14th FS, WW 90-808 -Ultra Weathered- "BOB"

Ala12Rv-watermanpc

Hi all guys!, just wanted to share with you something I have been working for the last weeks. Since the Viper is my favourite fighter aircraft of all times, I wanted to make something special for it now that the template has been released. After dozens of hours of research and painting I think it is ready for sharing with you all. I like weathered planes, and the viper is no exception, however, I think it's a tricky plane to worn out without making it look "overdone" or breaking its sharp and stylized lines so I tried to keep it coherent and neat with very precise and tiny details and dirts.

As always, all the weathering you see in the plane is based in real life weathering, combined in the model to achieve a believable weathered looking viper. I ended up creating dozens of highly detailed layers for this skin, trying to avoid the "grainy" look of the default skin and materials as the Falcon has a quite shiny and smooth look even when weathered so I remade pretty much the whole materials and textures from the scratch. Taking advance of the high resolution of the textures, I wanted to be able to zoom in to the plane to insane levels while keeping a high level of detail, so many details are only visible form really close, but the plane is filled with tons of accurate details, dust, dirt, scratches, chipping, etc.

The skin features:

-Highly detailed weathering, based on real life images.

-Greatly improved afterburner fx, with adjusted color, intensity and variation.

-Added nozzles textures and missing nozzle plates details, including materials and AO map.

-Added detailed tail side formation lights model and materials.

-Added missing cockpit dashboard screws and panel lines, including normal map and materials.

-Fixed some alingment, missing details and issues in some normal maps, AO maps and/or roughmets.

-Added all the missing rivets and details available to all the normal maps.

-Detailed center line and TGP pylons for diffuse and materials.

-Adjusted base colors of the skin.

-Adjusted canopy color and material for both dark and yellowish versions.

v1.1:

-Added the missing logos over air intake sides (special thanks to DonJosh and his wife for helping me with this)

-Minor adjustments and added some little pieces detailed weathering.

v1.2:

-Fixed dynamic numbers issue due to latest ED changes.

***To install update, simply drop the folder over the old one and override.

Well, enough talking, now say hi to my interpretation of the real life 14th FS, WW 90-808 unit, aka "Bob" :P:

1hKZvmR.jpg

tw5i733.jpg

Ljs9hKK.jpg

VhAX25o.jpg

x7ZRoGz.jpg

rsga5Ab.jpg

gNayMha.jpg

Wzw8jEx.jpg

USz1sQR.jpg

4pTLA4L.jpg

KNJcSR6.jpg

6EW9BDt.jpg

Nb78Ddf.jpg

GCQO3Ys.jpg

EkKDuX1.jpg

Tons of screens here and here

This skin was inspired by the first F-16C b50 unit reaching 10.000 flight hours in 2019, so I thought it would be perfect for a weathered style. I didnt tried to replicate the real one's weathering, but making my own (white nose :P) representation of it.

Download link

https://www.digitalcombatsimulator.com/en/files/3309461/

As always I hope you all like and enjoy it.

Thanks!

Edited by watermanpc

Take a look at my MODS here

I have Air to Air photographs of it, over Iraq, from one of our missions. They put tape on the numbers to make it read "BOB" on the tail.

great!, maybe you could send me some of the air intake logos for a future version :)

btw, yeah, I found a picture of the tail numbers modded to make it read as "bob" :lol: ...at first I was going to make it in the skin, but then I though that wasnt really representative of it so didnt do it.

Edited by watermanpc

Nice screens guys!, thanks for the support!:)

No words, my new favorite livery :)

JHqvVv0.png

Just noticed a small error on the roughmet but other than that it's just stunning! I hope you'll make more :D

jwX1CR0.png

It is not an error, it is due to the way the dynamic numbers work in the viper (mentioned it in the download description)...numbers are written over a little plane a few inches away of the surface so they make that effect when anything is under that plane. Also, they can look misaligned at certain angles even though they are not...it is the way it is, I know, it is a pity but I disabled all the dynamic numbers as much as I could so Im afraid this is something only ED can fix.

Btw, wing pylons are not final until proper template, also fuel tanks.

EDIT:you are right, it is an error...although the problem with the dynamic numbers is still there I made a mistake with the number in the loin...will correct inmediately. Sorry!

Edited by watermanpc

Issue with the loin number already fixed and uploaded, I just selected a wrong layer for the diffuse...please, download the skin again, sorry for the inconvenience. Link also added in the first post.

This skin should be at least official for the ED. Much more detailed and worked than the original skin. Very good work.

Hats off, my regards to the creator of this skin.

Thanks a lot Pirox!!!, really appreciated!:thumbup:

Phenomenal work.

Devils Canyon i7 4790K @ 4.9GHz |16gb DDR3 | MSI GeForce GTX 1080Ti | Samsung 860 EVO

Thrustmaster Warthog | Virpil WarBRD | Virpil TM-50CM2 Grip | VKB-Sim T-Rudder Mk.IV | Acer X34A (21:9) | Oculus Rift S

A-10C | AJS-37 | AV-8B | C-101 | F/A-18C | F-14A/B | F-5E | KA-50 | L-39 | M-2000C | SA342 | Spitfire LF Mk IX | UH-1H

Wow amazing! :thumbup:

CPU i7 9700K@5ghz | COOLER Corsair H100x | MB Gigabyte Z390 Aorus Elite | RAM 32GB G.Skill Ripjaws V 3200mhz | GPU MSI RTX 3070 Ti Gaming X Trio | SSD OS Samsung M.2 860 EVO 250GB / SSD DCS 860 Evo 500GB| PSU Antec HCG 850W Gold | SO Win 10 pro 64bit | MONITORS LG 27GL850/BENQ GW2780 | PERIFERICHE GAMING TrackIR 5 | Thrustmaster Hotas Warthog | MFG Crosswind + combat pedals + hydraulic damper | TM MFD Cougar | Logitech DFGT

"Mai discutere con un idiota, ti trascina al suo livello e ti batte con l'esperienza" cit. Oscar Wilde