Progress pictures on the Eurofighter Typhoon

DashTrueGrit

Err... that little chap in the background... seems to have the IRST... are you teasing me sir...

SYSTEM SPECS: Hardware Intel Corei7-12700KF @ 5.1/5.3p & 3.8e GHz, 64Gb RAM, 4090 FE, Dell S2716DG, Virpil T50CM3 Throttle, WinWIng Orion 2 & F-16EX + MFG Crosswinds V2, Varjo Aero
SOFTWARE: Microsoft Windows 11, VoiceAttack & VAICOM PRO

1569924735_WildcardsBadgerFAASig.jpg.dbb8c2a337e37c2bfb12855f86d70fd5.jpg

Awesome stuff, I am sure these are just early stage Liveries but there are a few inaccuracies in the RAF 11 Squadron Typhoon decals

https://www.targeta.co.uk/squadronaction_11.htm

Looking awesome though!

Thanks for keeping us updated!

Edited by Miasma
Added link

Awesome stuff, I know that these are very early images but I just wanted to make you aware the 11 squadron tail emblem on the RAF bird is incorrect. That is the 11 squadron emblem but not how it appears on the eurofighter itself.

Thanks for keeping us updated!

Arrr! I be moar excite about yer PIRATE!

new systems are fun!

Happy Sunday guys!

Here are a few NEW pictures on our progress, both interior and exterior.

I will keep this thread going over the next months and continue posting pictures on the progress.

Enjoy,

Dash

Thanks truegrit....i want to sleep for 2 years and wake up the the Typhoon get released.

My jaw is dropping....the interior are really piece of art.

and why no one talked about the pirate in the Raf aircraft?

Edit: apparently many of you already noticed....

Good....

🖥️ R7-5800X3D 64GB RTX-4090 LG-38GN950  🥽  Valve Index 🕹️ VPForce Rhino FFB, Virpil F-14 (VFX) Grip, Virpil Alpha Grip, Virpil CM3 Throttle + Control Panel 2, Winwing Orion (Skywalker) Pedals, Razer Tartarus V2 💺SpeedMaster Flight Seat, JetSeat

CVW-17_Profile_Background_VF-103.png

The cockpit textures look amazing. Especially those glass textures. If we could have these in-game, I think half of the time I'd just be looking at those (yeah, I have a thing for good reflections). Much appreciated, looking forward to more.

The vCVW-17 is looking for Hornet and Tomcat pilots and RIOs. Join the vCVW-17 Discord.

CVW-17_Profile_Background_VFA-34.png

F/A-18C, F-15E, AV-8B, F-16C, JF-17, A-10C/CII, M-2000C, F-14, AH-64D, BS2, UH-1H, P-51D, Sptifire, FC3
-
i9-13900K, 64GB @6400MHz RAM, 4090 Strix OC, Samsung 990 Pro

Looking good. Exterior textures don't look up to par yet with the rest but obviously its WIP.

The skins are pretty accurate for the Typhoon. They are rather smooth and not really much character but the screenshots show this accurately. Take a good look at a real Typhoon not a computer sim one, this is a good job well done

Mizzy.

The skins are pretty accurate for the Typhoon. They are rather smooth and not really much character but the screenshots show this accurately. Take a good look at a real Typhoon not a computer sim one, this is a good job well done

Mizzy.

Except there are loads of innacurcires with the RAF one

They're early WIP pics...

Intel i7-12700K @ 8x5GHz+4x3.8GHz + 32 GB DDR5 RAM + Nvidia Geforce RTX 2080 (8 GB VRAM) + M.2 SSD + Windows 10 64Bit

DCS Panavia Tornado (IDS) really needs to be a thing!

Tornado3 small.jpg

Come on, it is well known that the external model is a just a placeholder. And the textures are not an exception...without the finalized external model it is a waste of time to lose too much time on skins.

The internals are work of art, and i am sure the externals will be the same

🖥️ R7-5800X3D 64GB RTX-4090 LG-38GN950  🥽  Valve Index 🕹️ VPForce Rhino FFB, Virpil F-14 (VFX) Grip, Virpil Alpha Grip, Virpil CM3 Throttle + Control Panel 2, Winwing Orion (Skywalker) Pedals, Razer Tartarus V2 💺SpeedMaster Flight Seat, JetSeat

CVW-17_Profile_Background_VF-103.png

Mizzy.

Just to make it clear, I'm in no way meaning to bash true grit or anything, this is real early days, of course things arent going to be perfect.

But the textures do look a bit flat and without much depth, I have looked at plenty real typhoon pictures dont worry, I know they look pretty smooth. Had a couple fly over me too (havent been at an airshow yet though sadly).

The exterior isnt terrible in any way, its just that the interior exceeds the quality of the exterior right now. Although I'm sure that will change as progress is made.

The lighting could also be the culprit.

Overall I'm just really excited, very much appreciate the progress pictures and just made a little comment.

Edited by Etirion

Come on, it is well known that the external model is a just a placeholder. And the textures are not an exception...without the finalized external model it is a waste of time to lose too much time on skins.

The internals are work of art, and i am sure the externals will be the same

I don't understand why they keep showing that external model as 'work in progress'. It's dreadful, and that's no exaggeration.

Asus Z690 Hero | 12900K | 64GB G.Skill 6000 | 4090FE | Reverb G2 | VPC MongoosT-50CM2 + TM Grips  | Winwing Orion2 Throttle | MFG Crosswind Pedals

The exterior isnt terrible in any way, its just that the interior exceeds the quality of the exterior right now. Although I'm sure that will change as progress is made.

The lighting could also be the culprit.

Overall I'm just really excited, very much appreciate the progress pictures and just made a little comment.

Interior shots seem to be renders - probably from Substance Painter whereas the exterior shots look like in-engine.

So obviously there are differences - maybe people should be aware of that.

Gesendet von meinem ONEPLUS A6013 mit Tapatalk

Guess, they can not visit the UK and take pictures and measurements at the moment? ...but who cares about stickers and emblems at this stage, as long as it gets a working PIRATE? :dunno:

Shagrat

- Flying Sims since 1984 -:pilotfly:

Win 10 | i5 10600K@4.1GHz | 64GB | GeForce RTX 3090 - Asus VG34VQL1B  | TrackIR5 | Simshaker & Jetseat | VPForce Rhino Base & VIRPIL T50 CM2 Stick on 200mm curved extension | VIRPIL T50 CM2 Throttle | VPC Rotor TCS Plus/Apache64 Grip | MFG Crosswind Rudder Pedals | WW Top Gun MIP | a hand made AHCP | 2x Elgato StreamDeck (Buttons galore)

Does anyone have info about the back up instruments gauges ?

I only saw them once in a video game cockpit picture. Is the right-most panel on a swivel ?

The panel is flipped aside and hinged. The back up instruments are standard airspeed, vertical speed and barometric altitude. A mach readout is available as well.