Producer's notes yet?

leafer

my gears are:

AMD X2 3800+

Kingstone DDR667 1GB with Kingmax DDR667 1GB Duo Channel

ATi 1950GT with 256MB GRAM @ 500MHz Core and 1400MHz GRAM

WD 80GB SATAquote]

the AMD 2x 3800+ is a ok chip. I know I took mine out for a 4800+ and added another GB of kingston DDR2 6400 800mh everything runs much smother now. All I need to do is get a Geforc 8800 GT. Once I have that I will have no prob running BS whin it comes out. running a ATI 1300Pro is ok for now my CPU is taking up the slack for now.

Home built PC Win 10 Pro 64bit, MB ASUS Z170 WS, 6700K, EVGA 1080Ti Hybrid, 32GB DDR4 3200, Thermaltake 120x360 RAD, Custom built A-10C sim pit, TM WARTHOG HOTAS, Cougar MFD's, 3D printed UFC and Saitek rudders. HTC VIVE VR.

https://digitalcombatmercenaries.enjin.com/

my gears are:

AMD X2 3800+

Kingstone DDR667 1GB with Kingmax DDR667 1GB Duo Channel

ATi 1950GT with 256MB GRAM @ 500MHz Core and 1400MHz GRAM

WD 80GB SATAquote]

the AMD 2x 3800+ is a ok chip. I know I took mine out for a 4800+ and added another GB of kingston DDR2 6400 800mh everything runs much smother now. All I need to do is get a Geforc 8800 GT. Once I have that I will have no prob running BS whin it comes out. running a ATI 1300Pro is ok for now my CPU is taking up the slack for now.

If it was me, I will get an Intel 45nm E8400 for DCS. In fact I think a 1950GT with 512MB RAM will be enough for DCS, but my 1950GT has only 256MB RAM

RTX 3070

I am sure whin they went to DX9 they found quite a few more problems. may take thim a bit to straiten it out. Coding is not easy.:book:

Home built PC Win 10 Pro 64bit, MB ASUS Z170 WS, 6700K, EVGA 1080Ti Hybrid, 32GB DDR4 3200, Thermaltake 120x360 RAD, Custom built A-10C sim pit, TM WARTHOG HOTAS, Cougar MFD's, 3D printed UFC and Saitek rudders. HTC VIVE VR.

https://digitalcombatmercenaries.enjin.com/

Quoting Wags from this very thread:

The good news is that in the last build we changed the render from DX8 to DX9 to primarily solve the full shadow setting issue. ... So while not out of the question, please don’t automatically expect new explosion, fire and smoke effects just yet.
Moving to DX9 was necessary to fix the full shadow issue. What other changes or improvements the move may bring we don't know yet - perhaps none.

- EB

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Nothing is easy. Everything takes much longer.

The Parable of Jane's A-10

Forum Rules

Moving to DX9 was necessary to fix the full shadow issue. What other changes or improvements the move may bring we don't know yet - perhaps none.

perhaps more then you dont know it will

• Like 1

The only way to make sense out of change is to plunge into it, move with it, and join the dance.

"Me, the 13th Duke of Wybourne, here on the ED forums at 3 'o' clock in the morning, with my reputation. Are they mad.."

https://ko-fi.com/joey45

Is self-shadowing rendered on more then 1 object now?

51PVO Founding member (DEC2007-)

100KIAP Founding member (DEC2018-)

:: Shaman aka [100☭] Shamansky

tail# 44 or 444

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC] 100KIAP Regiment Early Warning & Control officer

• ED Team

Hmm, good question.

I think that "Full shadows" option should now be applied to EVERYTHING close to the camera up to a certain point. Wouldn't this be a better solution, than just have the "active object" self-shadow?

Not now. I don't know if that might change. Remember, the move to DX9 is primarily about addressing an issue, not adding features, though I too hope it expands to that as well. :)

No new producers note for two weeks, no answer, no new BS built - no fix for full shadows and z-fighting yet I am afraid.
Indeed, we are still on the intermittent DX9 beta and likely will be into February. I think everyone involved is very focused on trying to finish the project and get it out to market. Although we are in the final stretch of development, a number of components are still being finalized, including the ME, campaign system, MP code, some new AI routines and the move to DX9. We are reluctant to describe in detail any features that might still change and would rather wait until the graphics engine is running stable before making any new videos. If you have specific questions, we're still here and will answer as best we can for the moment. Hopefully, some screenshots and maybe another write-up will go up soon if we can't put together a video.

- EB

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Nothing is easy. Everything takes much longer.

The Parable of Jane's A-10

Forum Rules

If you have specific questions, we're still here and will answer as best we can for the moment. Hopefully, some screenshots and maybe another write-up will go up soon if we can't put together a video.

Will ED release black shark as a flyable for Flaming cliffs ? As an included item in a patch to bring new life into flaming cliffs or maybe as an additional payware add on ?

Will ED release black shark as a flyable for Flaming cliffs ? As an included item in a patch to bring new life into flaming cliffs or maybe as an additional payware add on ?

Not to speak for ED, but I don't think that will happen, maybe somebody working for or with ED can answer better than me sorry. I believe this has been ask and answer many times in different threads on the forums. Hell, I think the first question on the FAQ section, found here:http://www.digitalcombatsimulator.com/index.php?end_pos=718&scr=default&lang=en

answer that issue. Just saying.

To whom it may concern,

I am an idiot, unfortunately for the world, I have a internet connection and a fondness for beer....apologies for that.

Thank you for you patience.

Many people don't want the truth, they want constant reassurance that whatever misconception/fallacies they believe in are true..

By the way thanks for the info EvilBivol-1

To whom it may concern,

I am an idiot, unfortunately for the world, I have a internet connection and a fondness for beer....apologies for that.

Thank you for you patience.

Many people don't want the truth, they want constant reassurance that whatever misconception/fallacies they believe in are true..

Remember, the move to DX9 is primarily about addressing an issue, not adding features, though I too hope it expands to that as well. :)

Indeed, we are still on the intermittent DX9 beta and likely will be into February.

the move to DX9. We are reluctant to describe in detail any features that might still change and would rather wait until the graphics engine is running stable before making any new videos.

But BS wansn´t made with a new code?

Greetings