods/tech

Whilst both can be stored in your Saved Games Folder together, I would recommend only storing the one you want to use predominantly and move the other to a safe location so you can swap and change to suit the era in which you wish to fly. Alternatively you could set them up for use via JSGME/OvGME and activate the mod for the era accordingly.

WWII (Revised) Marston Mat Mod:

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1U3hJW5d0HpJxX_nTBpazhA9a_gIcjXu5/view?usp=sharing

Modern (Revised) AM2 Mat Mod:

https://drive.google.com/file/d/17wEvaWw8rDWoFWPFO1YORVs1Le5Z63Ak/view?usp=sharing

Hi SUNTSAG, I set up a roadside FARP using the AM2. It works fine, but I have a couple of questions and an issue.

I'm operating Harriers from the X1_AM2_Mat NGUR, but the X1_AM2_Mat GR, and R&R_Marsden_MatSUNTSAG look to be identical. What do the initials mean, and what are their differences?

Setting the frequency seems to work for allowing radio communications with the FARP, but the callsign does not appear in the ATC menu, only "..." and when you select "..." it used your BORT number instead of your own callsign to talk to you.

Is this known? Any idea what the issue is?

When you hit the wrong button on take-off

hwl7xqL.gif

System Specs.

Spoiler
System board: MSI X670E ACE Memory: 64GB DDR5-6000 G.Skill Ripjaw System disk: Crucial P5 M.2 2TB
CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 7800X3D PSU: Corsair HX1200 PSU Monitor: ASUS MG279Q, 27"
CPU cooling: Noctua NH-D15S Graphics card: MSI RTX 3090Ti SuprimX VR: Oculus Rift CV1

Hi SUNTSAG, I set up a roadside FARP using the AM2. It works fine, but I have a couple of questions and an issue.

I'm operating Harriers from the X1_AM2_Mat NGUR, but the X1_AM2_Mat GR, and R&R_Marsden_MatSUNTSAG look to be identical. What do the initials mean, and what are their differences?

Setting the frequency seems to work for allowing radio communications with the FARP, but the callsign does not appear in the ATC menu, only "..." and when you select "..." it used your BORT number instead of your own callsign to talk to you.

Is this known? Any idea what the issue is?

Hi Captain Orso,

to explain the naming criteria:

I used. NGUR=No Ground Units Required. Which essentially means you do not have to place FARP vehicle units close by for all the usual functions to work.

GR=Ground Required. Which means it behaves as per a standard DCS FARP and the relevant ground units will be required for all the functions to work.

As for the ATC elements I believe ED are working on this as a whole. I have noticed sometimes that the FARP ATC name has appeared as the nearest town location, to the placed FARP. So class this as a current Work In Progess scenario. Cheers.

Callsign: NAKED

My YouTube Channel

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Hi SUNTSAG, thanks for the reply.

And the R&R tiles server only cocktails? :D

On my test mission the next town is a couple km distant, so probably too far away to pick up a name. The DCS FARPs use a list of major cities like London and Paris, etc.

It's such a shame that ED doesn't make AM2 mats to standard structures. I would so love to see these included in MP missions, like Hoggit's At War servers, for use with Harriers and Grippens. Would be awesome.

hwl7xqL.gif

System Specs.

Spoiler
System board: MSI X670E ACE Memory: 64GB DDR5-6000 G.Skill Ripjaw System disk: Crucial P5 M.2 2TB
CPU cooling: Noctua NH-D15S Graphics card: MSI RTX 3090Ti SuprimX VR: Oculus Rift CV1

Hi SUNTAG,

Thanks for these great mods. I was pointed to them by a gent on a DCS Harrier page. I’ve downloaded and managed to create a rudimentary FARP using your AM2 pack. Forgive my ignorance but what’s the main differences between that and the WW2 Marsden pack? You state it’s best not to have them both installed, what issues does this bring?

Thanks in advance.

Best Regards,

Chaders.

• 3 weeks later...

Hi Suntsag,

Love the work you are doing. Quick question and forgive me if this has been answered already. I am using the AM2MAT and when placing the static non farp version I am getting this weird clipping effect. I checked the terrain for the location and everything is level.

Any thoughts?

Thanks

Screen_200814_081109.thumb.jpg.79718e91fdbd9ed676275da2eff26347.jpg

Is that one piece? I've never seen the long mats clipping underground, but I have seen them riding up into the air.

The problem is, the ground has to be sooooo flat that you cannot measure it by eyeball. I've had a long mat riding up above the ground about 2 feet on a piece of ground I could swear was absolutely level.

If the long mat is about 600 feet and one end is 2 feet in the air, that's 0.3% variation on the ground, and that's the basic problem with the mats. All that I know of that you can do is just try different pieces of ground and hope to find the right place.

hwl7xqL.gif

System Specs.

Spoiler

Hi Sunstag.. I guess its iposible to make a Regular Airplane Spawn point, rigth?

Is it that is locked into the SDK and Aifields and its imposible to ad the property to a static object?

Bummer because even thow Its easy to change the lines in teh ME ini, you have to doit again with every update AND does not pass the Integrity Check...

I Really wish ED would give us a generic spawn point to palce anywhere on teh ground like teh FARPs for helos and harriers....

ED GRANTED US THIS!!!! YAY!!!!! (SPAWN CLINT PLANES ON GROUND!!!)

Edited by Baco

Great mods Suntsag, thank you for sharing them.

I found a great static ship model today by Mithandra - the "Alligator 1171 Class Saratov Helipad Version" https://www.digitalcombatsimulator.com/en/files/2542583/ and at the same time came across your AM2 Mats mod. Was thinking it would be nice if the ship helipad could be used as a FARP when a lightbulb went on in my head.

Tested this and it works great - Place the ship in shallowish water and place one of your small AM2 mats right under the helipad. Hey presto, instant Alligator FARP ship - perfect for rivers, lakes and coastal waters. It will work as long as the water depth doesn't exceed the service radius of the AM2 mat, not sure what that is.

Pretty cool that it works though so I thought I'd share that tip here.

EDIT: I see you and Mithandra already worked on the FV107 Scimitar so maybe you should get together again and attach your FARP code to his ship so it could work as a standalone? That would allow it to be used in deeper water and be a standalone badass FARP ship. Just a suggestion...

EDIT2: Sincerest apologies, I feel like such an arse! I didn't see the Alligator in the ships list initially and thought it was simply a static model. Just found it in the ships list and realise it is already a badass standalone FARP ship. Sorry for my dumbassness :(

I did notice however that you can't do the copy and paste trick any more to get it into a river or lake, so my trick with the AM2 mat is still a good one as it allows you to put a static Alligator Ship in those places and FARP enable it. Only thing is you can't spawn aircraft on it like that.

Edited by Hunter_5E

• 2 months later...
  • 3 months later...

Hello Suntsag,

thank you for your awesome work on the mission editor in DCS World. Unfortnunately I would like to use this mod but cannot make it work. I included the required lines in the lua file and executed the setup as described in the video within my mission. The mission is located on the Nevada map and I chose as frequency 99X with the designation TGT. In mission the TACAN is not emitting. My FA18C does not pick up anything in the area using 99X in AIR mode. Has the mod been broken by DCS or is there a trick or restriction I am not aware of. I would appreciate any advice on the matter. Thank you very much for providing the DCS community with such valuable assets.

• 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 9 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
On 5/12/2020 at 4:27 PM, SUNTSAG said:

Aircraft Mat Mods - Modern and WWII

I have two mat mods for you that will allow rearming and refuelling in a field location or indeed additions to an airfield for more parking slots. They now have improved placement but they are by no means perfect. One contains modern AM2 mats and the other WWII Marston type mat, as well as tents and camo netting etc etc.

Once extracted simply place the folder in 😄 Saved Games/Mods/tech

Whilst both can be stored in your Saved Games Folder together, I would recommend only storing the one you want to use predominantly and move the other to a safe location so you can swap and change to suit the era in which you wish to fly. Alternatively you could set them up for use via JSGME/OvGME and activate the mod for the era accordingly.

WWII (Revised) Marston Mat Mod:

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1U3hJW5d0HpJxX_nTBpazhA9a_gIcjXu5/view?usp=sharing

Modern (Revised) AM2 Mat Mod:

https://drive.google.com/file/d/17wEvaWw8rDWoFWPFO1YORVs1Le5Z63Ak/view?usp=sharing

Hi SUNTSAG

I am trying to use your Modern AM2 mat mod from  the link provided above but it no longer appears to be working. Has it been removed or withdrawn?

Thanks!

Rig: MSI Mag X570 Tomahawk| AMD 5600 | 32 GB DDR3 | M2 NVME Gen4 1TB SSD | Samsung EVo 850 2TB, 500 & 256 GB SSD | Gigabyte AORUS GTX 1080Ti | Samsung 24" (1920x1200) |

2 x Iiyama 22" T2250MTS touch screen (1920x1080) | 2 x 6.4" LCD | Cougar MFDs | Thrustmaster Warthog | CH Pro Pedals | Windows 10

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

• 3 weeks later...
Am 9.4.2022 um 18:09 schrieb nebuluski:

Hi SUNTSAG

I am trying to use your Modern AM2 mat mod from  the link provided above but it no longer appears to be working. Has it been removed or withdrawn?

Thanks!

Same Issue over here, I would assume @SUNTSAGwould need to update the links.

• 2 months later...
On 4/29/2022 at 9:02 PM, CreepyLP said:

Same Issue over here, I would assume @SUNTSAGwould need to update the links.

1 hour ago, Eisprinzessin said:

Download Links not working any more?

Hello,

I hope @SUNTSAG won't mind, but here is a link to this Mod as stored on my Mod Collection, it's in OvGME format, but can be extracted manually if desired:

https://1drv.ms/u/s!Ai6cuX3YQI26iPReLkwfH58F9du8Pg?e=cG9DMt

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

For work: iMac mid-2010 of 27" - Core i7 870 - 6 GB DDR3 1333 MHz - ATI HD5670 - SSD 256 GB - HDD 2 TB - macOS High Sierra

For Gaming: 34" Monitor - Ryzen 3600X - 32 GB DDR4 2400 - nVidia GTX1070ti - SSD 1.25 TB - HDD 10 TB - Win10 Pro - TM HOTAS Cougar - Oculus Rift CV1

Mobile: iPad Pro 12.9" of 256 GB

Thanks, but it is still not working (speaking for Creek)

I have Nato and Virpil installed, but when launching the mission or showing hided units on mission editor the game crashes.

Specs:
12th Gen Intel(R) Core(TM) i9-12900K   3.20 GHz,  RAM 128 GB, Win11 Home, RTX3080Ti