The new 9800

this is one huge card... talking about quad SLI? Who's got money to buy 4 of these... and thing about how much space you need in case to begin with? Very beefy PSU? Then motherboard with 4 PCI-E slots? aye...

No longer active in DCS...

this is one huge card... talking about quad SLI? Who's got money to buy 4 of these... and thing about how much space you need in case to begin with? Very beefy PSU? Then motherboard with 4 PCI-E slots? aye...
Yes! 4 PCI slots, it's configuration for powerful graphic station - rather than pc gaming rig:

http://pl.asus.com/products.aspx?l1=3&l2=82&l3=249&l4=0&model=1341&modelmenu=1

but they can be placed in pairs 2x normal and 2x in oposite direction to save the space.

But WOW 9800! I didn't know it will come out so quickly. What is the cost of that tractor?

Good news - 8800 price will drop very soon then.

• ED Team

I usually buy the best i can afford at the moment i need new hardware. So usually i have a mixed setup every two years between AMD and Intel. I stopped tracking the CPU market and performance some time ago because lack of time.

So my actual decisions on buying hardware is checking whats the "best" for my bucks at the current given moment and thats it.

Although i heard the AMD Quad CPU is awesome.

Im not saying is bad at all. Phenom got some advantages like very fast communication with memory without using high frequency RAM (You'll get outstanding outcome with DDR2 1066MHz). But when You try to compare clock-to-clock it loose with C2Q. However its price is just not much cheaper but when you start to building a rig on Phenom's base you'll save much more money.

REspectfully guys, I think its nuts to trade off a GTX for one of the 9800 or even SLI any of these. You guys probably wont get much of a perfomance boost anyway. Not worth the money if you ask me. Ill keep my old GTS for years to come. My ATI 9800 pro lasted 3 yars and it was already 2 years old when i bought it! Its still working well as I gave that PC off to my sister.

[sigpic]http://forums.eagle.ru/signaturepics/sigpic4448_29.gif[/sigpic]

My PC specs below:

Case: Corsair 400C

PSU: SEASONIC SS-760XP2 760W Platinum

CPU: AMD RYZEN 3900X (12C/24T)

RAM: 32 GB 4266Mhz (two 2x8 kits) of trident Z RGB @3600Mhz CL 14 CR=1T

MOBO: ASUS CROSSHAIR HERO VI AM4

GFX: GTX 1080Ti MSI Gaming X

Cooler: NXZT Kraken X62 280mm AIO

Storage: Samsung 960 EVO 1TB M.2+6GB WD 6Gb red

HOTAS: Thrustmaster Warthog + CH pro pedals

Monitor: Gigabyte AORUS AD27QD Freesync HDR400 1440P

Excacly that I'm trying to say. AFAIK 9800 has no other new features like new shaders.

[EDIT]No, wait a minute :doh: I think I told Groove to buy next GTX than buy new one 9800 - so this is not excacly same :D. You're saying that there is no need to buy even next one. Well, not yet. But after while better way would be to do so than switching to 9800.

You fellas may have seen this already, but here is the apparent nVidia roadmap for the first half of 2008:

http://enthusiast.hardocp.com/article.html?art=MTQ0MCwxLCxoZW50aHVzaWFzdA==

The 9800GX2 and 9800GTX should be arriving during the Feb/Mar timeframe, with a 9800GT to follow.

But according to the article, the 9800 series is not new technology. It is just a GPU die-shrink to 65nm.

What about any news on new ATI card? :( But how much is that one going to run because im thinking about buying it and selling my 8800 ULTRA half prices for what it worths now!

|Windows 8 64bit|I7-950| |X58Mobo| |1T HDD| |18gigs PC3-16000 TC 2000mhz||Nvidia GTX 660 Ti Graphics||Cougar HOTAS-CHPedals/TIR5ProClip|

naaa... I'd keep that 8800 and wait for next gen card. I still have ATI 1950xtx and won't change untill next gen cards come out, but even them I won't change unless this one can't handle what ever I'd be running at that point in time or what ever comes next gives sufficient performance gain (say 30% at least) from what I have right now but even then if the game is all CPU what's the point even it's 100% faster :)

No longer active in DCS...

I'll keep my 8800GTX until 10th generation cards. That's mean I'll pass over 9 series Nvidia graphic cards. However I applied to 780i upgrade from 680i boards which is organized by EVGA for $85 bucks.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Intel Core i7-6700K, @5GHz | Asus Maximus Hero VIII | 2 x eVGA GTX 970 SLI | Kingston Predator 16GB DDR4-3000Mhz | 2 x Samsung 850 PRO 240GB RAID-0 | AOC G2460PG G-SYNC LCD | OCULUS RIFT CV1 VR | THRUSTMASTER HOTAS WARTHOG | CH PRO PEDALS

What about any news on new ATI card? :( But how much is that one going to run because im thinking about buying it and selling my 8800 ULTRA half prices for what it worths now!
New Radeons are HD 3870 and HD 3850. Both are DX10.1 compatible. NVidia users shouldn't be worry 'cuz DX10 isn't so popular in devs eyes yet.

ATI (or rather AMD now) prepares new GPU R700 known also as Wekiva. R700 will consist of smaller subsetups.

All specifications of 3800 series GPU you'll find here.

G100 - next GPU after G92 from nVidia - also will be compatible with DX10.1 and will use new Shader Model 5.0.