Warthog throttle not recognized as the collective

Tokoyami

Hello all,

My Warthog throttle isn’t recognized as the collective by the Huey module, although the throttle IS recognized as the collective for the other two helicopter modules. I don’t see any way to program the collective to the throttle within the options menu.

Anyone have the slightest idea how to fix this? Thank you in advance.

Did you select the "Axis configuration", "Axis setup" or whatever it's called in the control configuration window? And the collective isn't there to be found together with cyclic and pedals?

You didn't accidentally configure the throttle instead of the collective (have happened before)?

Helicopters and Viggen

DCS 1.5.7 and OpenBeta

Win7 Pro 64bit

i7-3820 3.60GHz

P9X79 Pro

32GB

GTX 670 2GB

VG278H + a Dell

PFT Lynx

TrackIR 5

Thank you for responding. There are two entries for the collective: collective up and collective down; each mapped to a keyboard shortcut by default.

My TM throttle acts as my collective, the slider on the TM quadrant is mapped to the twist throttle on the collective. The keyboard short cuts work, but who the heck wants to fly like that? I can control the twist throttle VIA The throttle quadrant slider as normal but moving my TM throttle does not move the collective up or down, as it normally does.

Edited by Tokoyami

Thank you for responding. There are two entries for the collective: collective up and collective down; each mapped to a keyboard shortcut by default.

This sounds like you haven't found the axis settings page.

When you go to the control settings the axis settup is not done there together with buttons, you have to do one of two possible things to go to axis setup.

1) in the drop down menu to the upper left, besides the aircraft selection drop down, you can choose categories of button assignments, but also "search..." and axis configuration (can't remember exactly how it's named). Select the last one mentioned.

2) down among the buttons on the bottom of the screen, about in the middle, you have a button named something like "Axis configuration". Press it.

In the configuration window you now have, all axis can be configured. Remember, if you like to change an assignment you have to firs remove the active and then add the new.

Helicopters and Viggen

DCS 1.5.7 and OpenBeta

Win7 Pro 64bit

i7-3820 3.60GHz

P9X79 Pro

32GB

GTX 670 2GB

VG278H + a Dell

PFT Lynx

TrackIR 5

See the picture.

collective.thumb.jpg.fc11714f0ed8b0f52563c282ac606f9a.jpg

Huey in the air, Spitfire in the hangar 🙂

The last version of OpenBeta (all terrains)

MFG Crosswind V2; Thrustmaster HOTAS Warthog; TrackIR 5 (still not in use)

Anyway, it should be mapped automatically. I have Warthog several days and I did not have to map the collective. The only thing I do not understand is why the Throttle starts to work only after I increase it to idle position by PgUp key. Does anyone know how to set it up for whole range of throttle stick on Warthog? It has off and idle position so it should work, right?

Thanks.

Huey in the air, Spitfire in the hangar 🙂

The last version of OpenBeta (all terrains)

MFG Crosswind V2; Thrustmaster HOTAS Warthog; TrackIR 5 (still not in use)

Does anyone know how to set it up for whole range of throttle stick on Warthog? It has off and idle position so it should work, right?

Thanks for the pic, I wasn't in a position to do it myself.

Regarding the OFF position there is no axis control for that I'm afraid. The entire axis range is from idle to automatic throttle.

Helicopters and Viggen

DCS 1.5.7 and OpenBeta

Win7 Pro 64bit

i7-3820 3.60GHz

P9X79 Pro

32GB

GTX 670 2GB

VG278H + a Dell

PFT Lynx

TrackIR 5