JTAC Question

bladewalker

Hi all, I've been searching and have come across many posts regarding JTACs and priority targeting etc, but i'm battling to find the answer to my question.

Can you get the standard non-scripted standard JTAC to lase certain units in a group and leave the rest?

I have a group consisting of Armour, Infantry, buildings etc. All I want is the JTAC to designate the Armour. I've put hpriority and priority in the unit names, but It just seems to ignore that, and designates a vehicle without any priority in its unit name first (it's also is the unit furtherest away from the JTAC unit), once thats destroyed, It designates an Infantry man. My MAV E was a little bit of overkill for the latter :lol:

Is there any solution to this or am I doing / understanding something wrong?

Thanks

JB

Hi all, I've been searching and have come across many posts regarding JTACs and priority targeting etc, but i'm battling to find the answer to my question.

Can you get the standard non-scripted standard JTAC to lase certain units in a group and leave the rest?

I have a group consisting of Armour, Infantry, buildings etc. All I want is the JTAC to designate the Armour. I've put hpriority and priority in the unit names, but It just seems to ignore that, and designates a vehicle without any priority in its unit name first (it's also is the unit furtherest away from the JTAC unit), once thats destroyed, It designates an Infantry man. My MAV E was a little bit of overkill for the latter :lol:

Thanks

JB

Unit names hpriority and priority work only with CTLD script. I advise you to use CTLD or Moose there is no other solution.

PC: i7-13700K - MSI RTX 4080 Gaming X Trio - 32GB DDR5 6200 - VPC MongoosT-50CM3 - VKB GF pro - MFG Crosswind - Msi MPG321UR-QD + Acer XB271HU - TrackIR5 - Rift S

Thanks

JB

Hi bladewalker,

There is indeed a solution to this without having to resort to scripting. I know some are not always keen to explore the scripting elements and the in game comms is not as detailed when using the script.

It would take too long to write all the steps down here (TLDR) and all that, so I will add a video to my mission builders series.

It will take you through the process step by step. Cheers. :thumbup:

Callsign: NAKED

My YouTube Channel

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Hi bladewalker,

There is indeed a solution to this without having to resort to scripting. I know some are not always keen to explore the scripting elements and the in game comms is not as detailed when using the script.

It would take too long to write all the steps down here (TLDR) and all that, so I will add a video to my mission builders series.

It will take you through the process step by step. Cheers.

Thank you so much Sunts.... thats mighty kind of you. I'll be sure to be on the lookout for it