Swapping HardDrives

Good Lord, are joo zerious?!?

I just installed an Aourus 1tb for things like DCS and... well that's as far I'm willing to go just now. But I basically had the same question. I'll give that a go.

So just copy the program files/dcs folder over and change the shortcut? ok

Good Lord, are joo zerious?!?

I just installed an Aourus 1tb for things like DCS and... well that's as far I'm willing to go just now. But I basically had the same question. I'll give that a go.

So just copy the program files/dcs folder over and change the shortcut? ok

Yes for sure. It's not supported by ED I believe but it works perfectly. This way it is easy to create more than one installation on your computer so you can have different version without downloading everything again. But I guess ED like everyone to make regular installs, that is what they program for. :)

EDIT: The first installation needs to be a regular installation but you can select a different folder structure there also.

Edited by HiJack

Yes for sure. It's not supported by ED I believe but it works perfectly. This way it is easy to create more than one installation on your computer so you can have different version without downloading everything again. But I guess ED like everyone to make regular installs, that is what they program for. :)

EDIT: The first installation needs to be a regular installation but you can select a different folder structure there also.

I think you saved me hours of install time bud, thank you!. copied it all over to the new nvme and it seems to work fine.:cheer3nc:

1) what about when I update to the new open betas? I guess it just reads it from the new ssd as that's where I'm starting the proggy from.