Menus Present

SGT Coyle

Menus present and slowly flashing on and off.( thanks for reminding me Hornblower793)

• I have menus disabled, and PPT Dial set to Multi in Viocom CP.

• Mission settings in editor, "Easy Comms" not checked.

• DCS Game Settings "Easy Coms" not checked.

I don't know what else to check.

Any help appreciated.

Settings_Viacom.png.6d6f5284343bfd4e42b3f45f1a77d8ca.png

Edited by SGT Coyle

Night Ops in the Harrier

IYAOYAS

Have you also set the custom path in DCS config and checked the OB box if you are on OB - this clears it for me (assuming you are seeing the menu flashing on and off)

Windows 11 Home ¦ Z790 AORUS Elite AX motherboard ¦ i7-13700K ¦ 64GB Corsair Vengeance DDR5 memory @ 5600MHz ¦ Samsung 990 Pro 1TB SSD for OS, Samsung 980 Pro 2TB SSD for DCS ¦ MSI GeForce RTX 4090 Gaming X Trio 24GB ¦ Virpil WarBRD base with VFX grip, Thrustmaster A10c and F/A-18 grips ¦ VKB Gunfighter Mk4 and MCG Pro ¦ Thrustmaster Warthog Throttle ¦ VKB STECS Throttle ¦ Virpil TCS rotor base with Shark and AH-64D  grips ¦ MFG Crosswinds ¦ Total Controls Multi-Function Button Box ¦ Pimax Crystal

Have you also set the custom path in DCS config and checked the OB box if you are on OB - this clears it for me (assuming you are seeing the menu flashing on and off)

That did it.

Thanks.

To be clear, what should the "Custom Path" setting be?

• Check box Checked or not?
  • Path set to DCS OB Folder or DCS OB .exe?
  • OB box checked or not?

That particular setting is confusing. If I'm setting the path to OB why the OB check box? What's the setting checkbox for?

I set all boxes checked, and path to folder. All seems to be working.

Edited by SGT Coyle

Night Ops in the Harrier

IYAOYAS

Glad it sorted it

The path should be to the root folder of your DCS installation (mine is E:\Games\Eagle Dynamics\DCS World OpenBeta

The flag is because you can install your DCS into a folder wherever you like and call it what you like. Check the box if it is an OB install and not if it is stable (although there might be some funny inverse setting on steam)

Windows 11 Home ¦ Z790 AORUS Elite AX motherboard ¦ i7-13700K ¦ 64GB Corsair Vengeance DDR5 memory @ 5600MHz ¦ Samsung 990 Pro 1TB SSD for OS, Samsung 980 Pro 2TB SSD for DCS ¦ MSI GeForce RTX 4090 Gaming X Trio 24GB ¦ Virpil WarBRD base with VFX grip, Thrustmaster A10c and F/A-18 grips ¦ VKB Gunfighter Mk4 and MCG Pro ¦ Thrustmaster Warthog Throttle ¦ VKB STECS Throttle ¦ Virpil TCS rotor base with Shark and AH-64D  grips ¦ MFG Crosswinds ¦ Total Controls Multi-Function Button Box ¦ Pimax Crystal

Glad it sorted it

The path should be to the root folder of your DCS installation (mine is E:\Games\Eagle Dynamics\DCS World OpenBeta

The flag is because you can install your DCS into a folder wherever you like and call it what you like. Check the box if it is an OB install and not if it is stable (although there might be some funny inverse setting on steam)

inverse setting worked for me (un-ticked). My DCS is the standard non-steam version.

~Redtail~

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

• 3 weeks later...

Does anyone know what the OB box actually does? Is it just telling VP which Saved Games folder it should be looking for or is there something more? There seems to be a bit of voodoo involved with flicking it on or off to get this working properly in the last few months.

CPU:5600X | GPU:RTX2080 | RAM:32GB | Disk:860EVOm.2

Remember you‘all need to do it after each DCS update as well.

MSI M5 z270 | Intel i5 7600k (OC) 4.8GHz | MSI GTX1080ti Gaming X 11Gb | 500gb Samsung 970 Evo NVME M.2 (DCS World) | 500gb Samsung 850 Evo SSD (OS and Apps) | 32Gb 2400MHz DDR4 - Crucial Ballistix | Be Quiet Silent Loop 240mm | NZXT H440 case |

Thrustmaster Warthog - 47608 with Virpil Mongoose joystick base | MFG Crosswinds - 1241 | Westland Lynx collective with Bodnar X board | Pilot's seat from ZH832 Merlin | JetSeat | Oculus Rift S | Windows 10 | VA |

Does anyone know what the OB box actually does? Is it just telling VP which Saved Games folder it should be looking for or is there something more? There seems to be a bit of voodoo involved with flicking it on or off to get this working properly in the last few months.

It should be, but ED changed the way some of the comms elements worked moving from 2.5.5 to 2.5.6 so there are different setups required from VAICOM at the moment depending on which version people are using (and seemingly whether it is Steam or standalone) - should be back to normal when stable eventually gets an update