FA-18C project "new level of depth"

Portugal

Col. Bruno "Fonzie" F. (on DCS)

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

"About carrier ops: The younger pilots are still quite capable of holding their heads forward against the forces. The older ones have been doing this too long and know better; sore necks make for poor sleep.'

PC: I7 4790K 4.5ghz | 32GB RAM | Zotac GTX 1080Ti 11Gb DDR5x | Water cooler NZXT AIO x56 | SSD´s | Valve Index.

• 4 months later...
I am testing the new 2020 roughmet. Tried the Navy's unique anti-rust matte paint and aviation duralumin material.

Wow wow! i like it very much! keep up please :) and thank you for this

PS: Sorry if it is a silly question (my knowledge it´s limited in liveries: can i use this roughmet in my personnal liveries so i don´t need to ask you to create others squadron liveries?

Thank you.

F.

Portugal

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

"About carrier ops: The younger pilots are still quite capable of holding their heads forward against the forces. The older ones have been doing this too long and know better; sore necks make for poor sleep.'

PC: I7 4790K 4.5ghz | 32GB RAM | Zotac GTX 1080Ti 11Gb DDR5x | Water cooler NZXT AIO x56 | SSD´s | Valve Index.

It's been a long time, glad you're still working on the Hornet!

As usual, your roughmets and weathering look superb. :thumbup:

I have one question that's been bothering me for a while, tho. Nearly all Hornets that comes up on Google Images are really bright with a blue tint. Yours, on the other hand, are much darker and almost completely gray. I'm not saying it's a bad thing, or anything. It's just surprisingly different from the "average Hornet". And I wonder why? :)

- Dmitriy

Wow wow! i like it very much! keep up please :) and thank you for this

PS: Sorry if it is a silly question (my knowledge it´s limited in liveries: can i use this roughmet in my personnal liveries so i don´t need to ask you to create others squadron liveries?

Thank you.

F.

roughmet file can be applied to all livery if the file name is the same in lua.:smilewink:

It's been a long time, glad you're still working on the Hornet!

As usual, your roughmets and weathering look superb. :thumbup:

I have one question that's been bothering me for a while, tho. Nearly all Hornets that comes up on Google Images are really bright with a blue tint. Yours, on the other hand, are much darker and almost completely gray. I'm not saying it's a bad thing, or anything. It's just surprisingly different from the "average Hornet". And I wonder why? :)

Yes. Yor are right. The hornet (legacy too) is a two-tone camouflage, and the upper part is greenish blue. :smilewink: i will change it

https://www.navy.mil/Resources/Photo...to/2002365909/

roughmet file can be applied to all livery if the file name is the same in lua.:smilewink:

I imagined that but i rather trust in your knowledge :)

Thank you for the info and liverie!

Portugal

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Thank you. Downloaded! great work (and tried the roughmet in my liveries and it´s great too) :)

Portugal

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Thank you! This is such a beautiful skin that I started messing with descriptions and applying roughmets for the first time! The results are better than default, but all the "dirt" is in the DIFF.dds files. I was wondering if it's possible to separate the dirt from the livery in another layer (I use photoshop) in order to add that layer to other (skins) DIFF.dds..

Thank you! This is such a beautiful skin that I started messing with descriptions and applying roughmets for the first time! The results are better than default, but all the "dirt" is in the DIFF.dds files. I was wondering if it's possible to separate the dirt from the livery in another layer (I use photoshop) in order to add that layer to other (skins) DIFF.dds..

To edit the layer, you need to open the PSD template and edit it.

Or open dds and duplicate the pixel with stamp tool directly

Thank you for the amazing service you do for the community as stated above! :)

Portugal

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

I installed like the others Hornet cockpit liveries that i have but any clue for missing textures?

Thank you.

Screen_201105_213754.thumb.jpg.43c7cc4748f4f8367759c21eab8e130c.jpg

Portugal

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]