Progress pictures on the Eurofighter Typhoon

DashTrueGrit

Perhaps. But a quick look at actual first announcements, compared with actual release dates, and those not yet even released suggest that it may not be "nonsense" at all.

Add to that the Phantom being finished before they really  start heavy work on the Euro, that could mean 6 months from now all by itself. Maybe.mSure, it might be finished before my guess. Maybe. 

BTW: all more than 3 years:

Corsair, uncertain of exact project start as a simple search didn't offer clear indications. But great screenshots of Corsair development were shown in December 2017:

Kiowa OH-58D Announcement , December 11, 2019, so 3.5 years  now

Hornet, I think in another thread I calculated 5 years

Strike Eagle, a very long time. Some say they made a semi-official announcement more than a decade before it appeared. I don't know how accurate that information is, I kinda doubt they were working full steam for all that time, and don't know when they DID make it a full-progress project... but it's been certainly 3 years or more.

I'm guessing the complexity of systems in the Euro is on par with the Hornet and Strike Eagle, yet more complex than the Kiowa or Corsair. Certainly an additional layer of complexity is that the Eurofighter has many weapons unique to it,  not seen in any other DCS module before. ASRAAM, Meteor, Storm Shadow, Brimstone, ALARM and probably others I'm forgetting or don't know about. That all requires sourcing of data, research the data, crunch it into data relevant for DCS use, and then coding it all. For each of those missiles. Then there is the tactical datalink systems. Heat will need to figure that out too.

Edited by Rick50
  • Like 3

On 8/18/2023 at 11:12 AM, Zhavok said:

Sorry, but three years is just nonsense. 2024, maximum 2025.

I would very much like for you to be right ... however, I'm not that confident.

Take this very own thread (progress pictures) for instance - itself isn't showing that much progress, is it ?

Hangar
FC3 | F-14A/B | F-16C | F/A-18C | MiG-21bis | Mirage 2000C ... ... JA 37 | Kfir | MiG-23 | Mirage IIIE
Mi-8 MTV2

system
i7-4790 K , 16 GB DDR3 , GTX 1660 Ti 6GB , Samsung 860 QVO 1TB

36 minutes ago, Top Jockey said:

Take this very own thread (progress pictures) for instance - itself isn't showing that much progress, is it ?

DashTrueGrit started this thread more than three years ago:

"Posted April 26, 2020"

• Like 3

On 8/19/2023 at 10:58 PM, Top Jockey said:

I would very much like for you to be right ... however, I'm not that confident.

Once more, I'd like to watch out for my fellow fans and their mental health and point out that lack of progress pictures doesn't mean lack of progress. It literally just allows one conclusion: Nobody posted more pictures. That's the only definitive statement that can be drawn out of it. HB is very transparent about everything they do And if you follow their posts, you'll find out that they are actually very busy people, and it seems that a lot of the things they do is also furthering the production of other aircraft. Background stuff we don't care about. That's the problem, they still have to do that background stuff, precisely so we don't have to care about it. But it's invisible work. Feels frustrating if you're hawking for progress. But that's my take on it, so I work on managing my expectations. 🙂

So, Typhoon is creeping along while they get the Phantom into a state that's not entirely embarrassing (which I assume is their actual metric "Let's not embarrass ourselves at least, alright?" for Early Access haha, j/k).

On the flip side, speculating about 3 or 4 years until release... that's just torturing oneself. Personally - I'm not going to tell you how to manage your expectations - but I like to just go by "stuff has to happen before Typhoon" and that's the only state I need to know for now.

Nothing that happens in this thread or any other thread posted by users will make the Typhoon come faster or slower.

/ramble

• Like 2

http://www.csg-2.net/ | i7 7700k - NVIDIA 1080 - 32GB RAM | BKR!

Heatblur is not in the "vaporware business". They've proven themselves over and over and over again to make outstanding modules that work very well, fix bugs quickly, and produce amazing and beautify products for us to enjoy. They are the ones with the tough part: making amazing products, while we have the easy job of saving up and waiting until it's available! \

Also, True Grit seems to be ambitious, yet also seems to have gotten all sorts of connections and resources that are almost bordering on "magical", a great partner to make this complex project have a high probability of success.

I don't know what it's like in that industry, but I imagine that fixing some "bugs" might be a bit of a nightmare for the coders and devs to get done.

I myself have some impatience for this product... I REALLY need to be flying this amazing jet through the mountains of Norway, doing SEAD strikes... while listening to early 90's ambient music, DID style!! Indeed that sim game was my first combat flight sim, and I almost didn't buy it, thinking it would be too complex. And once installed, it WAS too complex for me. Just flew in circles until I crashed, the first week. But I did enjoy the flying bit. And then I started to read the manual more, bit by bit. Did the training exercises over and over. Asked questions from a buddy that knew some things about air combat that I was unaware of. By month 3 I was flying full mission profiles in the campaign... I really hope Orbx can deliver when HB gives us the "Phoon", and that maybe Orbx can possibly eventually make/ include Norway/Sweden in a future map to bolt onto the Kola map!!!!  

But I too need to have patience! 

MV5BMmM2NGQzZTAtMDY4ZS00YzA3LWJhZDEtODc2NDExMGM4MDUwXkEyXkFqcGdeQXVyODQ0OTczOQ@@._V1_FMjpg_UX1000_.jpg

• Like 2

Am 22.8.2023 um 20:33 schrieb Rick50:

Also, True Grit seems to be ambitious, yet also seems to have gotten all sorts of connections and resources that are almost bordering on "magical", a great partner to make this complex project have a high probability of success.

I mean Gero Finke is also the CEO of Adams Simulation and Training, which already developed a Eurofighter for MCS (the Prosumer version of DCS) being used by the Luftwaffe as a part task trainer. On top of that they're also currently developing a Eurofighter for NOR. 

And we also shouldn't forget that besides Gero the Truegrit Team mostly consists of former Eurofighter Pilots and Maintenance personnel. 

• Like 1

45 minutes ago, MRTX said:

I mean Gero Finke is also the CEO of Adams Simulation and Training, which already developed a Eurofighter for MCS (the Prosumer version of DCS) being used by the Luftwaffe as a part task trainer. On top of that they're also currently developing a Eurofighter for NOR. 

And we also shouldn't forget that besides Gero the Truegrit Team mostly consists of former Eurofighter Pilots and Maintenance personnel. 

I didn’t know they did NOROFIGHTER as well good to know.

vor 28 Minuten schrieb F-2:

I didn’t know they did NOROFIGHTER as well good to know.

Yeah, the Eurofighter seen in the NOR AAR video is the one from Adams Simulation and Training (although its obviously still in the early stages of development).

• Like 1

IndiaFoxtEcho is developing a Eurofighter for MSFS, but the important thing is: They use a model from TrueGrit, so I think it is possible our DCS-Eurofighter-Cockpit could look like that:

https://www.facebook.com/photo/?fbid=773440944785728&set=pcb.773446841451805&__cft__[0]=AZUqS6FCjeyXjsz5TA1Zo8nGaWev5JcJM3B6_tZsY1U0GRa3kYVjx8U1LD2JDD3_dtq14IQNzHBeraQx1iujr19HUZSdG5RtM8uSwaIl0tB3QdUz9nx1qG3TaJ2uw2HnIBgtqfpcXSOgI-xTgVqXWMKLyo7dg1GePv6pV8K3TWK2zTFAexa3xLwICO8yh_Kl14K7c5fc8PPlnXjkEH-TAFfS&__tn__=*bH-R

Edited by Zhavok
  • Like 5

11 hours ago, Zhavok said:

From my understanding they just used the 3d model, all textures etc are made by Dino. They were just using it to get more accurate measurements.

13 hours ago, Toga10 said:

From my understanding they just used the 3d model, all textures etc are made by Dino. They were just using it to get more accurate measurements.

IFE's comment on the facebook post: "The geometry provided by True Grit is extremely accurate, but we may have to slightly rework the textures for Flight Simulator."

I would guess that's in relation to how maps for roughness, metallic etc are handled differently between DCS and MSFS.

• Like 1

Asus Z690 Hero | 12900K | 64GB G.Skill 6000 | 4090FE | Reverb G2 | VPC MongoosT-50CM2 + TM Grips  | Winwing Orion2 Throttle | MFG Crosswind Pedals

• 6 months later...

@Cobra847 I appreciate that you've got your hands full with the impending F4E release, just wondering if there's any possibility that for some of us who are huge Heatblur fans but looking forward to the Eurofighter, we might get a small development update on the Eurofighter at any point in the near future? My most anticipated module by a long shot!

• Like 7

@Cobra847 I appreciate that you've got your hands full with the impending F4E release, just wondering if there's any possibility that for some of us who are huge Heatblur fans but looking forward to the Eurofighter, we might get a small development update on the Eurofighter at any point in the near future? My most anticipated module by a long shot!
Yeah same here, I just hope they'll drop the Phantom soon, so that development can go full steam on the Typhoon
  • Like 4

🖥️ R7-5800X3D 64GB RTX-4090 LG-38GN950  🥽  Valve Index 🕹️ VPForce Rhino FFB, Virpil F-14 (VFX) Grip, Virpil Alpha Grip, Virpil CM3 Throttle + Control Panel 2, Winwing Orion (Skywalker) Pedals, Razer Tartarus V2 💺SpeedMaster Flight Seat, JetSeat

CVW-17_Profile_Background_VF-103.png

On 3/31/2024 at 8:07 AM, VirusAM said:
On 3/31/2024 at 4:05 AM, OldFlyer said:

Yeah same here, I just hope they'll drop the Phantom soon, so that development can go full steam on the Typhoon

Me either. Looking forward for Eurofighter updates !

• Like 1

Me too, waiting for some news on the Eurofighter! Bought the full fat Phantom from Heatblur to give the most support possible. Im not much of a Phantom fan.

• Like 2

Phanteks Enthoo Evolv Tempered Glass, Asus ROG Maximus IX Hero, Intel i7 7700K @ 4.8, Corsair HX 1000i, Nzxt Kraken 62, 32gb DDR4 3000Mhz Corsair Dominator Platinum, Nvme SSD Samsung 960 Evo 1Tb, Asus Strix OC 1080ti, Philips 43" 4K Monitor + 2 x Dell 24" U2414H, Warthog HOTAS, Track IR 5, Obutto R3volution, Buttkicker Gamer 2, MFG Crosswind pedals, Occulus Rift CV1, Windows 10 Pro.

• 3 weeks later...