A Good Microphone for Online playing

Hi All,

I really hope i am posting this in the correct forum. I would like to seek your advise from anyone with regards to a good mic instead of a headphone with a mic attached. Reason for this is because i do have a relatively a good 5.1 system which is digital output from my creative sound card. As i am intending to fly online and i don't want to use a headphone but use the sound system i have and listen to the conversations over the 5.1 setup. Is there any way i can use mic only with my setup? Any suggestions are most welcome and appreciated.

Thank you

If you want Peace, be prepared to fight for it ! :pilotfly:

I think I read the OP wrong, you could just get a desktop mic..

Edited by The_Nephilim

ASRock Z590 Phantom Gaming 4/AC / Intel i7 10700K @ 5.1Ghz / Noctua DHS-14 Heatsinkw/Fan /  Samsung 970plus m.2 1TB  /  eVGA FTW3 2080Ti /  RipJaws - 64GB RAM @3200  /  SoundBlaster Z  / Reverb G2 VR /  ThrustMaster HOTAS Cougar & MFD's / Buttkicker Gamer 2

Regardless of mic , i wonder how you are going to sound with the speakers going .

9700k @ stock , Aorus Pro Z390 wifi , 32gb 3200 mhz CL16 , 1tb EVO 970 , MSI RX 6800XT Gaming X TRIO , Seasonic Prime 850w Gold , Coolermaster H500m , Noctua NH-D15S , CH Pro throttle and T50CM2/WarBrD base on Foxxmounts , CH pedals , Reverb G2v2

How about a necktie microphone you can clip to your shirts collar? I use the Rode Lavalier GO and absolutely happy with it. Rode produces professional microphones for music and TV studios and their quality is superb. However, the quality displays the prices. Rode microphones aren't cheap, but provide excellent sound/speak quality. The Lavalier GO is one of their less expensive mics and is at 70€ (~80 US$) over here.

Btw, why do you want to have the conversation on your speakers? I use my 5.1 system only for envroinment sound effects, like engines, detonations etc. and have warning sounds, radio and voice chat on my headphones. With voice chat on your speakers, you might get reaction coupling messing up your conversations.

Phanteks EvolvX / Win 11 / i9 12900K / MSI Z690 Carbon / MSI Suprim RTX 3090 / 64GB G.Skill Trident Z  DDR5-6000 / 1TB PCIe 4.0 NVMe SSD / 2TB PCIe 3.0 NVMe SSD / 2TB SATA SSD / 1TB SATA SSD / Alphacool Eisbaer Aurora Pro 360 / beQuiet StraightPower 1200W

RSEAT S1 / VPC T50 CM2 + 300mm extension + Realsimulator F18 CGRH / VPC WarBRD + TM Warthog grip / WinWing F/A-18 Super Taurus / 4x TM Cougar MFD / TM TPR / HP Reverb G2

Hi All,

You guys are all correct. I didn't consider the sound of the voice communication over the speakers while i fly with all the other sound effect in game will distort the comms. As such, what would you recommend i do and if headphones is the only way forward, what headphones would you recommend (Wireless) for this?

Thank you

Regards

Depends on what you want. I personally prefer headphones that have no microphone (wich is why i use a separate necktie mic), since these are mostly meant to listen to music/watch movies and therefor have excellent hi-fi sound quality. Also i'm using it not only for DCS/PC games, but for watching movies and listening to music as well (as intended), wich is why i wanted something better than a ordinary gaming headphone. I got the beyerdynamic Aventho, wich is a great "on ear" wireless headphone. The beyerdynamic Lagoon is a very good "over ear" headphone, also wireless. But these two are propably a bit overkill for only DCS, as both are 380€ and 400€. Well i guess that's the price if stuff is not made in China, as beyerdynamic produces in germany. But if you buy cheap (made in China), you'll buy twice.

Phanteks EvolvX / Win 11 / i9 12900K / MSI Z690 Carbon / MSI Suprim RTX 3090 / 64GB G.Skill Trident Z  DDR5-6000 / 1TB PCIe 4.0 NVMe SSD / 2TB PCIe 3.0 NVMe SSD / 2TB SATA SSD / 1TB SATA SSD / Alphacool Eisbaer Aurora Pro 360 / beQuiet StraightPower 1200W

RSEAT S1 / VPC T50 CM2 + 300mm extension + Realsimulator F18 CGRH / VPC WarBRD + TM Warthog grip / WinWing F/A-18 Super Taurus / 4x TM Cougar MFD / TM TPR / HP Reverb G2

Hi VpR81,

Saw the price of the headphones you mentioned and boy its expensive. I'm sure the sound is awesome but unfortunately i can't afford that price for an headphone. I will probably look for something within my budget. Thank you again for the suggestions.

Regards

Yes, pretty expensive for "ordinary" headphones, but still not the top notch. The sound quality is excellent and the best for headphones i ever experienced. But as i said, pretty much overkill for only playing PC games. I used to make hardtechno with turntables in younger days and my affinity for sound quality is a leftover from these years. Otherwise, i wouldn't spend that much money for a headphone as well, i guess. Sennheiser is also a very good manufactor for headphones and i think they have a few headphones below 100$. Maybe you wanna take a look at their products. Not sure if Beyerdynamic has headphones in that price range, but is propably worth a google search.

Good luck with your decision!

Cheers

Will do Sir. Thank you again. Really appreciate your time.

Regards

Yes, pretty expensive for "ordinary" headphones, but still not the top notch. The sound quality is excellent and the best for headphones i ever experienced. But as i said, pretty much overkill for only playing PC games. I used to make hardtechno with turntables in younger days and my affinity for sound quality is a leftover from these years. Otherwise, i wouldn't spend that much money for a headphone as well, i guess. Sennheiser is also a very good manufactor for headphones and i think they have a few headphones below 100$. Maybe you wanna take a look at their products. Not sure if Beyerdynamic has headphones in that price range, but is propably worth a google search.

Good luck with your decision!

Cheers

Not a problem. On holiday this week, so got plenty of time :)