Machine guns keep firing long after I release trigger

fencible

This is a general problem that I have with all the warbirds. If I fire more than about a half-second burst - the burst will continue sometimes for seconds after I have released the trigger. It looks to me like a buffer somewhere is being filled up quickly by firing impulses. It is most annoying and wastes tons of ammunition, particularly on strafing runs.

Since no one else seems to have this problem, I am assuming that there is a well known solution to it. Can anyone share that with me?

Since no one else seems to have this problem, I am assuming that there is a well known solution to it. Can anyone share that with me?

...or there's an option b) - no one else encountered it in the first place :D.

Does it also happen with all controllers unplugged, using keyboard only? Load free flight mission, press space to fire etc.

i7 9700K @ stock speed, single GTX1070, 32 gigs of RAM, TH Warthog, MFG Crosswind, Win10.

are you using a modifier along with your trigger? I have noticed that modifiers can me momentary or not.

ASUS Tuf Gaming Pro x570 / AMD Ryzen 7 5800X @ 3.8 / XFX Radeon 6900 XT / 64 GB DDR4 3200 

"This was not in the Manual I did not read", cried the Noob" - BMBM, WWIIOL

I have this happen but it's because there is something wrong with the first stage trigger on my Warthog stick. I pull through to stage 2 (Button 6) and there is no issue. Have to tear it apart (again) to find out the issue.

For your situation only use the keyboard to fire in testing to see if it still happens in the same way. that's how I figured out what was going on in my situation. Keyboard worked like a champ, trigger button would get 'stuck'.

My Specs: Win 10 Pro 64 Bit, i7-9700K @ 3.6GHz, 32GB RAM, RTX2080

F-14B Tomcat Guide

are you using a modifier along with your trigger? I have noticed that modifiers can me momentary or not.

Thanks ! Did not know this . I will look for the momentary option . Using modifiers in other aircraft has occasionally been troublesome as apparently the default is "maintained" .

9700k @ stock , Aorus Pro Z390 wifi , 32gb 3200 mhz CL16 , 1tb EVO 970 , MSI RX 6800XT Gaming X TRIO , Seasonic Prime 850w Gold , Coolermaster H500m , Noctua NH-D15S , CH Pro throttle and T50CM2/WarBrD base on Foxxmounts , CH pedals , Reverb G2v2