Progress pictures on the Eurofighter Typhoon

DashTrueGrit

My guess would be that those two big canards make any comparisons pretty irrelevant.

Asus Z690 Hero | 12900K | 64GB G.Skill 6000 | 4090FE | Reverb G2 | VPC MongoosT-50CM2 + TM Grips  | Winwing Orion2 Throttle | MFG Crosswind Pedals

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
On 1/22/2021 at 8:28 PM, Brun said:

My guess would be that those two big canards make any comparisons pretty irrelevant.

Fun fact, they're not Canards. They're foreplanes as they can move independently, Canards can't. 

• Like 2

11 hours ago, -Matt- said:

Fun fact, they're not Canards. They're foreplanes as they can move independently, Canards can't. 

I think you'll find that terminology over time internationally has been much looser. There have been a bunch of 'flying wings' with tail-planes (i.e. it often meant 'lifting body') etc. etc.

• Like 2

On 3/13/2021 at 9:53 AM, Weasel said:

Why it shouldn‘t? Just because there is no news for the last 3 months. I am sure there will be news if they will have something to tell or show us

yh but id still like see more pics of the moduel. i honestly cant wait for it 😁

7 hours ago, Slant said:

I would be very surprised if it comes in 2021. Or heck, even 2022. Be patient, folks. DCS modules are notoriously behind schedule because they are hard to make. The fidelity required is quite difficult to achieve. 🙂

Just to avoid any misunderstandings: There is no schedule for the Eurofighter yet.

• Like 2

Intel i7-12700K @ 8x5GHz+4x3.8GHz + 32 GB DDR5 RAM + Nvidia Geforce RTX 2080 (8 GB VRAM) + M.2 SSD + Windows 10 64Bit

DCS Panavia Tornado (IDS) really needs to be a thing!

Tornado3 small.jpg

1 hour ago, QuiGon said:

Just to avoid any misunderstandings: There is no schedule for the Eurofighter yet.

Indeed, but we can speculate 🙂

With the quality of TrueGrit's team, from coders to SME's, and knowing now that they look to focus on Air to Air only for Early Access, i would say that end Q4 2022 latest looks achievable.

Depends how deep they will go with avionics for Early Access.

Would be nice to get some regular WIP pictures though (like a monthly pic), like updated external model pics, or some WIP of systems/avionics.

13 minutes ago, Steph21 said:

Indeed, but we can speculate 🙂

With the quality of TrueGrit's team, from coders to SME's, and knowing now that they look to focus on Air to Air only for Early Access, i would say that end Q4 2022 latest looks achievable.

Of course we can speculate and I very much doubt that a release in 2022 is possible.

• Like 1

Intel i7-12700K @ 8x5GHz+4x3.8GHz + 32 GB DDR5 RAM + Nvidia Geforce RTX 2080 (8 GB VRAM) + M.2 SSD + Windows 10 64Bit

Tornado3 small.jpg

Just now, TLTeo said:

In order to speculate you need information. We don't really have enough.

Oh, there is quite a bit of information on the current state of development out there! Some of it is only available in German though, like this interview: https://cruiselevel.de/2020/11/21/die-simulanten-episode-7-eurofighter-truegrit

:sad:

Tornado3 small.jpg

7 hours ago, QuiGon said:

Agreed, I merely wanted to point out early that expectation management is going to be important for this. We're all waiting, but it'll be a long haul. Maybe I shouldn't have used years as an example, but I hope people are smart enough to see that I was merely talking in hypotheticals. I agree that 2022 seems unlikely. Personally, I think 2023 is within the realm of the possible, though.

Edited by Slant

http://www.csg-2.net/ | i7 7700k - NVIDIA 1080 - 32GB RAM | BKR!

1 hour ago, Slant said:

Agreed, I merely wanted to point out early that expectation management is going to be important for this. We're all waiting, but it'll be a long haul. Maybe I shouldn't have used years as an example, but I hope people are smart enough to see that I was merely talking in hypotheticals. I agree that 2022 seems unlikely. Personally, I think 2023 is within the realm of the possible, though.

I mean... Its just some lines of code and a bit of 3d models. Shouldnt be that hard. So 1st April should be fine for release? 😄

• Like 1

1000 flights, 1000 crashes - perfect record

1 hour ago, Voodoo_One said:

I mean... Its just some lines of code and a bit of 3d models. Shouldnt be that hard. So 1st April should be fine for release? 😄

It's less than two weeks already, outstanding news !

• Like 2

Hangar
FC3 | F-14A/B | F-16C | F/A-18C | MiG-21bis | Mirage 2000C ... ... JA 37 | Kfir | MiG-23 | Mirage IIIE
Mi-8 MTV2

system
i7-4790 K , 16 GB DDR3 , GTX 1660 Ti 6GB , Samsung 860 QVO 1TB