L39 Multicrew Issues

Hogges

Hello,

I am a new user in this forum but have been an avid Lock On and DCS player for many years now. Recently, a friend and I have started flying the L39 in multicrew to train him up and have discovered some recurring issues, which I wanted to list here in the hope that this helps the team in solving these.

In all cases, I have hosted the private multiplayer session on my PC with a 1 Gbit/s connection and we are in the same country with a ping that never goes above 47. Also, we are both running the latest stable version. The pilot always entered the front cockpit first with the instructor joining in at a later stage as I had read previously that his helps with multicrew issues.

Issues we have had are:

- Either one or both flaps break off completely.

This is certainly the biggest issue we have discovered as this obviously has quite a negative effect on a successful flight. :) I have read the other thread where this issue happens while changing controls between the pilots. In our case, we have never changed controls during these flights and it still happened with both the server host in the front and back cockpit. It mostly happens when lowering the flaps to the intermediate position for landing but has also happened randomly while flying in the air and even during the taxi. We have been training for around two weeks now and I would say it has happened in nearly 50% of the flights so not a rare issue at all.

- Airspeed indicator stops working for both pilots after changing control

We have only seen this happen after changing control back and forth between the trainee and instructor. The airspeed indicator goes to 0 in both cockpits. Switching off the electrical system for the indication doesn't bring it back

- Random black outs and red outs for the cockpit not currently flying

This seems to happen at random times and sometimes even on the taxiway. In some of these instances the plane also makes strange movements for the pilot not currently in command until it stabilizes again. Also, during taxi the plane sometimes appears to be sinking into the ground or tipping over for the pilot not in command.

All in all, these issues seem to come from some sort of de-sync to me that then exercises some strong forces on the plane once it syncs up again. This seems to be in line with some other reports I have seen. Especially the issue with the flaps breaking off is quite annoying as it can ruin an otherwise great flight in the last few minutes before touchdown. The L39 really is an absolute joy to fly and operate and I sincerely hope, that the team can take a look at and solve this issue to make multicrew training the amazing experience that it can be!

Thank you and I am happy to provide more information, should this be needed.

Hi, welcome to the forum!

Unfortunately, these issues have been reported numerous times already but it seems that they don't get addressed.

One addition: Mods and Devs will overlook your bug report if you don't attach a track file.

Cheers mate!

• Like 1

• 2 months later...
  • 5 months later...

I felt compelled to update my topic as I have just had an amazing multiplayer session following the latest open beta update. The introduction of the long awaited Huey multicrew feature seems to have also had a great effect on the L39 and I would assume multicrew in general.

A friend and I were flying for two hours, shooting a myriad of approaches, doing aerobatics, spin recovery training and switching controls back and forth constantly and it was smooth as butter and none of the issues mentioned in my original post persisted.

It was simply a fantastic experience and I would urge anyone that has experienced similar issues to the one I had in the past to try this out as well.

• 5 months later...

Reported many times:

here:
https://forums.eagle.ru/topic/268903-de-syncronization-between-front-and-back-cockpit/?tab=comments#comment-4634370
here:
https://forums.eagle.ru/topic/261279-desync-bug-l-39c-multicrew-desync/?tab=comments#comment-4624503

... and probably somewhere else

With my best regards
303_Kermit

Seems that guys don't have time for a little L39.