Need Help with Beta Download (confused)

Hey guys, totally confused and could use some help. I currently run the stable version and want to download the beta as well. If I download the beta, will it simply download a 2nd version on my PC and give me a 2nd desktop icon allowing me to choose between the stable and beta versions?

Currently my stable version takes up 140GB of space on my PC. If I download the beta, will it require an additional 140GB of space on top of the stable version? Meaning does it take up double the space on my PC?

Lastly, if I am in the middle of a campaign in stable version, can I use the beta version to continue the campaign or are they completely separate? Any help would be much appreciated.

yes they are 2 seperate installs and run independently.. the beta may be bigger or smaller but at least around what the release version is so make sure you have enough disk space..

I am unsure but maybe you can copy the campaign file over to the beta install or you will just need to start from scratch ..

ASRock Z590 Phantom Gaming 4/AC / Intel i7 10700K @ 5.1Ghz / Noctua DHS-14 Heatsinkw/Fan /  Samsung 970plus m.2 1TB  /  eVGA FTW3 2080Ti /  RipJaws - 64GB RAM @3200  /  SoundBlaster Z  / Reverb G2 VR /  ThrustMaster HOTAS Cougar & MFD's / Buttkicker Gamer 2

Hey guys, totally confused and could use some help. I currently run the stable version and want to download the beta as well. If I download the beta, will it simply download a 2nd version on my PC and give me a 2nd desktop icon allowing me to choose between the stable and beta versions?

Currently my stable version takes up 140GB of space on my PC. If I download the beta, will it require an additional 140GB of space on top of the stable version? Meaning does it take up double the space on my PC?

Lastly, if I am in the middle of a campaign in stable version, can I use the beta version to continue the campaign or are they completely separate? Any help would be much appreciated.

You should be able to update from stable to OB. I mean it possible on steam so there must also a way for the stand alone and yes, there is a way, just read this guide: https://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=114030

Edited by Mike_Romeo

My skins

You have the option to have both versions installed simultaneously (2x space but downloader will use files that are the same from the other version when downloading) or to update one to the other.

Campaign progress is kept in logbook.lua file that can be copied to the appropriate folder in \saved games\DCS beta structure.

🖥️ Win10  i7-10700KF  32GB  RTX3060   🥽 Rift S   🕹️ T16000M  TWCS  TFRP   ✈️ FC3  F-14A/B  F-15E   ⚙️ CA   🚢 SC   🌐 NTTR  PG  Syria