No pilot body for the MiG-21?

Really thought I've seen it on YT video's in the past, but now I can't find it in the control section, neither is it on by default.

If there isn't, are there plans to add it in the near future?

Asking, because if there isn't and will never be a VR pilot body for this module, I can cross this bird from my potential buying list :)

• Like 2

System specs:

i7-8700K @stock speed - GTX 1080TI @ stock speed - AsRock Extreme4 Z370 - 32GB DDR4 @3GHz- HP Reverb v2 - Saitek Pro pedals - TM Warthog HOTAS - TM F/A-18 Grip - TM Cougar HOTAS (NN-Dan mod) & (throttle standalone mod) - Pointctrl & aux banks <-- must have for VR users!! - Andre's SimShaker Jetpad - Fully adjustable DIY playseat - VA+VAICOM

~ No war today... the enemy just called in sick ~ GUMMBAH

You can read forum for same question. It will be one time.

But there is no "VR bodies" here. Just a body with HOTAS. As I know, or at least on that time when me tried "bodies" in other modules, you will have body that will hold hotas + 2 actual hands that will be your sensor hands - looks stoopid when you put touch controllers on table and have 4 hands.

My opinion body is no need in VR, you will still need your stick, throttle and pedals and you need to be a geek to adjust them to same place and with Oculus Touch you will need to think where to put your "hands" when you holding real stick. If fuel tank jettison button will be somewhere else I likely to turn off stick aswel.

This is simulator of MiG21 - not a simolator of MiG21 pilot and it does it's job well!!!

And defenetly bodiy is less needed than a proper blody cockpit model that have no holes in it and have more than just wings without plane body when you look outside of the cabin.

Wait till 75% discount this module is worth 11£ no more on this state for VR experience.

Still worth 40 quid for monitor flyin but compaign makes no sense and shows no knowledge about how you should effectively use your MiG21.

Edited by Skopikus

I probably didn't understand everything you just said. But I don't have any intention of using VR (touch) controllers in DCS (I have PointCTRL for that).

I merely wish to know if the MiG-21 cockpit will stay "empty" and with that, will keep me feel like my arms and legs are amputated when I sit in it..

But after doing a little more searching in this sub-forum, I guess the answer is no... no VR pilot body is to be expected..

Ah well.. plenty of other great DCS modules out there :)

• Like 1

System specs:

i7-8700K @stock speed - GTX 1080TI @ stock speed - AsRock Extreme4 Z370 - 32GB DDR4 @3GHz- HP Reverb v2 - Saitek Pro pedals - TM Warthog HOTAS - TM F/A-18 Grip - TM Cougar HOTAS (NN-Dan mod) & (throttle standalone mod) - Pointctrl & aux banks <-- must have for VR users!! - Andre's SimShaker Jetpad - Fully adjustable DIY playseat - VA+VAICOM

~ No war today... the enemy just called in sick ~ GUMMBAH

AFAIK pilot body is planned with the new cockpit, I could be wrong though.

I think they mentioned that it would come with that yes, so probably after the F4U

New hotness: I7 9700k 4.8ghz, 32gb ddr4, 2080ti, :joystick: TM Warthog. TrackIR, HP Reverb (formermly CV1)

Old-N-busted: i7 4720HQ ~3.5GHZ, +32GB DDR3 + Nvidia GTX980m (4GB VRAM) :joystick: TM Warthog. TrackIR, Rift CV1 (yes really).

• 6 months later...
  • 2 months later...

I’ve asked a few times via their website but never get a reply. I love the 21 but only fly in VR so I no longer fly it. Unfortunately it will stop me buying the Corsair as well.  As said there are other modules that have a VR pilot and I use them. Some people will think it’s insane but it is something that has become a real immersion breaker for me and I just can’t fly without thinking about it. I don’t have the space and can’t justify the expense of a home pit so VR for me is a much cheaper but also really enjoyable and immersive experience. But after investing a lot with jetseat all my Hotas and pedals etc I don’t want immersion broken by looking down and seeing an empty chair. If people feel it’s not necessary that’s fair enough normally they are users in 2d not always, but that’s their opinion and I have mine and my own feelings on the subject. The developers of course are entitled to not develop it. In which case there is nothing I can do, I just won’t buy the modules. That’s not out of spite, it’s just that I know I wont use them. It would just be nice to have confirmation either way if it’s being done or not from the magnitude devs. 

• Like 4

harrier landing GIFRYZEN 7 3700X Running at 4.35 GHz

NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1080Ti

32gb DDR4 RAM @3200 MHz

Oculus CV1 NvME 970 EVO

TM Warthog Stick & Throttle plus 11" extension. VKB T-Rudder MKIV

I fully agree.

I check every single OB update for the implementation of any pilotbody. For the MiG-21, the F-14, F-16 or the A-10. 

I like the P-47 but i hesitated to buy it - until the last update when the pilotbody was implemented.

I know that a lot of people don't use it because it can hide some instruments or panels therefore they don't need or want it (even though you can switch it on and off as you need). That's the reason why they don't want the developers to waste time and manpower to develope a pilotbody instead of solving bugs and implementing other features. That's ok and i totally understand that but it's odd to look down and see an empty cockpit. It's just not natural.

Imagine you wouldn't see a pilot sitting in the cockpit when you change to the "F2" view .... i bet a bunch of people would be pretty upset.

It's a bit strange to me that a lot of people don't care about an emty cockpit ("F1" view) while spending about 95% of a flight inside the cockpit while an empty cockpit in the external view would be a nogo.

• Like 3

I told it once I will repeat it again. I'm not on this threds popular side but I tried body on other modules and it was even more weird: I had body that was holding stick and throttle and I had my touch controlled hands.

I bet that would take a huge amount of work to make body that will exploit ability of newer VR sets with full body motion tracking. And if you do not use full motion tracking you will see that weird movement of your arms you have in VR games. If you use something like mouse or other ways to click your cockpit stuff - that will even more make that weird when your hand stay on stick, but your switches and buttons moves.

My opinion having no virtual body makes it more immersive than having alien body that moves in strange ways. But for flat screen simers it can add some immersion me think. 

Edited by Skopikus
On 1/23/2021 at 10:47 PM, Skopikus said:

I told it once I will repeat it again. I'm not on this threds popular side but I tried body on other modules and it was even more weird: I had body that was holding stick and throttle and I had my touch controlled hands.

I bet that would take a huge amount of work to make body that will exploit ability of newer VR sets with full body motion tracking. And if you do not use full motion tracking you will see that weird movement of your arms you have in VR games. If you use something like mouse or other ways to click your cockpit stuff - that will even more make that weird when your hand stay on stick, but your switches and buttons moves.

My opinion having no virtual body makes it more immersive than having alien body that moves in strange ways. But for flat screen simers it can add some immersion me think. 

Your opinion. Not the opinion of many VR users. 
I don’t use the touch controllers. I’ve always found it to difficult to have them on my arms and take my hands off the stick then use them then take them off and put my hands on the stick. Not sure how other VR users find them. Eventually I hope to get something like pointctrl. 

Edited by westr

harrier landing GIFRYZEN 7 3700X Running at 4.35 GHz

NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1080Ti

32gb DDR4 RAM @3200 MHz

Oculus CV1 NvME 970 EVO

TM Warthog Stick & Throttle plus 11" extension. VKB T-Rudder MKIV