what is that thing sticking out of the wings???

Not knowing what the heck it is, or how to describe it or what its function could possibly be I can find no smart way to ask what the heck it is☺

When you are sitting in the cockpit and you look left there is that odd "Astric" looking thing on a stick protruding from the spar between those left-hand wings...

WTH is it and what does it do please☺?

I mean, why on the left and not the right, and why wouldn't they even mention the most oddball feature in the tutorials☺?

Thank you ahead of time.

PC: Intel Core i7-7700K 4.2GHz | MSI GTX 1080 TI | ASUS Maximus IX Hero | 32GB DDR4 RAM | 512GB Samsung 850 PRO SSD | Win10 Pro 64bit

Gear: HP Reverb | JetPad FSE | MTX Sim Rig | VKB Gunfighter Pro Mk.III w/ MCG Ultimate (center) | VKB Gunfighter Mk.III w/ SCG-R Premium (side)

VKB-Sim_NA_logo-3_DCS_Forum.png

VKBcontrollers.com

THANK YOU☺!

I was wondering if it had to do with horizon angle, but am so used to the older fighter jets just having the delineations hash-marked on the canopy that I could not accept one physically modeled and suspended from between the wings like that.

The link really helped too.

It's described in the manual starting on page 29.

Manual can be found in '...\Mods\aircraft\Christen Eagle II\Doc'

http://www.leatherneck-sim.com/

https://www.facebook.com/leatherneck.simulations/

i9 7980XE, 128GB Ram, SLI GTX Titan Xp, Win10 Pro, SSD, 2 x 256GB SSD, 4 x 512GB SSD RAID 0

i7 4960X, 64GB Ram, GTX Titan, Win10 Pro, 512GB PCIe SSD, 2 x 256GB SSD, 6 x 4TB HDD RAID 6, 9361-8i RAID Controller

i7 2600K, 16GB Ram, GTX 580, Win10 Pro, 240GB SSD, 3 x 4TB HDD

Pentium 4, 2GB Ram, GeForce 6800 Ultra, WinXp Pro, 3 x 500GB HDD