DCS Wishlist - Bell H-13 Souix Helicopter

JUICE-AWG

I would love to see a free helicopter with clickable cockpit to compliment the SU-25T and TF-51D in DCS World. This addition to the free-to fly family would round out the DCS air components of JET, Prop, and Heli and could open the way to maybe consider a free ground vehicle that would spark interest in Combined Arms Sales. The kickoff for the project could be a community MOD competition or something to spark cooperative development from talented community members. Just an idea to throw out there!

"There are only two types of aircraft, Fighters and Targets." Doyle "Wahoo" Nicholson

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Sounds like a good marketing idea to me to generate more interest in the helicopter modules.

I had to look it up but instantly recognized it from the old MASH TV show.

Bell47-photo.jpg

Edited by Evoman

yes i always wanted a free helicopter to attract simmers to this game.

FC3 | UH-1 | Mi-8 | A-10C II | F/A-18 | Ka-50 III | F-14 | F-16 | AH-64 Mi-24 | F-5 | F-15E| F-4| Tornado

Persian Gulf | Nevada | Syria | NS-430 | Supercarrier // Wishlist: CH-53 | UH-60

Youtube

MS FFB2 - TM Warthog - CH Pro Pedals - Trackir 5

+1 definitely would be cool!

Modules I own: F-14A/B, Mi-24P, AV-8B N/A, AJS 37, F-5E-3, MiG-21bis, F-16CM, F/A-18C, Supercarrier, Mi-8MTV2, UH-1H, Mirage 2000C, FC3, MiG-15bis, Ka-50, A-10C (+ A-10C II), P-47D, P-51D, C-101, Yak-52, WWII Assets, CA, NS430, Hawk.

Terrains I own: South Atlantic, Syria, The Channel, SoH/PG, Marianas.

System:

GIGABYTE B650 AORUS ELITE AX, AMD Ryzen 5 7600, Corsair Vengeance DDR5-5200 32 GB, Western Digital Black SN850X 1 TB (DCS dedicated) & 2 TB NVMe SSDs, Corsair RM850X 850 W, NZXT H7 Flow, MSI G274CV.

Peripherals: VKB Gunfighter Mk.II w. MCG Pro, MFG Crosswind V3 Graphite, Logitech Extreme 3D Pro.

And then give change to skin it nicely...

Bell 47:

batcopter-2.jpg

batcopter_19662.png

They say that the batwings on that helicopter reduced power by 50% why you don't see them in the modernized ("restored") one.

CjRphRTk6EM

No, I wouldn't fly any other skinned one!

Edited by Fri13

i7-8700k, 32GB 2666Mhz DDR4, 2x 2080S SLI 8GB, Oculus Rift S.

i7-8700k, 16GB 2666Mhz DDR4, 1080Ti 11GB, 27" 4K, 65" HDR 4K.

There has been a nice mod for that around. But yes, it would be nice. It has also been suggested before but it looks like getting it done is just too much work to then give it away for free.

Of all the helicopters to offer for free I could not imagine a more perfect option than the H-13 just because its simplicity. It is so simple that I imagine that the development would take little work compared to the usual module.

Plus giving it away will pay for its self many times over by all the interest it would bring DCS.

It's systems may be simple , but it's flight dynamics certainly are not . And anyone thinking it should be free is welcome to come and build me a summer home , gratis of course .

9700k @ stock , Aorus Pro Z390 wifi , 32gb 3200 mhz CL16 , 1tb EVO 970 , MSI RX 6800XT Gaming X TRIO , Seasonic Prime 850w Gold , Coolermaster H500m , Noctua NH-D15S , CH Pro throttle and T50CM2/WarBrD base on Foxxmounts , CH pedals , Reverb G2v2

If there was a decision to make a helicopter module available for free, this would probably be a decent choice. But as Svsmokey said, the flight dynamics are as tricky as for any other helicopter and it would take quite a bit of work. Also, I'm afraid this whole 'people are going to buy other helicopters after trying this' thought sadly fails on account of the rather limited range of helicopter modules available in the DCS currently.