Unable to enter Mission from Mission Editor

Bonz

I updated to the latest Beta version (404). I was unable to enter any of my single player missions from the Mission Editor (ME). I could enter ME, make changes to a mission and save them... then when I tried to play that mission, instead of taking me to the Role Selection screen, it takes me into the game in an observer role... the game is paused and I have to hit the PAUSE button on the keyboard to get it moving... then when I hit ESC to bring up the menu for Role Selection, that item, role selection, is not in the list. A similar behavior exists for multiplayer when I start the game on my personal server, except that when I hit the ESC button, the menu that pops up does include the Role Selection item and I’m able to play the game. I decided to reinstall the game to correct this behavior... So I uninstalled the game and all its components. Unfortunately, I was unable to install the game. the DCS Installer kept stalling after about 2 or 3 minutes into each download attempt. I had to enter SAFE MODE in windows 10 before I was able to install the game. The reinstall did not correct my original problem of not being able to enter a mission directly from ME.

Normally this is due to the playable aircraft having their start time changed in the mission editor, so they aren't activate when the mission starts.

If you want to change the time the mission starts, you need to use the weather panel. Changing the start time of groups just prevents them from being spawned into the game world until that time.

Thanks for your comment... but this is happening to all my missions on this computer... I have two computers and DCS and mission editor on the other computer are functioning normally. I did reload the entire game (Uninstall then a reload) and the problem persists. I believe something on my affected computer is interfering with normal mission editor operation. I do agree that it is not seeing clients... whose start times are all controlled either by the Overall Mission start time or a delay planned using various triggers.