SU-25 autopilot keys?

I have been playing lomac for the past few weeks now, specifically the SU 25. Decided to purchase Flaming Cliffs today and removed lomac completely from my pc and once that was done, re-installed lomac, then flaming cliffs, then the seasons pack and the finally patch 1.12b. I am running windows xp.

Anyway, forgive me if the answer to the question below is either in a readme which I have missed or in the manual but it is driving me mad. In lomac, when flying the su-25, auopilot = key a, vertical-hold = key H and auto-throttle = J. Has this changed in flaming cliffs as these keys no longer have any effect. Call me lazy but I use these three settings quite a bit and I am pulling my hair out as to why they are no longer working :mad:

Anyone got the answer for me? Many thanks in advance....

Navigate to your Eagle Dynamics/LockOn/Doc Folder - inside are Inter Alia Charts for the Key Commands.

Novice or Veteran looking for an alternative MP career?

Click me to commence your Journey of Pillage and Plunder!

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

'....And when I get to Heaven, to St Peter I will tell....

One more Soldier reporting Sir, I've served my time in Hell......'

am no 25 expert but i think (:music_whistling:) that the 25 has no autopilot at all

:pilotfly:

NotiA10

CoolerMaster HAF RC-932 - Intel Core i7 950 - Arctic Cooling Freezer 7 Pro - Gigabyte GA-X58A-UD3R - Kingston DDR3 6GB - Gigabyte Radeon HD 5870 EF 6 Edition - Western Digital 640GB SATA-III - CoolerMaster 700W - TrackIR Pro 4 - Saitek X52 - Saitek Rudder Pedals - Hotas Warthog

Well, they've changed for the SU-25T :

(numerical keys are not the ones on the numpad !)

ALT-1 = Attitude hold mode

ALT-2 = altitude (baro) and roll hold

ALT-3 = transisition to level flight - aka panic button

ALT-4 = baro altitude hold

ALT-5 = radio altitude hold

ALT-6 = route following

ALT-9 = disengage autopilot

ALT-² (above TAB) = AP momentarily override AP (press and hold)

Check the manual, pages 47, 48 and 49.

i7 6700k/GTX1070-8G/MSI-Z170A Gaming Pro Carbon/32GB DDR4 Kingston HyperX PREDATOR DDR4 3000MHZ Vengeance 1600/TM Warthog #6106/Samsung SB350_S27B350H/OCZ Agility3 SSD 128GB / Win10-64/TIR5

Yep, had a look in the supplied word doc to make sure of all the commands and their keys. No autopilot in the 25? Tried the T model and auopilot works, auto throttle does not. So maybe the 25 does not have autopilot? Bit of a pain but if thats true to the actual aircraft then I would rather have it that way....

Funny that in lomac autopilot was included but taken out in flaming cliffs. But, as said above, it never had autopilot features.

Apparently it has some auto-pilot features, they're just not modeled in-game

attachment.php?attachmentid=11169&d=1180565065

(from a doc "AN IN DEPTH STUDY OF THE SU-25 COCKPIT" put out by the VVS 504 (red hammers) )

Notice "5 ППМ1 / ППМ2 / ППМ3 / РО : Waypoint (1 to 3) and Attitude Hold selector."

Which implies at least a rudimentary autopilot.

• Like 1

Cheers.

Hi

I don't know if what Weta43 posted is right or not (a basic A/P in the Su-25).

Anyway what I'm sure about is that in LO-FC there is :

- a "complete" auto-pilot (*) but no auto-throttle in the Su-25T

- no auto-pilot neither auto-throttle in the Su-25

Cheers

Az'

(*) still with FC limitations : no radionav for instance.

spacer.png

Apparently it has some auto-pilot features, they're just not modeled in-game

attachment.php?attachmentid=11169&d=1180565065

(from a doc "AN IN DEPTH STUDY OF THE SU-25 COCKPIT" put out by the VVS 504 (red hammers) )

Notice "5 ППМ1 / ППМ2 / ППМ3 / РО : Waypoint (1 to 3) and Attitude Hold selector."

Which implies at least a rudimentary autopilot.

I have tried to figure this question oyt since the document was translated to english (from french) about a year ago..?

My guess, from a lack of more correct info about the "vanilla", is that IF it has an autopilot it only works as an attitude hold. Meaning that it will keep the plane at it's current pitch-yaw-roll angles. The other options (like "go-around left/right) refere to what the HSI shows.!

By that I mean that if you select the "go-around left" mode, the HSI wil point you to a coure that will lead you to the previous waypoint on the left side of the pre-programed course.

I really wish someone would figure out a way to program this function into an add-on like LOVP+LOSIOC or simular. It must be possible to do?

"But (504)Brewber said they were'nt friendly.. So I took'em out.!"

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

The other options (like "go-around left/right) refere to what the HSI shows.!

But surely - if all it does is change the HSI, then the "go around left" / "go around right" commands are equivalent & therefore redundant :

A 90 degree heading + 180 degrees (turn right) = a 270 degree heading

A 90 degree heading - 180 degrees (turn left) = a 270 degree heading

if the INS can keep track of the previous course's spatial position not just heading, & tell you when you've overshot, then it can do it from either side without being told which way you're turning...

Which implies that there's more to it than changing the direction the needle points...

Being able to hold attitude as weight shifts & speed changes requires that the system can control all the control surfaces in response to changes detected by the Gyro's (which are the reference point for the INS & via that the HSI ) - otherwise you would just be locking the controls off.

So the "attitude hold is driven by the INS & so is the HSI - seems circumstantially that it's likely to have something more than solely "attitude hold" to me...

Cheers.