Inner wing circuit breaker disables nose MG's

Akula67

Hi,

Toggling the breaker the breaker P1 disables both nose MGs and inner wing MGs. It should only disable the inner wing MG's

The breaker P2 works correctly and only disables nose MG's

It would be nice to have this bug corrected so that we could better manage our guns (fire nose and inner wing guns independently) :)

Happy flying !

• Like 9
  • Thanks 4

I tested various scenarios

A) With all CB's in, the trigger on the stick grip should fire only the MG's in the cowling. However, it fires both the MG's and the cannons in the wing root.

The button for "fire cannons" should fire all cannons, but it fires only the cannons in the outer wings.

B) I tried all 3 CB's in sequence, only one CB ON at a time. Results:

P2 (Rumpf Motor = Cowling) ON: no gun fires at all, seems wrong

P1 (Flügel innen = inner wings) ON: inner wing guns fire, es expected

P80 (Flügel außen) = outer wings) ON: nothing fires, seems wrong

C) Next tests:

All 3 CB's ON: all guns fire, as expected

P1 and P2 ON: Cowling MG's and inner wing cannons fire as expected

P1 and P80 ON: all 4 cannons fire, as expected

P2 and P80 ON: nothing fires. Seems wrong but is not a realistic scenario

This confirms what Akula found:

The CB P1 by itself enables the inner wing cannons.

The CB P2 by itself does not enable the cowling MG's. P1 AND P2 must be ON to enable the cowling MG's. This is in contradiction to the circuit diagram in the flight manual, section "Electrical System".

In addition to the CB issue, it seems wrong that the trigger fires both cowling MG's and wing root cannons. We have two control bindings:

- Fire Machine Guns (A) which is bound to the trigger

- Fire Cannons (B) which is bound to a button on the stick

If the functionality is correct, the names of the control bindings should be corrected to reflect true function. However, I think that the pilot should be able to fire MG's only when attacking a target that doesn't require a lot of punch.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

LeCuvier

Windows 10 Pro 64Bit | i7-4790 CPU |16 GB RAM|SSD System Disk|SSD Gaming Disk| MSI GTX-1080 Gaming 8 GB| Acer XB270HU | TM Warthog HOTAS | VKB Gladiator Pro | MongoosT-50 | MFG Crosswind Pedals | TrackIR 5

• 2 months later...

I've been testing this again today, and the P1/P2 CB (circuit breaker) is still not working correctly on the FW 190 A8.

Versions:

• Date of test: 31 July 2020
  • DCS: Open Beta v 2.5.6.52437
  • Module: FW 190 A-8 EA
  • Map: Normandy

Preparation:

• New mission, Normandy map, 1x FW 190 A8, starts with engine on
  • Run the mission on my own server

My procedure:

1. Apply brakes
  2. Switch master arm on
  3. Safety cover on flight stick off (i.e. Live)
  4. Check the P1 and P2 CBs (both on, by default)
  5. Fire guns (both cowling and inner-wing guns fire = correct)
  6. Switch off both P1 and P2 CBs
  7. Fire guns (neither cowling nor inner-wing guns fire = correct)
  8. Switch on P2 CB (leave P1 off)
  9. Fire guns (neither cowling nor inner-wing guns fire = INCORRECT, the cowling guns should fire)
  10. Switch off P2, and switch on P1.
  11. Fire guns (inner-wing guns only fire = correct)
  12. Switch on P2 CB (also leave P1 on)
  13. Fire guns (both cowling and inner-wing guns fire = correct)
  14. Switch off P1 (leave P2 on)
  15. Fire guns (neither cowling nor inner-wing guns fire = INCORRECT, the cowling guns should fire)

Notes:

• I've also seen the same thing with air spawns and cold-starts.
  • I've also seen the same thing on at least one other map (Caucasus).
  • I have attached the mission file that I used for the test.
  • I have attached a track file which shows the problem.

server-20200731-145710.trk

test-fw190a8-cb-bug-20200731.miz

• Like 7

• 10 months later...

Its nearly been a year now any word if this is getting sorted Groove. Thanks

On 7/31/2020 at 3:56 PM, Groove said:

Thanks guys, i will look into it.

Its nearly been a year now any word if this is getting sorted Groove. Thanks

• Like 5

On 7/31/2020 at 4:56 PM, Groove said:

Thanks guys, i will look into it.

Hey Groove, any update on this topic?

• Like 4

i7 12700KF | MSI Z690 A-PRO | Corsair Vengeance 2x16 gb @ 3200 Mhz | RTX 3070 Ti FE | Acer XB271HU 1440P 144HZ | Virpil T-50 CM throttle | Virpil WarBRD Base + MongoosT-50 CM2 Grip | MFG Crosswind | TrackIR 5 | HP Reverb G2

Bf 109 K-4 | Fw 190 A-8 | Spitfire LF Mk. IX | P-51D | Fw 190 D-9 | P-47D | Mosquito FB VI | F/A 18C | F-14 A/B | F-16C | MiG-15bis | MiG-21bis | M-2000C | A-10C | AJS-37 Viggen | UH-1H | Ka-50 | Mi-24P | C-101 | Flaming Cliffs 3

Persian Gulf | Nevada | Normandy | The Channel | Syria

Thanks for investigating.  In that case, would it be possible to get the A8 Manual corrected to reflect this? Specifically, the electrical diagram on Page 32 would need to reflect the CB for MG131 coming from the line for MG151 in the Wing Roots after the circuit breaker for those, rather than directly off the main busbar.  Thanks.

• Like 1

Unless the A-8 is different to the A-7, that diagram that iFoxRomeo has posted shows the Geratebank Rechts Circuit Breakers for MG131 and MG151 as independent, does it not? So the behaviour at the moment is NOT correct? And the Outer guns should be P81 rather than P80 as it is at the moment. Or am I reading it wrong?

• ED Team

Dear all,

many thanks for your investigations in the topic. You're almost right. But the answer for such behaviour is hidden here

image.png

As you can see the second switch of SZ KK-4 connects "yellow" powerline to solenoid P429 that connects power from P81 to the outer guns via "green" line. So if you turn second switch of SZ KK-4 off or P1 off or P81 off the outer guns will not fire. 

What I can confirm as bugs:

- breaker P80 should be marked as P81

- with P2 on, P1 off and P81 off 131 MGs should fire (will be fixed in the next update)

• Like 5

18 hours ago, Racoon said:

Dear all,many thanks for your investigations in the topic. You're almost right. But the answer for such behaviour is hidden here

Fantastic stuff Racoon!
The WW2-module customers are very grateful for continued attention and maintenance!

On YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/philstylenz

Storm of War WW2 server website: https://stormofwar.net/

Thank you very much indeed Racoon....top work,this is very much appreciated 👍

Chillblast Fusion Cirrus 2 FS Pc/Intel Core i7-7700K Kaby Lake CPU/Gigabyte Nvidia GTX 1070 G1 8GB/Seagate 2TB FireCuda SSHD/16GB DDR4 2133MHz Memory/Asus STRIX Z270F Gaming Motherboard/Corsair Hydro Series H80i GT Liquid Cooler/TM Warthog with MFG 10cm Extension/WINWING Orion Rudder Pedals (With Damper Edition)/TrackiR5/Windows 11 Home