Justifying $ for simming

rocketeer

Siming was my first hobby. but was replaced 3 years ago whin I decied to start shooting Hand gun comp. turnys. I travel all over CA from one to another. It has ben the only thing I spent money on for the last 3 years. She has never complaind once. probly becaus I have a gun on me most of the time :music_whistling: I am trying to slowly build a pit so she dosent know how much it will cost. But thin agin I spent $1400 on a hand gun. I guss I culd tell here it is cheaper than buying another one too keep he others company in the safe.:gun_smilie:

Simming and shooting was my hobby since day 1 :)

Welcome to the club :joystick: :gun_sniper:

You never know when you'll need both skills.

51PVO Founding member (DEC2007-)

100KIAP Founding member (DEC2018-)

:: Shaman aka [100☭] Shamansky

tail# 44 or 444

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC] 100KIAP Regiment Early Warning & Control officer

nearly 33 years now, actually

hahahaha

That's some funny shiz but so true. 32 years? Wow. You must be doing somethin' right then. Good for u. Hey, may you have many more to come.

:D

thanks for the sentiment, Leafer. yeah, we're like a pair of comfortable old shoes. Oh I still look at a pretty wiggle, and a man thinks like a man thinks, but with eyes wide open and mouth wide shut!;) As long as I "follow orders" I'm pretty much guaranteed three snacks and a rack. Actually I wear the pants in this household (she just tells me which ones to put on!:megalol:)

No kids. Had a Rottweiller that loved kids (but it was hard to get them fresh!:D

Flyby

The U.S. Congress is the best governing body that BIG money can buy. :cry:

I almost forgot,

Make double sure to practice alot so she does not out gun you.:joystick:

Or better yet, let her shoot you down multiple times while you tell her how great she is then ask for that 28" LCD.:pilotfly:

Out

Man..That is just beautifull..:lol:..!

"But (504)Brewber said they were'nt friendly.. So I took'em out.!"

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

I cant get my old lady to tuch a PC much less get her to watch for 5 seconds..

I just snuck out and bought RadioShack out of the switchs I am using for my pit. She had a docktors apoiment (score 1 for the men) :thumbup:

Home built PC Win 10 Pro 64bit, MB ASUS Z170 WS, 6700K, EVGA 1080Ti Hybrid, 32GB DDR4 3200, Thermaltake 120x360 RAD, Custom built A-10C sim pit, TM WARTHOG HOTAS, Cougar MFD's, 3D printed UFC and Saitek rudders. HTC VIVE VR.

https://digitalcombatmercenaries.enjin.com/

I just snuck out and bought RadioShack out of the switchs I am using for my pit. She had a docktors apoiment (score 1 for the men) :thumbup:

Just wait :P In about 5 years, she'll hit you over the back of your head because of that, in a discussion that is TOTALLY unrelated to that :P

That said, I just ordered a new Router/firewall for use at home. I might be pushing up daisies by tonight :P

Regards

Fjordmonkey

Clustermunitions is just another way of saying that you don't like someone.

I used to like people, then people ruined that for me.

LOL Im single too, welcome to the club! :D Hope I wont be in it too long.

Aproaching women is not as hard as most people think. As long as you have imagination for the talk its easy to get close. Im telling you this because Im on the hunt, though I have my share of nail and teeth marks on me...its a jungle out there! :D

Even without a commitment hanging arround with women does dent your wallet, geesh. This christmas I must have paid arround 200 Euro in dinners at restaurants not to mention the presents. (never lockon to a single target man) ;)

While single I still cannot spend as much money as I would like. But then my salary aint grand either and that contributes for my lack of motivation to buy any further toys.

Try TWS .. (Track while Scan :) )Get low on rdr and lock on to her when she is unaware :)

(yeah.. like i know too much!..)

[sIGPIC]http://i201.photobucket.com/albums/aa200/misikci/41-imza-1.jpg[/sIGPIC]

"To infinity...and beyond!.."

SIM-MOD Modeler

TURK!

LOL! LD This is one funny (and so true) thread ... I had to give out some REp for this as it was really enjoyable read... and I can relate to many, if not all of these :)

I am personally not married yet... don't even think about it honestly and I'm 33... but I guess the time will come where the seal will have to be done... and maybe cut on spending for the PC for slight simming... but I hope not as my girlfriend stil lets me fly a lot when she's around me... but she does use "Stupid" prefix in almost every sentence about my hobby :D

No longer active in DCS...

My wife remembers EVERYTHING I ever said or did

Tell me about it! When she's mad she can quote something I did or said years ago. That's one huge harddisk man. When I try say she always do this or that that pisses me off, she'd ask for at least one example, and I'd go blank, and swear to myself to start writing things down for future references. :doh:

rocketeer, you better be careful, Man!

Tell me about it! When she's mad she can quote something I did or said years ago. That's one huge harddisk man. When I try say she always do this or that that pisses me off, she'd ask for at least one example, and I'd go blank, and swear to myself to start writing things down for future references. :doh:

I feel ya with that memory thing, rocket. I was once so frustrated at my wife recalling shid from eons ago that I accused her of making it up because she KNEW I wouldn't remember!:badmood:That's why a feeling of paranoia comes over me when I see that "gotcha!" look in her eyes when springs that stuff one me. Could she be making that up, or is it really that I don't remember?:cry:

It ain't fair! It just ain't fair. That's the price we men pay for having that little swinging bandit down there, I guess. But hey! It's cool!:thumbup:

Flyby

I feel ya with that memory thing, rocket. I was once so frustrated at my wife recalling shid from eons ago that I accused her of making it up because she KNEW I wouldn't remember!:badmood:That's why a feeling of paranoia comes over me when I see that "gotcha!" look in her eyes when springs that stuff one me. Could she be making that up, or is it really that I don't remember?:cry:

It ain't fair! It just ain't fair. That's the price we men pay for having that little swinging bandit down there, I guess. But hey! It's cool!:thumbup:

Flyby

I her 'Ya..! Oh boy do I hear 'Ya..!

I talked to my Ex-Wife yesterday, and she brought up stuff I (according to her recolection) said 4 years ago..! And clamed that us men are unable to comunicate with women in general..!

That being said, The only words I got in was a " you don't say..?" and a ".. sigh.." at the end of the conversation..:cry:

I say we go for the old tested-and-tried-out method of:

- " Honey..? I was thinking just now about something.? And I would really ilke to hear your thoughts about this..! We have some money to spare this month, so I was wondering if I should go out and get some crystal 'meth, or just go out in the garage and tinker with my Cockpit..? What do you think...? BTW.. you look lovely in that gravy-stained robe....!"

:music_whistling:

"But (504)Brewber said they were'nt friendly.. So I took'em out.!"

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Triggerhappy69 hahahahahahaha!!!!

I her 'Ya..! Oh boy do I hear 'Ya..!

I talked to my Ex-Wife yesterday, and she brought up stuff I (according to her recolection) said 4 years ago..! And clamed that us men are unable to comunicate with women in general..!

That being said, The only words I got in was a " you don't say..?" and a ".. sigh.." at the end of the conversation..:cry:

I say we go for the old tested-and-tried-out method of:

- " Honey..? I was thinking just now about something.? And I would really ilke to hear your thoughts about this..! We have some money to spare this month, so I was wondering if I should go out and get some crystal 'meth, or just go out in the garage and tinker with my Cockpit..? What do you think...? BTW.. you look lovely in that gravy-stained robe....!"

:music_whistling:

this thread is either becoming theraputic or sick!! "BTW.. you look lovely in that gravy-stained robe....!" :megalol::megalol::megalol:

http://www.simhq.com/_commentary/all_032a.html

SimHQ article on the subject by the quirky IL-2 guy "Dart". I don't have the wife/girlfriend problem because, in order, I'm only sixteen and I'm not at the top of the social ladder so to speak. However, I too have a financial menace, known as the Mother. While maybe less likely to come down hard on flightsim purchases, this is only because there is no flightsim purchases unless she is doing the purchasing. My problem is not one of getting her to "let me" buy something but rather to actually go out and buy it for Christmas or something without balancing the equation by cutting off the food supply or similar. It's starting to get to the part-time job stage which will begin in Summer, which will hopefully bring a major pre-DCS/FighterOps upgrade.

Continue to carve away the stone boys.

Well, I can relate to this, I'm just 15, but I'm allowed to buy what ever I want, so long as it's my money. (Birthday/Christmas money always helps) So I am careful to spend it on stuff I'll use very often... my computer! :D

DCS Wishlist: 1) FIX THE DAMN RIVERS!!! 2) Spherical or cylindrical panorama view projection. 3) Enhanced input options (action upon button release, etc). 4) Aircraft flight parameter dump upon exit (stick posn, attitude, rates, accel, control volume, control-surface positions, SAS bias, etc). 5) ADS-33 maneuver courses as static objects. 6) Exposed API or exports of trim position and stick force for custom controllers. 7) Select auto multiple audio devices

Wifey doesn't mind me playing. However, for such "freedom" I need to give attention whenever she asks (massage, listening to her :sleep:, telling her that she's pretty :doh:), or I need to face "emotional blackmailing"

She's probably happy that she knows my activities, and that there is no other woman in my life (secret business trips, anonymous phone calls.....you name it) :D

Sometimes, she likes to fly A-20C in Il-2 series but she ends up creating a crater just by the enemy ground position

And no...we were not born with silver spoon

This space is available for your advertisement

OMG !!!!

Well let me give you a little AUSTRALIAN advice here fellas, and lets be honest......... By the sounds of it you need it.

So for your benefit. Here is a little famous saying that will explain all and make your lives easier.

What do you say to a woman with two black eyes ??????

Nothing. You already told her twice !!!!

;-)

hehe funny thread this!! :hehe:

I don't currently have a girlfriend, but I have abit of justifying left to do to myself to get my hand on that french gourmet stick I'm planning to buy. :shifty: (I've been saving for it for quite a while)...

I do have a dog though, but it does'nt talk nor remembers as much as a wife, does'nt care how much I spend on anything either as long as he gets his food and a bone every now and then...

The only thing he does that interferes with flying is he seems to wants to have say about the rudder inputs sometimes when he's feeling lonely, but for those occasions there is the twist grip...

Aussie women don't take no flack off of nobody

better still "no sh_t off no can't" , now thats oz :megalol:

and just the way i like em:thumbup:

my girl can give as good as she gets.

thats why i liked her in the first place.

treats me like a king and lets me think i run the show :)

I just took down a old nforce 3 system. Sold vid, memory, motherboard, cpu, PSU etc. Nforce 3 is an old motherboard running a 939 socket AGP slot!! cpu was a amd 4000 with fast pc3200. It adds up esp when you want to buy stuff you can trust and under warranty. I just blew $900.00 in new computer hardware that I had to assemble, test, and config. after owning the old setup about 2 years. ASUS maximus formula $250.00 /Q6600 $250.00 / 2 gb of ram $120.00 /Logitech g15 keyboard $80.00 / PSU $100.00 other goodies.

If you do you homework and maybe learn how to put computer parts together its a whole lots cheaper to play here.

Asus P8Z68-V GEN3/ 2500k 4.4ghz / Corsair 64gb SSD Cache / Corsair 8g 1600 ddr3 / 2 x 320gb RE3 Raid 0 /Corsair 950w/ Zotac 560TI AMP 1gb / Zalman GS1200 case /G940/