Mission 1 First task trigger not working?

Gunnar81

Hi guys, I posted this in the bugs section but no reply. Is there anyone that could test this for me to confirm? In the current open beta I can't seem to get the minister to get in the chopper trigger to come on? I land in the center of the Apache's, C-130 and crowd and even idle down the engines but nothing? I'm thinking there should be nothing else to this unless I am missing something.:music_whistling:

Limited help but I just flew this mission in the stable release and while it took a few seconds to trigger it worked fine. I landed off the C130's 1o'clock.

I have flown two missions with this campaign and the most obvious thing is triggers don't seem to fire straight off. Make sure to give them a couple of seconds.

Limited help but I just flew this mission in the stable release and while it took a few seconds to trigger it worked fine. I landed off the C130's 1o'clock.

I have flown two missions with this campaign and the most obvious thing is triggers don't seem to fire straight off. Make sure to give them a couple of seconds.

Thanks for checking into it for me John. It must be an open beta issue, good to know it works in stable tho! Maybe with tomorrow's OB update the issue will be fixed :thumbup:

Similar experience here. I’m running stable release, not OB. Landed in the “square”, didn’t receive a trigger. Then landed all around the C130 (using a loose definition of “next” to) before finding a play through video. Turned out that one has to sit idling for quite a few seconds before the trigger activates. I just came out of the UN campaign, which is much faster and sets my expectations. Just sit there, he’ll come. Then berate you for being late.

Currently wondering how many times I need to fly around the port...

Hi, the triggers were checking if your engines were on idle and it was ok so far.

This must changed during a recent update forcing you to wait more.

Will try to find a workaround as this can break several triggers in the next missions as well.

Best

Greg

"ARGO" DCS UH-1H DLC SP Campaign

373vFS DCS World squadron (Greece) - www.buddyspike.net

"ARGO 2.0 Project Phoenix" UH-1H DLC Campaign - WIP

I just checked and it worked after 3-4 secs.

You need to land "inside" the crowd that is waiting for your arrival and then put the engines on idle. Could you please check if your engines go back to full idle? Maybe it's a HOTAS thing or so.

In case it's still not working for you please let me know to check other possible reasons.

Best,

Greg

I just checked and it worked after 3-4 secs.

You need to land "inside" the crowd that is waiting for your arrival and then put the engines on idle. Could you please check if your engines go back to full idle? Maybe it's a HOTAS thing or so.

In case it's still not working for you please let me know to check other possible reasons.

Best,

Greg

Ok thanks for the info I'll give it a try.

Ok thanks for the info I'll give it a try.

I tried it again parking inside the crowd area and setting the throttle to idle and waited over 5 minutes and nothing happened. I am pretty sure I have the engine idling with it turned down all the way before using the stop switch to shut it off. Anyways, not sure if this is me doing something wrong or the misson.

Thanks, it should need +5 seconds. I guess it's the parameters that are not working on your setup for some reason. Did you have the collective on the full down position too (try using num- too to be sure)?

Thanks again

Greg

Thanks, it should need +5 seconds. I guess it's the parameters that are not working on your setup for some reason. Did you have the collective on the full down position too (try using num- too to be sure)?

Thanks again

Greg

Got it to work, here were my parameters for anyone else having issues. I have to land within the center of the apache's and crowd, but as close to the airport terminal building as was safe. I was also facing out towards the sea. The trigger worked within 5 seconds of me having the chopper like that. I am now onto Mission 3, so far great campaign, really enjoying it!:thumbup:

• 1 month later...