DCS lock-up upon exit.

Hawkeye60

I have noticed since the last patch, DCS will freeze, or take forever to exit to desk top.

Many time requiring a three finger salute to get to said DT.

Repairs do not help.

Deleting shaders did not help.

I do use mods, but even without them installed,

the issue persists.

My Mates have noticed the same issue.

With much longer loading times as well.

Also,, some textures are behaving strangely.

It points to a shaders issue......

If logs are wanted, I will provide them

FYI

"Yeah, and though I work in the valley of Death, I will fear no Evil. For where there is one, there is always three. I preparest my aircraft to receive the Iron that will be delivered in the presence of my enemies. Thy ALCM and JDAM they comfort me. Power was given unto the aircrew to make peace upon the world by way of the sword. And when the call went out, Behold the "Sword of Stealth". And his name was Death. And Hell followed him. For the day of wrath has come and no mercy shall be given."

I had 3 lock-ups today as I was testing some functionality on the I-16

LeCuvier

Windows 10 Pro 64Bit | i7-4790 CPU |16 GB RAM|SSD System Disk|SSD Gaming Disk| MSI GTX-1080 Gaming 8 GB| Acer XB270HU | TM Warthog HOTAS | VKB Gladiator Pro | MongoosT-50 | MFG Crosswind Pedals | TrackIR 5

I have noticed since the last patch, DCS will freeze, or take forever to exit to desk top.

Many time requiring a three finger salute to get to said DT.

Repairs do not help.

Deleting shaders did not help.

I do use mods, but even without them installed,

the issue persists.

My Mates have noticed the same issue.

With much longer loading times as well.

Hi all..... Same issues for me, except my loading times don't seem to have changed.

The game just hangs on 'quit mission' or 'quit to DT'

Tried a repair, but to no avail. No MODS.

Same. Tends to finally exit after some minutes. Currently on its 4th minute though... waiting.

Latest OB. Probably related to the overloaded master server. Sends a message, waits for reply and hangs until that reply comes.

Edit: Game just exited.

- Jack of many DCS modules, master of none.

- Personal wishlist: F-15A, F-4S Phantom II, JAS 39A Gripen, SAAB 35 Draken, F-104 Starfighter, Panavia Tornado IDS.

| Windows 11 | i5-12400 | 64Gb DDR4 | RTX 3080 | 2x M.2 | 27" 1440p | Rift CV1 | Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS | MFG Crosswind pedals |

Did you install latest windows update (kumulative april update KB4549951)? That might've fixed it for me, not sure, but my game didn't freeze since

DCS Wishlist: 2K11 Krug SA-4 Ganef SAM, VR-TrackIR icons next to player names in score-chart

PvP: 100+ manual player-kills with Stingers on a well known dynamic campaign server - 100+ VTOL FARP landings & 125+ hours AV-8B, F-14 crew, royal dutch airforce F-16C - PvP campaigns since 2013

DCS server-admins: please adhere to a common sense gaming industry policy as most server admins throughout the industry do. (After all there's enough hostility on the internet already which really doesn't help anyone. Thanks.)

Dell Visor VR headset, Ryzen 5 5600 (6C/12T), RTX 2060 - basic DCS-community rule-of-thumb: Don't believe bad things that a PvP pilot claims about another PvP pilot without having analyzed the existing evidence

afraid to do that

^ Which TEMP folder? There are a lot of them on system drive after all.

i think it means rename your user/../DCSOB in saved game, save it before that, then run the game, be back to your save game and copy the old folders missing/or replace your config, data-input, liveries-missions etc you should saved in the old DCS one.

sorry for my english:cry:

Did you install latest windows update (kumulative april update KB4549951)? That might've fixed it for me, not sure, but my game didn't freeze since

My Windows updater history says I've got this particular KB installed on 15th, so that's probably not it. Unless it's language version related...

i7 9700K @ stock speed, single GTX1070, 32 gigs of RAM, TH Warthog, MFG Crosswind, Win10.

Up-date!

Dis-connect internet,

Run sim.

Issue fixed!

Plug in internet,

Run sim,

Issue returns!

YMMV

"Yeah, and though I work in the valley of Death, I will fear no Evil. For where there is one, there is always three. I preparest my aircraft to receive the Iron that will be delivered in the presence of my enemies. Thy ALCM and JDAM they comfort me. Power was given unto the aircrew to make peace upon the world by way of the sword. And when the call went out, Behold the "Sword of Stealth". And his name was Death. And Hell followed him. For the day of wrath has come and no mercy shall be given."

no way

Seems that deleting DCS folder in %TEMP% fixed for me.

I did the trick, deleting "temp" folder.....same things happen..attempt to click on module manager....stuck on screen...begin any mission click on exit.. stuck on screen etc...i think something bring the mess between dcs server & game maybe a protect app regarding the free trial modules.....:helpsmilie:

Frequently unable to log in, get stuck on login page, or gets stuck on authorisation page, or gets stuck on the next page, and wont let me into task manager to shut it down. Every time I exit Mission Editor the game freezes, 90% of the time it stays frozen, 10% it eventually shuts down after long delays.

Basically unplayable for now.

Update... what ? Windows?

I9 12900k@ 5 GHz | 32 GB DDR4 | Asus ROG  Strix Z690-A Gaming Wifi d4| RTX 3090 | 6 TB SSD + 8 TB HDD | 4K Samsung Q90R 55" | VKB MK III PRO L | Virpil Throttle MONGOOST-50 | MFG Crosswind | TrackIR5

Myea, being logged in atm is a bad deal. Cant even exit out of a mission without it hanging there for several minutes.

- Jack of many DCS modules, master of none.

- Personal wishlist: F-15A, F-4S Phantom II, JAS 39A Gripen, SAAB 35 Draken, F-104 Starfighter, Panavia Tornado IDS.

| Windows 11 | i5-12400 | 64Gb DDR4 | RTX 3080 | 2x M.2 | 27" 1440p | Rift CV1 | Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS | MFG Crosswind pedals |