Starting Custom Missions Outside of the Plane

Odin386

Hi all, Chris the newbie here. Been trying to create custom missions using the Mission Editor. I'm making progress but I'm still stuck on one problem. After I've created a mission and I start it, I find myself outside looking in a flying P51. How do I start a mission in the plane either on the ground or in the air.

What am I missing? I really love the challenge and complexity of this simulator but I'd be lost without the occasional input from you guys.

Thanks

Hi and Welcome! This same thing got me at first too. when you click on the aircraft icon and the aircraft properties page appears, pick the plane you want to fly, then click on the skill level field. pick "player" for single player missions, or "client" to build multiplayer missions, or to add several different planes to the same single player mission. the other, i.e. average, high, poor, etc. are for the AI wingmen or flights.

hope this helps, let us know how you are making out

We are Virtual Pilots, a growing International Squad of pilots, we fly Allies in WWII and Red Force in Korea and Modern combat. We are recruiting like minded people of all Nationalities and skill levels.

http://virtual-pilots.com/

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Glad to be of any help. the mission editor is a little frustrating at first, but it really is not that hard once you get used to it. if you have any other questions, feel free to ask, someone will help you.

We are Virtual Pilots, a growing International Squad of pilots, we fly Allies in WWII and Red Force in Korea and Modern combat. We are recruiting like minded people of all Nationalities and skill levels.

http://virtual-pilots.com/

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

I don't have "Player" as an option in the Skill window, only Average, Good, High, Exellent, Random and Client. Do I have to create a player in the logbook? When I try to do this I don't see the option for creating a new player.