When are you actually going to fix this sim

Bandit47th

After months of waiting and ED being told of issues when are you actually going to fix the main issue of poor performance . Instead of giving new modules and little bug fixes fix the sim . I have been waiting and watching while updates to fix the major cause of poor performance are far and few between. People have spent good money on this sim and computer upgrades only to be told wait it is coming. You release a piss poor unstable update on the open beta . Have a letter posted by the CEO of ED saying sorry , but still no update to address the main issue. Stop doing module releases and pre releases and fix what is broken.

This should be your top priority period. Another week has gone by and all we get is more of the same. We are working on it. Stop saying it and just do it.

FIX YOUR PRODUCT.

This is why the beta should be taken off the main website and linked only in the forum, two many people are downloading it and using it to get the shiny stuff early not understanding this is for testing only.

Your frustrations would be greatly eased if you were using the stable version.

Load of crap

They need to fix what they are selling .

Stop with the eye candy and fix what is broken .

And I am using stable version.

This goes way back to the days of lock on. Same poor coding .

Same bad engine.

Get it fixed or stop selling it.

Different teams coding different aspects - core sim team trying to fix the performance issues, module teams working through their list of bugs....

Windows 11 Home ¦ Z790 AORUS Elite AX motherboard ¦ i7-13700K ¦ 64GB Corsair Vengeance DDR5 memory @ 5600MHz ¦ Samsung 990 Pro 1TB SSD for OS, Samsung 980 Pro 2TB SSD for DCS ¦ MSI GeForce RTX 4090 Gaming X Trio 24GB ¦ Virpil WarBRD base with VFX grip, Thrustmaster A10c and F/A-18 grips ¦ VKB Gunfighter Mk4 and MCG Pro ¦ Thrustmaster Warthog Throttle ¦ VKB STECS Throttle ¦ Virpil TCS rotor base with Shark and AH-64D  grips ¦ MFG Crosswinds ¦ Total Controls Multi-Function Button Box ¦ Pimax Crystal

Again load of crap

They know what to do but they are failing to do it.

Get off their asses and fix what people have paid for.

and by the way the beta is still available to dl from web site.

Fix your product stop defending ED they know what they as a company have to do so get it done and stop everything else until that is accomplished.

I love it when someone who obviously knows nothing about software development demands a software developer to "fix the bugs and stop releasing new stuff" and not understanding that the Venn Diagram for the "fix the bugs" team and the "make new stuff team" barely touch. (For some companies they aren't even in the same country.)

I especially love it when they can barely form a coherent sentence and come across as a spoiled 12-year-old even if they're middle-aged.

TL/DR: The Dunning-Kruger is strong with this one...

Windows 10 64-bit | Ryzen 9 3900X 4.00GHz (OC) | Asus Strix B450-F | 64GB Corsair Vengeance @ 3000MHz | two Asus GeForce 1070 Founders Edition (second card used for CUDA only) | two Silicon Power 1TB NVMe in RAID-0 | Samsung 32" 1440p Monitor | two ASUS 23" 1080p monitors | ASUS Mixed Reality VR | Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS | MFG Crosswind

A-10C Warthog | AV-8B Harrier (N/A) | F/A-18C Hornet | F-16C Viper | F-14B Tomcat | UH-1H Huey | P-51D Mustang | F-86F Saber | Persian Gulf | NTTR

STFU

Software development and game engines have been around for years.

Bad coding and bad programing are no excuse.

This is their engine and they are selling a product that is bugged beyond what is normal.

You have no idea what my qualifications are so again STFU.

When the head of a company posts and apology this speaks volumes.

As for being a twelve year old ? Do I know you. No I do not.

On that note I am a paying customer who has the right to expect that what I am paying for works.

Not have a company put out a product that is buggy as hell.

They are aware of what is wrong but are failing to fix it.

Stop defending them and start demanding what you paid for . A product that works.

We give them good money, it is time that they deliver a product that is deserving of our money.

I especially love it when they can barely form a coherent sentence and come across as a spoiled 12-year-old even if they're middle-aged.

STFU

You have no idea what my qualifications are so again STFU.

Point proven I guess. But please keep us all entertained bro.

i5-8600k @4.9Ghz, 2080ti , 32GB@2666Mhz, 512GB SSD

Yeah , he makes himself difficult to defend . Cabin fever perhaps ?

9700k @ stock , Aorus Pro Z390 wifi , 32gb 3200 mhz CL16 , 1tb EVO 970 , MSI RX 6800XT Gaming X TRIO , Seasonic Prime 850w Gold , Coolermaster H500m , Noctua NH-D15S , CH Pro throttle and T50CM2/WarBrD base on Foxxmounts , CH pedals , Reverb G2v2

No cabin fever here.

This has been going on for years.

When are we finally going to get what we have spent money on?????

This is a product that should have been at the finishing stage along time ago.

I have watch and waited a very long time for this to be accomplished.

ED has failed in this .

It is time that some one at the higher levels take this in hand and fix it or stop selling it until it is fixed.

When will some one take responsibility for their product and fix it,

Again this has been years not months.

For all the brain power on this team there should be a fix for the bugs at this point in the development of this sim.

I wish someone from ED would take the bull by the horns and get this done.

You have taken money for your product. You should at the very least fix it before selling more of the same.

.. fix it or stop selling it until it is fixed.

I wonder how long would ED subsist without selling anything? ... would it be long enough to actually fix what you want (higher performance, if I understood you correctly) ? .. or would it go out of business first?

For work: iMac mid-2010 of 27" - Core i7 870 - 6 GB DDR3 1333 MHz - ATI HD5670 - SSD 256 GB - HDD 2 TB - macOS High Sierra

For Gaming: 34" Monitor - Ryzen 3600X - 32 GB DDR4 2400 - nVidia GTX1070ti - SSD 1.25 TB - HDD 10 TB - Win10 Pro - TM HOTAS Cougar - Oculus Rift CV1

Mobile: iPad Pro 12.9" of 256 GB

No cabin fever here.

This has been going on for years.

When are we finally going to get what we have spent money on?????

This is a product that should have been at the finishing stage along time ago.

I have watch and waited a very long time for this to be accomplished.

ED has failed in this .

It is time that some one at the higher levels take this in hand and fix it or stop selling it until it is fixed.

When will some one take responsibility for their product and fix it,

Again this has been years not months.

For all the brain power on this team there should be a fix for the bugs at this point in the development of this sim.

I wish someone from ED would take the bull by the horns and get this done.

You have taken money for your product. You should at the very least fix it before selling more of the same.

Caveat Emptor. You paid for precisely what was available at the time of purchase. The engine is free, you bought/buy modules having received, and presumably tested, the base product for free. If you thought that it was bad then why did you throw more money at it with the hope that it would some day meet your expectations?

This is entertainment, if it doesn’t entertain you then do something else. Time is precious, it’s not worth getting this wound up about a video game.

Edited by Crispus
Superfluous usage of the word ‘expectation’

------------------- PC SPEC -------------------

i5-9600K @ 5GHz, EVGA GTX 1080 SC, 16GB DDR3200 RAM, Corsair H80i V2 AIO. DCS World 2.5.x on dedicated 128GB SSD. Oculus Rift CV1 or 32” 1440p Monitor, DelanClip & OpenTrack. VoiceAttack, Viacom 2.5, Virpil WarBRD Base + VPC MongoosT-50CM2 Grip, VPC MongoosT-50 Throttle, Logitech Pro Rudder Pedals

Interesting ??

You pay for a product with good money.

You give your opinion on what that paid product fails to do after years.

You get ass hats voicing support for a company that has taken money ,had an executive post an apology about bad work and you still defend them.

When will ED step up to the plate and give what was paid for.

Also interesting that not one moderator or beta tester or programmer has voiced an opinion or shut down this topic.

Silence from the company speaks volumes.

I respect all who have posted replies .

It is good to have a frank discussion on things that people are passionate about.

But in the end ED has not given what we have paid for.

This should be a wake up call to ED and its product team , coders, and producers to put forth a product that is worth monies paid for their product.

... But in the end ED has not given what we have paid for.

Speak for yourself only ... I dont feel that way at all.

DCS could be better? certainly. Do I feel that I haven´t got what I paid for? nope .. DCS has entertained me for 7 years, and the price has been just a fraction of what my computer costs.

Do I complain to nvidia that my old gpu can't run VR smoothly? .. do I ask them to stop selling cards until they fix mine? .. no, because the card still performs just like the day I purchased it .. it is not its fault that I now want to do more with it.

For work: iMac mid-2010 of 27" - Core i7 870 - 6 GB DDR3 1333 MHz - ATI HD5670 - SSD 256 GB - HDD 2 TB - macOS High Sierra

For Gaming: 34" Monitor - Ryzen 3600X - 32 GB DDR4 2400 - nVidia GTX1070ti - SSD 1.25 TB - HDD 10 TB - Win10 Pro - TM HOTAS Cougar - Oculus Rift CV1

Mobile: iPad Pro 12.9" of 256 GB

I think what the asshats like me are saying is that getting upset isn’t going to change the practical reality for you. Angrily telling professional software developers that ideally their product should ideally be 100% stable and bug free isn’t constructive, they already know that. The problem is that every other post on here is a complaint that they aren’t releasing their unstable code base quickly enough.

Edited by Crispus

------------------- PC SPEC -------------------

i5-9600K @ 5GHz, EVGA GTX 1080 SC, 16GB DDR3200 RAM, Corsair H80i V2 AIO. DCS World 2.5.x on dedicated 128GB SSD. Oculus Rift CV1 or 32” 1440p Monitor, DelanClip & OpenTrack. VoiceAttack, Viacom 2.5, Virpil WarBRD Base + VPC MongoosT-50CM2 Grip, VPC MongoosT-50 Throttle, Logitech Pro Rudder Pedals

Hello

This is not about video cards it is about a program that does not perform.

I speak for myself not for you. Do not assume such.

You are entitled to your opinion as am I.

For seven years this has not been what it should have been.

If you cannot see that I cannot change your opinion.

ED has not replied to this post nor have any admins. Speaks volumes.

According to ED hardware from past years should be able to run this sim with little issue.

Yet modern systems are having issues running this program. How is this acceptable by any standard????

Yet another thread proving that the beta shouldn’t be so easily accessible, the headache of sifting through threads like this cluttering up the forums must make EDs job a nightmare when trying to sort out people reporting issues versus disgruntled and confused customers.

Not confused.

Using stable version.

They put out the beta. They had an executive post a letter about said beta being poor.

I do not use the beta. I have been waiting for a long time to have what I paid for work on their stable release.

My system is more than capable according to their requirements.

Either fix it or stop selling what is clearly broken.

Companies that continue to put out a product that clearly does not meet their own system specs have issues.

They should stop updates on the product. Not put it out there for people to work on and come up with fixes for them.

I have read to many posts from people who have spent hours trying to find solutions to problems that should be fixed by ED.

I have also read posts from moderators who have stated a fix is coming for months.

Nothing has come along, that I can see, that even begins to come close to fixing a core issue with this product.

Game stability is key.

Update after update fails to address this key issue.

People should not have to spend their time to fix what ED knows is a major issue.

Sending specs and DX files are not going to solve what they know needs to be fixed.

Point proven I guess. But please keep us all entertained bro.

Yes, this guy (OP) is clearly on the very top of the Dunning-Kruger Scale. That's where he is and will remain. :thumbup:

PC: AMD Ryzen 9 5950X | MSI Suprim GeForce 3090 TI | ASUS Prime X570-P | 128GB DDR4 3600 RAM | 2TB Samsung 870 EVO SSD | Win10 Pro 64bit

Gear: HP Reverb G2 | JetPad FSE | VKB Gunfighter Pro Mk.III w/ MCG Ultimate

VKBNA_LOGO_SM.png

VKBcontrollers.com

Go Bandit Gooooo

Don't let the ass hats detour you! MANY many of us out here support you! TRUTH!

Not confused.

Using stable version.

They put out the beta. They had an executive post a letter about said beta being poor.

I do not use the beta. I have been waiting for a long time to have what I paid for work on their stable release.

My system is more than capable according to their requirements.

Either fix it or stop selling what is clearly broken.

Companies that continue to put out a product that clearly does not meet their own system specs have issues.

They should stop updates on the product. Not put it out there for people to work on and come up with fixes for them.

I have read to many posts from people who have spent hours trying to find solutions to problems that should be fixed by ED.

I have also read posts from moderators who have stated a fix is coming for months.

Nothing has come along, that I can see, that even begins to come close to fixing a core issue with this product.

Game stability is key.

People should not have to spend their time to fix what ED knows is a major issue.

Sending specs and DX files are not going to solve what they know needs to be fixed.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Although I feel your pain bro, your a tad aggressive. Just remember, Unless your a thousand post regular or making a self important complaint about the orientation of the lug nut of the f16 your going to get nothing but flames and the “fan boys” screaming “TRUTH”. Wtf is that btw???

Its broken, they are trying to fix it. Frustrating yes but dude, you’re not a “regular “ so “they” don’t want your opinion.

Regards!

Edited by Mr. Big.”Biggs”

I9 (5Ghz turbo)2080ti 64Gb 3200 ram. 3 drives. A sata 2tb storage and 2 M.2 drives. 1 is 1tb, 1 is 500gb.

Valve Index, Virpil t50 cm2 stick, t50 base and v3 throttle w mini stick. MFG crosswind pedals.

Either fix it or stop selling what is clearly broken. Companies that continue to put out a product that clearly does not meet their own system specs have issues.

Game stability is key.

Totally agree with you speaking your mind, but these quotes are just hyperbole.

I fly DCS. It works for me. It is stable for me. It is not broken for me.

I know the risk of running open beta, and buying pre-release/early access software. I appreciate the choice, and that they don't do what you want, when you say stop updates and/or new products.

The DCS model is built on constant updates. This is well known. Yes bugs always remain, and whenever a major code branch merge hits, there are more, including performance hits.

Sending logs and DX files is exactly how the majority of the, "software won't run" or, "constant crashing" kind of problems are fixed.

Speak your mind, as others speak theirs, but don't be surprised when you get called out on BS, and lay off the STFU stuff if you want any respect from others.

If the game pisses you off so badly then stop frikin' playing. You spent money? Fine. Then get used to the concept of the "sunken cost fallacy." There's plenty of other flight sims out there you can play. Heck, there's one that was released in 1998, had its source code leaked and has spent 20+ years being crowdsourced into a pretty impressive simulator. Surely it's bug free by now...

Oh, wait, it still has a list of bugs a mile long...

Huh, it's almost like it's hard to write modern flight sims.

Edited by panton41

Windows 10 64-bit | Ryzen 9 3900X 4.00GHz (OC) | Asus Strix B450-F | 64GB Corsair Vengeance @ 3000MHz | two Asus GeForce 1070 Founders Edition (second card used for CUDA only) | two Silicon Power 1TB NVMe in RAID-0 | Samsung 32" 1440p Monitor | two ASUS 23" 1080p monitors | ASUS Mixed Reality VR | Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS | MFG Crosswind

A-10C Warthog | AV-8B Harrier (N/A) | F/A-18C Hornet | F-16C Viper | F-14B Tomcat | UH-1H Huey | P-51D Mustang | F-86F Saber | Persian Gulf | NTTR