AUTO bombing with pickle „after” release cue

Razor18

Hi Guys,

isn’t there any inhibit for bomb release if you for any reason missed the release point (cue coming down through horizont line), and you only pickle after cue already disappeared? Bombs still release (of course will be way long).

Is it realistic? Or is it also like this in RL?

Thanks

• ED Team

we have information that suggest different, if you have information feel free to share it with us, in a pm if necessary

thanks

smallCATPILOT.PNG.04bbece1b27ff1b2c193b174ec410fc0.PNG

Forum rules - DCS Crashing? Try this first - Cleanup and Repair - Discord BIGNEWY#8703 - Youtube - Patch Status

Windows 11, NVIDIA MSI RTX 3090, Intel® i9-10900K 3.70GHz, 5.30GHz Turbo, Corsair Hydro Series H150i Pro, 64GB DDR @3200, ASUS ROG Strix Z490-F Gaming, HP Reverb G2

I may be wrong, I can read up and share if able, but I’ve never put myself in a position where the pickle wasn’t depressed passing the release cue, so no personal experience on that one.

Spent a lot of time in the real jet, have you?

Not a Charlie, no, just a 25X Rhino and beyond... and based on your user name I’d actually be interested, if you did fly a 13C Hornet, how close it’s simmed (from what I remember of 25X/some of the non-HOL quirks, it’s pretty good).

Also, if your definition is measured by 1000 hour TMS patches, no, not yet, but give it a couple months.

... so, with the different experience I do have, and never finding myself in a situation where I needed to press the pickle post release cue fly through (why waste the bomb?), I’m actually curious now if you ever had a reason/if something came off the jet as it’s currently simmed? I always figured even the “back side” of the release cue was part of the limitations, not just the “front side” and lateral limitations, that make AUTO safer/more accurate.

Yeah thought so.

Did you ever read all of the niche items in the NATOPS manual and Gold Book without having some small question/discussion bring it to your attention first? Because good on you if that’s the case...

I may be wrong, I can read up and share if able, but I’ve never put myself in a position where the pickle wasn’t depressed passing the release cue, so no personal experience on that one.

if your a rw hornet driver than why read up on it, you should know the answer already ?

Hay Creepy,

just asking, even tough it is off topic here, but I asked this on a different topic with no answer yet: With FLIR being priority, but nothing designated, should "second" Undesignate command result in VV SLV on, slaving FLIR to VV? Now it is at least not implemented yet, dunno if it is in real life?

I just read it on an ancient home page about FSX Superbug 1.4 modul, that seems to be pretty rich on informations about the Super Hornet:

https://forums.vrsimulations.com/support/index.php/A/G_Advanced_Targeting_FLIR_(ATFLIR)

I know it is not the Charlie, but could be same here too...

Edited by Razor18

Hay Creepy,

just asking, even tough it is off topic here, but I asked this on a different topic with no answer yet: With FLIR being priority, but nothing designated, should "second" Undesignate command result in VV SLV on, slaving FLIR to VV? Now it is at least not implemented yet, dunno if it is in real life?

No idea how 13C used to work, but that HOTAS functionality is indeed still in the jet, so I wouldn’t be surprised if it was a thing back then. I myself use the PB functionality on the off chance I ever need to do that and keep my fingers away from the undesignate button on the bottom of the stick, but everyone has their own habit patterns.

Friendly reminder:

Would really appreciate it if the simdads around here wouldn't antagonize the precious few Hornet and Rhino pilots who're willing to drop by and help with what they can. I know I'd be out of a medical students' discussion forums in a heartbeat if such rude commentaries were driven at me. Nothing to do with skin thickness... I'd just not see the point.

Thanks G and Creepy for you continued input. They are valued.

https://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=272663

BIGNEWY answered to my bug post:

"Just spoken to the team,

If the weapon release button is not pressed, the release cue moves below the velocity vector and flashes for 5 seconds or until the release is initiated.

Thanks "

and...

"I will look again, but the point is here that the weapon release can be pressed to release the weapon even after the cue has passed."

and with this, bug classsification was set to "NO BUG".

Someone else said it is for the LGB to be still dropped also after the cue, because you are still in the bucket for the LGB to guide onto the target. :huh:

we have information that suggest different, if you have information feel free to share it with us, in a pm if necessary

thanks

Hi BIGNEWY,

I tought it is worth a shot and dropped a mail to Vincent Aiello (Jell-O, making the Fighter Pilot Podcast), asking about this question. His kind and quick reply to me was this:

"Hey Razor,

As I recall the only way a weapon will be released is if the pickle button is depressed while flying through the release solution. It should be inhibited before and after that time. A “hot pickle” is available in CCIP, not AUTO.

Best,

Jell-O"

And there were some other former F-18 jocks here (not that their experience would worth any less than Jell-O's !) who shared this same opinion. And I think even without fighter pilot background, common sense also says, as one of them wrote the shortest summary: "if you wouldn't ever WANT to [drop beyond release cue], why would the plane let you?"

On the other hand I know it is not the biggest bug, and will probably barely ever happen to other sim pilots.

Regards

Edited by Razor18

Can you maybe also look into this

https://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=211945

And Photon geniously pinpointed the culprit, it is an apparent shift of the pipper visual placement in the HUD down by about half a pipper radius. And so this effects both A/A and A/G, bullets inpacting at top of the displaced pipper, obviously. Two pipctures there to proove too.