Mirrors

Rikus

Hi, the mirror of the middel shows the pilot.

I don´t want to see me, i need to see whats at my six so it´s possible to add the option to click in the mirror and move higher to have a better visual off our six?

In reality, mirrors aren’t really used to see bandits, they are pretty useless for that purpose given their narrow FOV, and the constant motion of aircraft and bandit. They’re mostly used to check the position of the wings, DLC engagement, etc. Administrative items like that. I’m not sure it’d be worth the effort to make them movable. You probably wouldn’t find yourself using them any more than you do now, would be my guess.

Former USN Avionics Tech

VF-41 86-90, 93-95

VF-101 90-93

Heatblur Tomcat SME

I9-9900K | Gigabyte Z390 Aorus Ultra | 32GB DDR4 3200 | Samsung 970 EVO Plus NVMe | RTX 2070 Super | TM Throttle | VPC Warbird Base TM F-18 Stick

Question is; can they, on the real airplane, be folded, like the Hornet and Eagle? If so, it would be an awesome feature. I know I can turn them 'off', but black mirrors is not quite the same as having them realistically tilted. Saves a tom of fps wile still looking alright.

They arent really black. I turned them off and its not badly done. It saves lotsa fps and still reflects light generally. Theyre unobtrusive that way..

The thing is IRL the mirrors were for as people said looking at the wings etc and also for in an emergency you could see the back aeater if even the ICS broke

Question is; can they, on the real airplane, be folded, like the Hornet and Eagle? If so, it would be an awesome feature. I know I can turn them 'off', but black mirrors is not quite the same as having them realistically tilted. Saves a tom of fps wile still looking alright.

They had a range of motion, but no, they could not be completely folded out of the way like you see in some DCS modules. They had maybe a 20 degree range of motion.

Former USN Avionics Tech

VF-41 86-90, 93-95

VF-101 90-93

Heatblur Tomcat SME

I9-9900K | Gigabyte Z390 Aorus Ultra | 32GB DDR4 3200 | Samsung 970 EVO Plus NVMe | RTX 2070 Super | TM Throttle | VPC Warbird Base TM F-18 Stick