Gen Tie Control Cover Not working

Gladman

Is this not a switch? No function when attempting to program in game. All other switches working.

i9 9900K @ 5.1Ghz - ASUS Maximus Hero XI - 32GB 4266 DDR4 RAM - ASUS RTX 2080Ti - 1 TB NVME - NZXT Kraken 62 Watercooling System - Thrustmaster Warthog Hotas (Virpil Base) - MFG Crosswind Pedals - Pimax 5K+

VFA-25 Fist Of The Fleet

Mine is the same, I am guessing it is not wired up as a switch.

Intel i7 13700K @ 5.3 GHz / ASUS TUF Gaming Z490-Plus / 64 Gb G.Skill DDR4-3600 / RTX 4090 / 2TB Kingston KC3000 NVME / Win 10 x64 Pro / Pimax Crystal / WINWING F/A-18 HOTAS

A-10C, AJS-37, AV-8B, F-4E, F-5E, F-14, F-15E, F-16, F/A-18C, F-86F, FC3, Christen Eagle 2, FW190D-9, Mosquito, P-47D, P-51D, Spitfire, AH-64D, KA-50, UH-1H

Combined Arms, WWII Asset Pack, China Assets Pack, Super Carrier, Falklands Assets

Nevada, Normandy, Persian Gulf, The Channel, Syria, Mariana Islands, South Atlantic, Sinai

Hello all,

Do you mean the switch itself? or the switch cover?

Websit:http://WWW.WINWING.CN

FULL METAL F/A-18 HOTAS MANUFACTURER

(Include F18 Joystick/Throttle/Grip/Panels)

FACEBOOK GROUP:https://www.facebook.com/groups/HOTAS/

OFFICIAL FACEBOOK :https://www.facebook.com/winwing.cn/

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

The switch cover.

Because the cover is not recognised as a switch, it means that if you try and throw the gen tie switch it does not get picked up in DCS because the sim thinks the cover is still closed.

So you have to click on the cover with the mouse to lift it before you can flip the physical switch.

Intel i7 13700K @ 5.3 GHz / ASUS TUF Gaming Z490-Plus / 64 Gb G.Skill DDR4-3600 / RTX 4090 / 2TB Kingston KC3000 NVME / Win 10 x64 Pro / Pimax Crystal / WINWING F/A-18 HOTAS

A-10C, AJS-37, AV-8B, F-4E, F-5E, F-14, F-15E, F-16, F/A-18C, F-86F, FC3, Christen Eagle 2, FW190D-9, Mosquito, P-47D, P-51D, Spitfire, AH-64D, KA-50, UH-1H

Combined Arms, WWII Asset Pack, China Assets Pack, Super Carrier, Falklands Assets

Nevada, Normandy, Persian Gulf, The Channel, Syria, Mariana Islands, South Atlantic, Sinai

Yep, the switch cover.

i9 9900K @ 5.1Ghz - ASUS Maximus Hero XI - 32GB 4266 DDR4 RAM - ASUS RTX 2080Ti - 1 TB NVME - NZXT Kraken 62 Watercooling System - Thrustmaster Warthog Hotas (Virpil Base) - MFG Crosswind Pedals - Pimax 5K+

VFA-25 Fist Of The Fleet

I think you need VJOY to do a program for this function.

Websit:http://WWW.WINWING.CN

FULL METAL F/A-18 HOTAS MANUFACTURER

(Include F18 Joystick/Throttle/Grip/Panels)

FACEBOOK GROUP:https://www.facebook.com/groups/HOTAS/

OFFICIAL FACEBOOK :https://www.facebook.com/winwing.cn/

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

I see no way to make that happen, can you provide an instructional video or reference material?

VFA-25 Fist Of The Fleet

What you need is a virtual dx button that triggers at the same time as the generator on switch so that you can map it to the cover as a separate switch. Ideally, you would use real switch to trigger the cover, then use the virtual dx button with a small delay to actually flip the generator switch on.

But if you have a spare input on a 3rd party USB controller, you could always throw a real limit switch or button on the cover. Alternatively, if you keyboard is within easy reach, you need to map a readily accessible key to the gen cover.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

I use Joystick Gremlin to fire off one vJoy button when flipping the switch up, delay .25 seconds, then fire another vJoy button. This simulates opening the cover, then flipping the switch.

I do the same in reverse when flipping the switch down.

DEFENSOR FORTIS

Spoiler

Systems: Falcon NW Talon: Ryzen 9 5950X @4.9GHz, 64GB DDR4, RTX 3090 FE; Falcon NW Mach V: Core i7 3930K @3.2GHz, 32GB DDR3, GTX 1080 FE

Cockpit: MonsterTech MTX F, 42" 4K TV, HP Reverb G2, Oculus Rift S, PointCTRL

Controls: RS F16SGRH CE, RS F18CGRH, VPC T-50CM2, VFX, WarBRD (Grips); VPC T-50CM2, RS FSSB R3L (Bases); Winwing F/A-18C, VPC T-50CM3, VPC T-50CM, TM Warthog, Cougar (Throttles); VPC ACE2 (Rudders)

I use Joystick Gremlin to fire off one vJoy button when flipping the switch up, delay .25 seconds, then fire another vJoy button. This simulates opening the cover, then flipping the switch.

I do the same in reverse when flipping the switch down.

That is perfect. A software solution that works correctly is the cheapest and easiest.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

What you need is a virtual dx button that triggers at the same time as the generator on switch so that you can map it to the cover as a separate switch. Ideally, you would use real switch to trigger the cover, then use the virtual dx button with a small delay to actually flip the generator switch on.

But if you have a spare input on a 3rd party USB controller, you could always throw a real limit switch or button on the cover. Alternatively, if you keyboard is within easy reach, you need to map a readily accessible key to the gen cover.

The problem being that WinWing didn't supply the cover as a switch. Its a bad design. I can mod it obviously, however I am disappointed in this lack of QC.

VFA-25 Fist Of The Fleet

Switch covers don’t work that way... I’ve never seen one trip a switch.

If there’s a shortcoming here, it’s on ED for the keymapping options, not on Winwing.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

DEFENSOR FORTIS

Spoiler

Systems: Falcon NW Talon: Ryzen 9 5950X @4.9GHz, 64GB DDR4, RTX 3090 FE; Falcon NW Mach V: Core i7 3930K @3.2GHz, 32GB DDR3, GTX 1080 FE

Controls: RS F16SGRH CE, RS F18CGRH, VPC T-50CM2, VFX, WarBRD (Grips); VPC T-50CM2, RS FSSB R3L (Bases); Winwing F/A-18C, VPC T-50CM3, VPC T-50CM, TM Warthog, Cougar (Throttles); VPC ACE2 (Rudders)

I'll disagree and thats fine. You can easily apply a switch to a cover.

VFA-25 Fist Of The Fleet

Gen Tie Control Cover Not working

You’re welcome to. I think that ED should provide an option where one button does both in these instances, given limitations of home controllers. They’ve done it before, with the TDC depress and Mavericks on the Hornet.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

DEFENSOR FORTIS

Spoiler

Ok, I now have this throtttle/panel and there is a very simple solution:

Map RESET to the up switch position

Map Cover Open/Close to the down switch position.

Starting with the cover is closed, the switch is in the normal position.

To open the cover and reset:

1. Move the switch up. This has no effect because the cover is closed.

2. Move the switch down. This opens the cover.

3. Move the switch up again. This moves the switch to the RESET position.

To return to norm and close the cover:

1. Move the switch down. This closes the cover, which also moves the switch to the NORM position.

This is not as elegant as using the tools to cause delayed virtual button presses, but it only costs two extra switch movements and will work for most situations.

I don't really expect to use this switch very often. So I can live with having to cycle the switch up then down to open the cover, then up again to RESET.

For those that really care, you should go the F/A-18C forum and request the control mappings that should be there: a combined open/reset and a combined close/norm. It doesn't bother me enough to complain, but I will gladly thank anyone who pushes ED to fix it the right way so people don't have to use virtual buttons or other tricks to get this to work.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]